sygi@gmx.net

DayZ Standalone rlly?

Yes that's me mang, and I remember you sort of :).

lol sweet. ill add you on steam and we cant play sometime

Hi guys. Does somebody knows the release date of this standalone ?

Edited => Sorry, found somewhere that would be befor christmas...

Edited by ECHOBLAST

I would pay another $30 odd bucks for it, I really like this game/mod.

God damn foreigners and their flawed logic.

WTF? People who aren't from New Zealand?

I'd imagine in the $15 - to $30 range. Trust me, if you like the game enough, it'll be fine. Not to mention you could log onto some of these pay-to-whatever websites and make that much money in a month or less, easy. Also, if you have a family you can easily get the game from their money they send to you on your birthday or Christmas. I understand you most likely bought Arma 2 entirely to play DayZ, like myself, but people like money. We should really be concerned about big oil companies and what they are doing to our wallets.

WTF?

WTF?

What? He's worried about money so I tried to put things in perspective. Big oil and what it's doing to us isn't a conspiracy, it's people who like money and have made an investment. They are going to do whatever it takes to keep that investment fruitful, even if it means screwing over others. Man, my history teacher used to preach all that free market bullshit and was a Republican, YET! His entire salary was going to come from his military service & teacher's pensions. Anyway, what are you confused about?

What? He's worried about money so I tried to put things in perspective. Big oil and what it's doing to us isn't a conspiracy, it's people who like money and have made an investment. They are going to do whatever it takes to keep that investment fruitful, even if it means screwing over others. Man, my history teacher used to preach all that free market bullshit and was a Republican, YET! His entire salary was going to come from his military service & teacher's pensions. Anyway, what are you confused about?

In bold: This is true for every succesful company, and every buisnessman. You don't get rich without screwing people over. Sad but true.

Underlined: I don't really know what to make of this.

My WTF was because it seemed a bit out of context to talk about what should concern us. If someone can't afford a pc game, they probably don't need oil/ gasoline. And if we really should be concerned about something, money shoulden't be first on that list.

In bold: This is true for every succesful company, and every buisnessman. You don't get rich without screwing people over. Sad but true.

Underlined: I don't really know what to make of this.

My WTF was because it seemed a bit out of context to talk about what should concern us. If someone can't afford a pc game, they probably don't need oil/ gasoline. And if we really should be concerned about something, money shoulden't be first on that list.

It wasn't out of context as he was talking about monetary concerns. The underlined portion you would only understand as an American, so that could be your problem :) . Also, the issue isn't that he can't afford it, but doesn't want to buy it because he feels cheated. Hence, I mentioned a much larger concern when it comes to being cheated out of money.

This game consumed my life, i would gladly pay 30 or even 60 dollars for it, i dont even play other games anymore because this game is so awesome!

I would happily pay $100 for stand alone, I know for a fact that I have already gotten at least 100 bucks of enjoyment/frustration/anger/lulz from DayZ.

Besides Rocket is a Kiwi so fuck yeah.

As long as they keep updating the mod, and making it more playable, I won't have any problem giving them money for standalone. I know that it would be unrealistic to expect people to work on both free mod and a profitable standalone, but this mod has to get rid of some major bugs and glitches and I'll be fine with that personally. I don't expect it to be flawless (the mod). And yeah, lower price for a pre-order and a lower starting price, like Minecraft would be totally acceptable. The only thing that I would regret would be buying a standalone that has nothing more/has very little to offer us than this mod.

Wow.. I can't believe what I'm reading... We have a privilege of trying out this new mod that Rocket has been creating for FREE. And he is investing time into something for days on end that he is getting payed nothing for.. I expect that not a single one of you would do something this intense without a hope of getting any sort of money. Once the game becomes stand alone it will obviously have massive amounts of the glitches and hiccups ironed out and by then it will be truly ready to be called a game.. Ever since I was 8 years old I was buying video games for over 50 dollars!! (Even back on super nintendo) This game will be worth every penny when he puts it on sale.. and us as the alpha testing community owe it to Rocket to pay money for this game!! Shame. On. YOU!

• Like 1

Well if he doesn't have the funding to make a standalone. Im sure if he did a donations box for a standalone with a set goal im SURE that it would reach it. If he gave people things for donations like if you donate 25 dollars you get a Can of beans from rocket. You donate 50 dollars you get a DayZ shirt and a can of beans from rocket. And if you donate 100 dollars you get a can of beans, a shirt, and a free Standalone DayZ when it comes out or something like that. Even doing something like that would inspire people to give funding for it. But even doing just a simple donations would give him a lot of funding.

Rocket and his team didnt see a penny of that money spent on Arma, so considering the time and effort theyre putting into the project i wouldnt mind buying a "finished" standalone product, as long as it wasnt extortionately priced.

So very true my friend

If there is both an Arma 3 DayZ and DayZ standalone, I will gladly buy the standalone and say screw Arma 3 if BI doesn't give a shit about scripters ruining the mods they so proudly tout and I remember playing Arma 2 a while back and having major issues with scripters/hackers (people seem to think they are a new thing which is totally bullshit) and they still haven't done fuck all to at lest make it harder for scripters/hackers I really don't think that's going to change. I lost faith in bohemian interactive a while ago though the warning signs were there seeing that they use battleye so my fault. Now if DayZ standalone has some kind of anticheat/script in it believe me I would pay out my ass for the game and merchandise.

Edited by Kex

So when it becomes standalone, I'll be forced to buy the game? Stupid.

The transition is too fast and he should at least inform everyone about it many months before

No, you can still play the Mod that is DayZ. If it's a hard concept for you to grasp, think of the stand alone as DayZ 2.

What do you get for 15 dollar?

You got DayZ for free, just you were dumb enough to think you were spending money on it. You bought ARMA and that was your choice. I would be more than glad to buy another copy of DayZ, or maybe even two. I've spent almost 200 hours on it so far, according to Steam, and I think that's a fantastic amount of entertainment for 30 bucks.

So when it becomes standalone, I'll be forced to buy the game? Stupid.

The transition is too fast and he should at least inform everyone about it many months before

How is it too fast? Have you heard a release date? Is it next month? Last I heard, it was around Christmas. Which is 4 months. Go get a paper route, you can afford a $30-40 game then.
  • Like 1

Well, I already paid for this game that is the equivalent of a microwavable gas station burrito, i'll be damned if I pay for a "stand alone" version operating on the same miserable engine and interfaces with the same horrible game breaking problems by one developer that seems to be thumbing around with more interviews than actually improving this HIV ridden piece of shit.

Well, I already paid for this game that is the equivalent of a microwavable gas station burrito, i'll be damned if I pay for a "stand alone" version operating on the same miserable engine and interfaces with the same horrible game breaking problems by one developer that seems to be thumbing around with more interviews than actually improving this HIV ridden piece of shit.

K

You don't seem to grasp the concept of "Standalone".

• Like 1

I see you've continued to show your intelligence on the forums.

• Like 1

I see you've continued to show your intelligence on the forums.

I see you've continued to be a spiteful, overweight bro that is in dire need of an exit from life.

You don't seem to grasp the concept of "Standalone".

FRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT