Sign in to follow this  
metal (DayZ)

Increase visibility range and reduce fog

What subject says.

It should look like this most of the time:

post-31773-0-85297900-1343497089_thumb.j

not like this:

post-31773-0-97738800-1343497108_thumb.j

Last time I checked it was called DayZ, not Silent Hill.

• Like 1

Could it be that its just foggy? Someone was telling me it could be part of the weather effects.

Its the whether... I was on a server earlier today and could only see up to 230m in my scope, 1-2hours later i could see up to 800m

Its the whether... I was on a server earlier today and could only see up to 230m in my scope, 1-2hours later i could see up to 800m

You see, 800m is not enough for me, I want at least twice of that.

You see, 800m is not enough for me, I want at least twice of that.

It was only around 7am when i logged off, i'm sure you just need to wait or find another server

• Like 1

I am sure anyone who spent some time behind sniper rifle scope can understand what I am talking about. Others will say "just the weather".

I don't want to be sniped from 2km away. It's bullshit.

guess noone of you ever played the real arma with a viewing distance of 10000 ? right ?

its there for a reason ... so if you fly a jet you actually can see something ... in dayz i feel more like the max is around 3000 .... so yea... it is weather dependent but stll .... 90% of the time its just foggy as fuck ...

The viewing distance is low on Dayz so that people with low performance PCs can still play and thus high end PCs don't get an unfair advantage.

I do agree though, the viewing distance is very unralistic in Dayz

Last time I checked it was called DayZ, not Silent Hill.

Hahaha had a good laugh :')

But in all seriousness, the fog could be one of two things.

1-Weather

2-Nerfing snipers.

Im not keen on the fog either. While most of you say its a weather effect, then the liklihood of it being foggy has been upped by about 1000%.

In the last week, every server I have joined has had visibility similar to the second screenshot from the original poster.

It's harder to get your bearings, but it also kills the atmosphere....

Instead of sprawling countryside, it feels like 225km of claustrophobic sameness.

Less fog, more win.

I do understand the fact that they use the fog to nerf the snipers, but come on, 80% of the servers I visit are always foggy and you can barely see 500m. It seems like even on clear weather you can only see around max 1km which kinda sucks.

I have to say the first screenshot in OP's post makes me feel a lot better travelling north even though I might get shot by snipers.

The fog is absolutely ridiculous, I've recently gotten 'good' at the game. You know, being able to find good stuff and navigate around the map in no time.

So I finally decide to use a sniper and I have this fog in my face the whole time. Every server, every time of the day.

I get the idea that they want to make it 'balanced' but guess what, it's meant to be a realistic game. There isn't that much fog 24/7 and snipers should be able to snipe from 1km+ if they please.

This game shouldn't be balanced, real snipers can be 1km+ and they can kill you one shot. It makes no sense, I don't care if someone is new to the game. They should know what they're getting into before buying the game.

You guys should be happy that you can actually see up to 1000m and actually be able to hit a moving player if you are that good. Not too long ago you couldn't even shoot a target beyond 400m because the netcode was so bad the players warped every second. I doubt most players claiming to be a sniper could hit a moving target at 400m anyway. Been "sniped" at assault rifle distance with a buddy once while standing still, got shot at while crouching and moving slow from less than 400m, the sniper must have been pretty bad because i was walking 20m straight...got shot at while walking/running...i stopped counting after 10 shots, he started shooting from less than 400m while i increased the distance.

• Like 1

We'll be happy when snipers aren't nerfed because others can't handle it.

Snipers shouldn't be punished because they are good shots.

If someone goes onto the Silo on Cherno. They deserve to be killed.

If someone goes into open space near anything important. They deserve to be killed.

These players just need to learn from their mistakes instead of punishing the people with snipers because of their own stupidity.