drpastah

Snipers are OP?

There is no such thing as an 'OP' weapon in a military simulator as there is no such thing as an OP weapon in real life. Learn where snipers snipe from, avoid those area's. Simple

• Like 1

I somewhat agree, and it used to be worse when their secondary was op. Now it's a lot harder to die to the handguns so that helps.

i dont roll around with a sniper without having a assault rifle in my backpack.. pistols are for zombies now :P

Kids need to quit bitching. I've used 50 cals before, and "arm and legs" aren't a 1hit KO. (@ whoever said they were...) I think the system is just fine.. Making sniper rifles 2 hit K.O or any other significant change like that would be horribly unrealistic, imo.

in real life, 50 cal/ 12.7 rifles would tear a whole foot or hand off even if they missed by a few cm... its a reason why they are considered "inhumane" and there are rules to only use them against vehicles/ structures. (not that they will always be followed in a war situation) They are called anti-material rifles because of that. I¨ve shot one, and its literally like a fucking cannon. my 7.62x51 rifle i use to hunt big moose is pretty much a pea-shooter in comparison. and thats more than enough to down a 3-400kg animal in one shot

in real life, 50 cal/ 12.7 rifles would tear a whole foot or hand off even if they missed by a few cm... its a reason why they are considered "inhumane" and there are rules to only use them against vehicles/ structures. (not that they will always be followed in a war situation) They are called anti-material rifles because of that. I¨ve shot one, and its literally like a fucking cannon. my 7.62x51 rifle i use to hunt big moose is pretty much a pea-shooter in comparison. and thats more than enough to down a 3-400kg animal in one shot

I'm talking about IN GAME.. Hiting a leg or an arm = Not a 1 hit k.o. I don't need a whole lecture on how some of these guns work, because I'm pretty familiar.

Edited by rag123

I'm talking about IN GAME.. Hiting a leg or an arm = Not a 1 hit k.o. I don't need a whole lecture on how some of these guns work, because I'm pretty familiar.

yup. It should be a 1hit k.o though:-/

Snipers are easy, my trusty axe makes short work of them.

Sniping is too easy.

Needs to be turned into this

i'd love this. Sniping in DayZ is a piece of cake compared to reality or ACE.

I stopped sniping in dayZ as it is just no challenge. You can even guess distance with

an anti-materiel rifle as you can hit him everywhere.

After weeks of playing, I have yet to meet one sniper worthy of the name. I was led to beleive that Cherno and Electro were sniper hot spots, so I tended to avoid the place. Now I casually strut in and out for gear and laugh at the lame snipe attempts.

I'll only find sniper rifles a concern when players actually become good at using them.

Zig zag them snipers and you wont get hit. At least not by 90pct of the snipers

Well of course snipers are powerful. The balancing thing is the ammunition. Ammunition for the most powerful snipers are quite rare and you wont find them from every house you enter :)

Please never use the term OP in this game.

OP and UP make me sick to my stomach. The whole WoW frame of balance for understanding every game doesn't, won't and shouldn't work.

• Like 1

Have you tried fighting a sniper in real life? Yeah they are pretty OP, Snipers are what the military calls a "Force Multiplier" so yeah. This topic is pointless.

Nah ACE is too complicated for a zombie type game.What about to add in a set wind speed and direction.Say wind is always NW at 4 mph or some other set standard.This way expeirence will account for how much lead you need to give with wind dependent on range etc.Would make the longer shots a bit more complicated and set the really good snipers apart from the wannabes.

Well of course snipers are powerful. The balancing thing is the ammunition. Ammunition for the most powerful snipers are quite rare and you wont find them from every house you enter :)

brb disconnect reconnect full ammo again.

Really rare.

Have you tried fighting a sniper in real life? Yeah they are pretty OP, Snipers are what the military calls a "Force Multiplier" so yeah. This topic is pointless.

Have you tried sniping in real life? Its alot harder than in this game.

Edited by Sakeoe

use smoke grenades for cover. well it draws zombies to the smoke location but reduces your chances of being shot in the confusion. if you're being shot at night. if you know the general location of the sniper find a wall and launch road flares to their location. the throwing distance of the object can be launch quite high and often if it lands near the sniper they normally get up and start jetting.

Please never use the term OP in this game.

OP and UP make me sick to my stomach. The whole WoW frame of balance for understanding every game doesn't, won't and shouldn't work.

Overkill then.

They are rare in real life. Their ammo weighs a ton. And sniping/aiming is way too easy for a "Survivor". Even soldiers would have trouble hitting targets while standig, when casually do it in here.

Anyway: I'm counter snipoing with ma ACOG. It works well. Other weapons though have trouble hitting. Themost scary thing that can happen against a sniper is that you get desynch an stay in his sights.

An ACOG works. Counter-snipe with an L85A2. Way way way way way plentiful ammo (STANAG) and the thermal scope is better than any scope a snipe can use.

In this capacity you can spot for a sniper on your team, or for yourself, allowing you to make an approach or lay down enough fire that you can cover yourself to the next hidey hole.

In my opinion 50Cal. Snipers are OP, other than that I think they are pretty ok. Should just remove M107 and AS50 and it would be fine. I have played a lot with my AS50 and it's just so easy to kill people you don't even need to be good at shooting, doesn't matter if you just hit the arm or legs...

That because in real life if a 50. Cal bullet hit you it would rip you appart, http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5600920080174465066

• Like 1

In my opinion 50Cal. Snipers are OP, other than that I think they are pretty ok. Should just remove M107 and AS50 and it would be fine. I have played a lot with my AS50 and it's just so easy to kill people you don't even need to be good at shooting, doesn't matter if you just hit the arm or legs...

Take a .50BMG round to the arm or leg and tell me what happens. Oh, that's right. You lose that arm and leg, and without immediate(I mean within minutes possibly less) medical attention, you would die from tremendous blood loss as you would of severing several major arteries in the process of having a limb basically blasted off your torso.

I love the SVD it's a really good sniper rifle but also pretty rare so it's perfectly fine.

I just don't like the AS50 and M107, I've played a lot with them because they are just so easy to use but I feel like that is not the point of the game and seems pretty boring after a while. But I feel like removing the Rangefinder would also be a good idea, it would still be possible to guess the range if you know how to do it but would take way more skill. Of course the SVD would be the most badass rifle but I think that's fair as it is really rare. :D

I've seen more SVDs than I have rangefinders, so this is all subjective. Besides, all you need to do is turn on name-tags and everyone in the server now has a rangefinder. Yay for stupid features in a survival/mil-sim game!

Who needs nametags when you can just set a waypoint as a rangefinder.

Range finders are the most useless item in the game.