bumping this so that a dev or mod can read this, this server indeed breaks rules and needs to be blacklisted.

The odd thing too is that they cut the server off at the correct time so they never truly have to deal with nighttime either on this server.

Donkey.png

Argument is valid now? :)

10/10 would look at again

Edited by Dylan748

freddie-on-shetland-pony.jpg

Argument is valid now?

Edited by Yoko

I'm pretty sure this thread is derailed, but sure you're argument is completely valid (In my opinion)

I'm pretty sure this thread is derailed, but sure you're argument is completely valid (In my opinion)

:D

See? all he needed was some donkey persuasion.

• Like 1

As soon as they're proven wrong - they shut up about the entire thing, take the first distraction and make it grow in hopes of everyone forgetting their mistake. It's one thing to be ungraceful in the event of being wrong - it's another thing to avoid it entirely and attempt to abuse the person who went out of his way to actually come up with conclusive evidence for his side of the argument.

Who honestly cares what he likes and dislikes? Does that have anything to do with the fact that you were wrong?

Man up or just get out, it's really as simple as that.

-MONSTER

• Like 2

What, Speechless now? I saw all of you shouting and yelling you can do it reading my post, but when its proven to your face you know you can't you all tail hide into the shadows. Seriously, MAN the hell up a little bit and admit your mistakes. You think I like being the bad guy and pointing out something you can't do wrong and make sure all you kiddies are playing by the same rules as the REST of us suddenly makes me a bad person for ruining something you shouldn't have been doing to begin with.

My Cup of Care is Empty.

You do realize not everyone has infinite free time and can browse the forums endlessly correct? Apparently if you're not on for a few hours you're speechless. Anyway, you would still have to prove that the server is shut down specifically to guard loot which you'll have a difficult time doing. As of now you are doing exactly what you say you don't do: making baseless assumptions. Have you even played on the server yet or did you just grab your pitchfork and torch because of one person's post? The guy who complained is more than likely biased and upset because of server downtime and throws accusations based on partial anger.

And no, your care cup is not empty if you continuously post here. If you didn't care you wouldn't post. And to the people who don't know how blacklisting works: the server wouldn't get outright banned for doing something not against the ToS. At most it would get a warning and that be would that. I honestly wonder how many people in this thread even played on the server and how many just look for trouble because of boredom.

Edited by A Classy Emu

You misunderstand what my Cup of Care comment means. Which it is meant to be misleading and that is understandable. However, my Cup of Care has nothing to do with Admin Abuse on US 1038.

My few hours of speechlessness is because I was driving for six hours back to my home~. Noone saw me browsing the forums at this time to read replies. Which is why I said "I saw you guys reading it but then you never posted." Because, Several of the individuals who claimed you can do this INSTANTLY shut up when I posted. That is a clear difference between me going offline and someone who is still online and posting elsewhere. Hey, more power to them, but I will gladly show their hypocrisy to other individuals so they are NOT taken seriously anymore. even if its by a few people.

I don't EXPECT you to be able to read the forum for hours on end, but I do expect you to not attempt to claim you know more than the individual who /does/ spend his time reading the forums and gathering correct information. If you don't, then you deserve every bit of curb stomping from intelligent individuals who roll through here. If you wanna post half-informed information. You better be ready to be challenged on it. How dare someone attempt to question your posts. The nerve.

It doesn't matter if he is bias or angry in his personal opinion. His opinion happens to be factually correct. Even if he was enraged.

• Like 1

As soon as they're proven wrong - they shut up about the entire thing, take the first distraction and make it grow in hopes of everyone forgetting their mistake. It's one thing to be ungraceful in the event of being wrong - it's another thing to avoid it entirely and attempt to abuse the person who went out of his way to actually come up with conclusive evidence for his side of the argument.

Who honestly cares what he likes and dislikes? Does that have anything to do with the fact that you were wrong?

Man up or just get out, it's really as simple as that.

-MONSTER

I just walked into this thread with malicious intent, and I had nothing to do with it in the first place. Also, stop signing your posts, we can see your name perfectly, stop trying to be a special little flower you camwhore.

You misunderstand what my Cup of Care comment means. Which it is meant to be misleading and that is understandable. However, my Cup of Care has nothing to do with Admin Abuse on US 1038.

My few hours of speechlessness is because I was driving for six hours back to my home~. Noone saw me browsing the forums at this time to read replies. Which is why I said "I saw you guys reading it but then you never posted." Because, Several of the individuals who claimed you can do this INSTANTLY shut up when I posted. That is a clear difference between me going offline and someone who is still online and posting elsewhere. Hey, more power to them, but I will gladly show their hypocrisy to other individuals so they are NOT taken seriously anymore. even if its by a few people.

I don't EXPECT you to be able to read the forum for hours on end, but I do expect you to not attempt to claim you know more than the individual who /does/ spend his time reading the forums and gathering correct information. If you don't, then you deserve every bit of curb stomping from intelligent individuals who roll through here. If you wanna post half-informed information. You better be ready to be challenged on it. How dare someone attempt to question your posts. The nerve.

It doesn't matter if he is bias or angry in his personal opinion. His opinion happens to be factually correct. Even if he was enraged.

If by "reading" you mean that you can see our names at the bottom of the page, that's because a lot of people will leave tabs open for a while when they might actually be afk or doing something else. I just happened to check back here a few minutes ago. Nobody here is being a hypocrit, could you quote the exact text of people being contradictory? Again, where exactly did I claim to know more than everyone else? By making a point? No one likes a straw-man argument so stop with shoving words down people's mouths. You trying to claim superior intelligence is also silly and irrelevant. Finally, which of my information is half-informed? The ToS says nothing on server downtime, nothing. That's a straight fact.

Edited by A Classy Emu

Emu. It clearly states giving yourself a benefit is not permitted.

Let me put this into context you will understand.

US 1038 isn't a server that is on its own. It is connected to a local HIVE. Meaning all your data is stored there. Any equipment you GET from US 1038 can be used on any other server. This poses a serious disadvantage to other servers who have to be up 24/7 as it states in DayZ Rules.

You simply saying "Well, because it doesn't SPECIFICALLY say this one thing means suddenly we can do it." No, that doesn't work that way. You sound like a kid who asked his mom for a cookie from the cookie jar and she says yes, so you take three then go "What, you didn't SAY how many I could have."

This falls under the fact of "Giving yourself and advantage over other players." Your argument "You get the same benefits if you are on this server" So if I shut my server down after a days hard work so noone can grief or get into my equipment, I shouldn't be blacklisted? That is absurd. I expect to be blacklisted in a heartbeat.

Also, Them 'appearing' after my post, then disappearing a few minutes later clearly disproves that was a tab incident. But, that I can't prove because that's silly to screenshot, so you don't really need to believe it or not.

I never said "My intelligence." I might have implied it. But I kept it generalized because I am not the only individual who is speaking out here. The real fact is, I have made real points. You have only made points based on how you 'feel' it should be because its worded in a way you can twist it to try to benefit your situation.

Edit - Also, I am pretty sure you didn't see my post at the bottom of Page 2 where I asked a Dev "Correct me if I am wrong, but I am sure you can't shut a server down to prevent people from stealing your loot." Which he states clearly. "Si" or if you don't know Spanish, Means "Yes"

Edited by U.B.C.S. Ravin
  • Like 2

I just walked into this thread with malicious intent, and I had nothing to do with it in the first place. Also, stop signing your posts, we can see your name perfectly, stop trying to be a special little flower you camwhore.

Nothing in your response disputes the fact that you were wrong and that you're simply wasting time attempting to abuse people anonymously. I can do what I want with my formatting, who are you to demand things from me? Get over yourself, you're not special - not here, not anywhere.

This is the internet.

-MONSTER

• Like 2

Emu. It clearly states giving yourself a benefit is not permitted.

Let me put this into contact you will understand.

US 1038 isn't a server that is on its own. It is connected to a local HIVE. Meaning all your data is stored there. Any equipment you GET from US 1038 can be used on any other server. This poses a serious disadvantage to other servers who have to be up 24/7 as it states in DayZ Rules.

You simply saying "Well, because it doesn't SPECIFICALLY say this one thing means suddenly we can do it." No, that doesn't work that way. You sound like a kid who asked his mom for a cookie from the cookie jar and she says yes, so you take three then go "What, you didn't SAY how many I could have."

This falls under the fact of "Giving yourself and advantage over other players." Your argument "You get the same benefits if you are on this server" So if I shut my server down after a days hard work so noone can grief or get into my equipment, I shouldn't be blacklisted? That is absurd. I expect to be blacklisted in a heartbeat.

Also, Them 'appearing' after my post, then disappearing a few minutes later clearly disproves that was a tab incident. But, that I can't prove because that's silly to screenshot, so you don't really need to believe it or not.

I never said "My intelligence." I might have implied it. But I kept it generalized because I am not the only individual who is speaking out here. The real fact is, I have made real points. You have only made points based on how you 'feel' it should be because its worded in a way you can twist it to try to benefit your situation.

Edit - Also, I am pretty sure you didn't see my post at the bottom of Page 2 where I asked a Dev "Correct me if I am wrong, but I am sure you can't shut a server down to prevent people from stealing your loot." Which he states clearly. "Si" or if you don't know Spanish, Means "Yes"

Don't patronize me Ravin, you look like a cunt.

I'm going to post the rules to hosting an admin here from the main thread under server discussion.

- IT MAY NEVER BE PASSWORDED

- NO OTHER KEYS OR MODS. NONE. PERIOD.

- NO KICKING TO MAKE ROOM FOR 'FRIENDS' OR CLANMATES

- NO LOCKING THE SERVER

- NO EDITING DAYZ/MISSION FILES

- IT'S YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO UPDATE YOUR SERVER TO THE LATEST VERSION OF DAYZ

-BATTLEYE MUST BE ENABLED

- Minimum slot count of 40 (30 for countries where bandwidth is expensive i.e. developing countries)

- Their are only two reasons why you, as a server owner, should ban a player on your server. Those two reasons are: Malicious talk, and racism. You may not ban a user for stealing your loot, killing you, spying on you, etc.

- You may only kick for disruptive behavior (such as continued VOIP over side channel). But you may not kick due to race or language or because the person does something you do not like.

- Kicking for extremely excessive ping or desync is permitted, but if abused is grounds for blacklisting

Failure to adhere to these rules will BAN YOUR SERVER'S IP from DayZ

This specific server passes all of the criteria listed above. It has nothing to do with twisting it in a favorable way. At this point though I really don't have the willpower to keep up with this thread constantly and I also don't feel obliged to defend the admin. If he wants to put in his input then that's cool but it's his problem now. Look forward to seeing how this pans out.

Edited by A Classy Emu

Don't patronize me Ravin, you look like a cunt.

Someone is getting upset. Understandable.

Read my post again. On Page 2 at the bottom. Dispute however you like, we are going in circles at this point. You or I do not know more than the Dev Team does. Regardless if you say "Well its not stated." can be boiled down to two things.

"Either it needs to be updated or not."

Clearly, the Dev team says "Its not allowed." As this thread wouldn't even BE here if it wasn't approved through moderation. All report server posts have to be approved. Like Bug reports.

Ravin you realize that we don't lock the server down for bandits right? The majority of us actually want to be on when the server is shut down and we are perfectly well equipped enough to take down a few bandits. There is certainly enough members to take protect the place 24/7. The reason the server is shut down is due to hackers and to prevent serious lag. If we have no admins on and in the middle of the night hackers came in, terrorized the server and made everyone including non-GMS members lose equipment or spawn as animals or something, everyone would be asking for anti-hacking measures. Unfortunately, there are very little ways to protect against hackers. We get hacker attempts regularly and the admins are on to shut the server down and find out the hacker's accounts. Everyone on the server would be fucked otherwise.

So yeah. We don't lock the server to protect our loot when we have people perfectly willing to protect it. You need to come up with proof that it's the only reason we lock the server down. This will probably last until the Dev team comes up with good anti-hacking measures. So I'm gonna send my own message to the Dev Team. Again, there's NO TOS rule that says the server has to be up 24/7 regardless of costs and consequences.

Clearly, you are not telling the truth because there are several dozens of posts throughout the thread talking about how it only comes up during specific times and your OWN mainpost says it only up a few days out of the time, then it even says "Yes, we shut it down when the last clan members sign out."

Please, if you are going to lie through your teeth-- Make sure you actually delete some of the posts in that thread your members are saying... It looks really, really bad.

Ravin you realize that we don't lock the server down for bandits right? The majority of us actually want to be on when the server is shut down and we are perfectly well equipped enough to take down a few bandits. There is certainly enough members to take protect the place 24/7. The reason the server is shut down is due to hackers and to prevent serious lag. If we have no admins on and in the middle of the night hackers came in, terrorized the server and made everyone including non-GMS members lose equipment or spawn as animals or something, everyone would be asking for anti-hacking measures. Unfortunately, there are very little ways to protect against hackers. We get hacker attempts regularly and the admins are on to shut the server down and find out the hacker's accounts. Everyone on the server would be fucked otherwise.

So yeah. We don't lock the server to protect our loot when we have people perfectly willing to protect it. You need to come up with proof that it's the only reason we lock the server down. This will probably last until the Dev team comes up with good anti-hacking measures. So I'm gonna send my own message to the Dev Team. Again, there's NO TOS rule that says the server has to be up 24/7 regardless of costs and consequences.

Just because you take your server down because of hackers is not a reason to take it down in the first place. Because of what you are doing other server admins will start taking the server down just because of hackers. the Tos is old and Ravin has gone and Ask a Dev of dayz and they have said it is not allow to have your server off line because no admin is around. This is why your server is been reported.

Just because you take your server down because of hackers is not a reason to take it down in the first place. Because of what you are doing other server admins will start taking the server down just because of hackers. the Tos is old and Ravin has gone and Ask a Dev of dayz and they have said it is not allow to have your server off line because no admin is around. This is why your server is been reported.

Wrong. You are completely changing the content of the message. Ravin said, "Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can't shut a server down to prevent people from looting your camp right?" He never said anything about the admin being off. Don't try to lie to me.

Wrong. You are completely changing the content of the message. Ravin said, "Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can't shut a server down to prevent people from looting your camp right?" He never said anything about the admin being off. Don't try to lie to me.

You shutting the server down IS preventing me from doing this, EVEN if you don't intend for it to happen. You might have one goal you claim to have, but other posts in your threads contradiction to your posts here, including several of your clan members posts.

You do not seem to grasp the concept of shutting a server down and only bringing it up at specific points is gamebreaking and giving players an unfair advantage.

Edited by U.B.C.S. Ravin

I have been reading your post about the server and The admin said they take the server down when there is no admin online to keep a eye on it to stop hackers.

Edited by Yoko

You shutting the server down IS preventing me from doing this, EVEN if you don't intend for it to happen. You might have one goal you claim to have, but other posts in your threads contradiction to your posts here, including several of your clan members posts.

You do not seem to grasp the concept of shutting a server down and only bringing it up at specific points is gamebreaking and giving players an unfair advantage.

Name who gets an advantage? GMS? Everyone who has stuff on our server benefits. We've had Hackers come in and just literally wipe everyone's equipment and teleport them all over the map? Do you think it's preferable to let them run rampant and deal with it? Seriously. You have no basis for your argument. If you want to raid our camp, raid our server when it's up then.

You going to the Dev Team and saying we shut down the server for something we don't do is lying.

Nothing in your response disputes the fact that you were wrong and that you're simply wasting time attempting to abuse people anonymously. I can do what I want with my formatting, who are you to demand things from me? Get over yourself, you're not special - not here, not anywhere.

This is the internet.

-MONSTER

I was actually giving you helpful advice, informing you about how much a fucking idiot you are using "PINK TEXT HERE FUCKING LOOK AT ME I AM FUCKING SIGNING MY POST LOOOOOOOOOK AT MEEEEEEEEEEE". You're almost as bad as an autistic person flailing X fandom about.

Did you not see the screen shot of the PM that was send from a dayz dev saying that taking the server offline to stop hackers or people raiding your camp when members are not online is not allow ?