Cvm

Best Secondary Weapon?

I was using the .45 or the 1911, but with the last patch from Arrma, that is no longer the case. The only other pistol I have used is the Malkorav pistol, and it is weak.

The question is: What is the best secondary weapon to use?

m9 sd for the sound and magsize, or the g17 for the flashlight and the mag size. Makarov is the third choise. Aim for headshots only.

Probably G17, precise and large mag.

imo, the pdw or glock, just cause bigger ammo clips. rev/1911 are still decent ONLY because infinite ammo bug. I really wish would could put our axe in 2ndary. I'd rather just be able to switch to that

And it really pisses me off when ppl just spout out "just get headshots"

are you playing the same fucking game I am? cause you can only get headshots in buildings or on non-aggro'd zeds. I've never seen anyone consistently get headshots on aggro'd zeds. It's always center body shots

I like PDW with SD mags.

It still kills with a headshot and doesn't aggro the whole block.

are you playing the same fucking game I am? cause you can only get headshots in buildings or on non-aggro'd zeds. I've never seen anyone consistently get headshots on aggro'd zeds. It's always center body shots

I try to keep circumstances such that when they run at me, I run to somewhere that I can get that headshot. Usually buildings and low slung pine trees. I figure if theyre going to run unrealistically, I can take advantage and kill them however I need to.

Run into buildings and take them out with headshots, run into forests and shake em off, or just wait til they stop to hit you and fire at their head. Its really simple actually.

M4 SD.

For an actual side arm though the revolver, it's accurate.

If you're a scrub though then PDW.

G17 = lol it does less damage than a makarov.

I have yet to find a G17, or the M9. What is the PDW?

Checked out all the pistols on a shooting range map/mod. Revolver and G17 are the only guns that can hit a target at 100m consistently. M9 accuraccy and range is just horrible, same with 1911.

Edited by testsubject81

M4 SD.

For an actual side arm though the revolver, it's accurate.

If you're a scrub though then PDW.

G17 = lol it does less damage than a makarov.

Same bullet, same damage. Check this page out.

http://dayzdb.com/ne...es-in-arma2-162

G17 and Makarov do the same damage 889

However the G17 can hit targets at 100m.

Edited by testsubject81

M9 SD for me. I don't want anybody to know I'm there until they get the 'You are dead' screen.

I use the M9SD now for some time now. If you get used to that gun it does the job, best of it, it is silenced. With 1.7.2.4 that is good to have.

The G17? Damn if i could throw the parts of it i could maybe kill a zed maybe, flashlight? Is like a sign that says "Shoot me".

PDW is fine, eats lots of different mags, but not my weapon of choice.

I would go for the M9 SD if you can get your hands on one with 4-5 mags.

I have no problems with it, but i also know some guys having a bad time adjusting from the 1911 for example to that gun, needs a bit of time to get used to it.

pdw as u can convert tons of ammo for it.

it also exploits common feature that zombie dont hear sd ammo, whatever gun fires it, so u can use common mp5 sd mags for covert operations and close range combat while having solid heavy weapon(m14 for example) as main, so u dont need to have smth like Bizon in your backack for clearing zombies and skirmishes

Edited by mezmery

I must just have bad luck, as I have never even seen any of those other guns mentioned. I have only seen the Malkorav, .45, and 1911. Maybe I need to expand my area of looting???

i use PDW

uses pdw,g17,m9,m9sd,mp5,mp5sd ammo

can be semi for headshots or auto for players or lots of zombies

:)

I like the PDW and G17.

The PDW can be hard to get, but deer stands and so on will give a lot of ammo for it. It can be used as semi-automatic like any other handgun, and i find it best in this state. Full automatic is just too hard to handle with ironsight when target gets like 30-40 meters away. If you are playing on a server with crosshair then it's a beast at fully automatic.

The G17 is the on i prefer. It's extremely easy to fire 17 rounds without missing a whole lot of them. The iron sight is also extremely effective at ranges up to 75 meters. From that point on the iron sight does get clumsy, but i wouldn't try to fire it at a target that far away either.

I don't like the M9, because it tends to jump a bit up to the right. This is very hard to make up for seeing as it sometimes doesn't move at all, and sometimes goes completely off the target. Same counts for M9SD, but it's also just very hard to keep a lot of ammo for.

Any other guns can work just as well as any other when you manage to get headshots all the time. I just found the G17 to be easier to get headshots with.

There is ofcourse the question about what the occourance of ammo does for a weapon. I found the G17 to be sorta easy to find ammo for. The makarov, revolver and m1911 are easy to find ammo for, making them good at the start of a players life.

Edited by Tenderness

I have never found a silenced M9, but I would probably use it if I did. I generally use the G-17 because it is absolutely awesome at head shots, has tons of bullets and takes the M9 clip, too.

The PDW is also very good, and is much more accurate than the Makarov or the 1911. I used to like the 1911, but once I used the G-17, I realized how much the 1911 sucks. It is really hard to aim at anything farther than 50m.