mordrag

What has happened to this community?

Me and my crew will KILL on sight. Even if you say you're friendly and only have a flashlight. You are dead. No hesitation.

Does this make me an asshole? No, it does not.

Want to know why? Because it's a game.

Real life is a totally different subject.

You must be straight outta Compton

• Like 4

Racism in these forums? I'm appalled.

Didn't know saying, "Me and my CREW" was "gangster."

Stereotype much? If you look in the dictionary, these words are in the English vocabulary.

sad that they shoot you so close so you know they killed you me i would kill you wwith my M107 so you dont have to know who killed you. im just nice like that

Get used to it. Realism.

Hello there

Without being flamey, Zombies are not *that* realistic, to name but one thing.

To OP, things have become very, very PVP based.

Most folk find it best to team up with known buddies and if you dont know them you keep your head down. The chummyness of the early days (excuse pun) seems to have evaporated.

Rgds

LoK

I took a break from DayZ for about a month or so now and I returned, before when I ran into other survivors I can usually make a friend and we would travel together. Now that I have come back? the last 6 (yes 6) times I've ran into another survivor I always say "hello!" or "hey dont shoot friendly" and every one of these 6 jerks have said "im friendly too dont shoot" needless to say they kill me. It's getting pretty annoying and it's really making me want to just kill everyone I meet. What's happened to this community? has everyone just turned into assholes or what?

You may rarely find one survivor that wont shoot you, more than likely because they're new, for the most part though its shoot on sight for anyone. I would suggest trying your luck at finding a group on the forums here to run with. In game bonding and uniting is about as common as Bigfoot now days

Trust no one, the only way you'll ever make friends, is to approach them with no weapon, and pray they aren't assholes, atleast, that's how I've had to do it for the past month, only worked 2 times outta 90.

I highly recommend getting a friend or two, or four. Weapons have been severely nerfed, giving players with military gear and hackers extreme boosts and buffs. Almost all low tier weaponry has had their effectiveness cut in half, even the Lee Enfield, our last line of defense against hackers and snipers is now battered and injured. Players, hackers, and duppers have been stockpiling wire and are blocking off high yield loot buildings so noobs don't have access to them. CHERNO AND ELECTRO ARE NO LONGER SAFE, THEY'RE ALMOST NOT EVEN WORTH GOING TO. Bandit clans have been organizing groups to take over the large yield towns and kill anyone they find.

We must gather our strength as one, for too long have we fought amongst each other, among our own brothers and sisters of Chenarus! It is time we band together! And take back what is ours. our cities! Our land! Our country! Our lives! To join and find strength and safety within each other! We must leave the darkness of the woods that we have stolen ourselves to, reveling in the darkness and the relative safety it once brought. But those days are gone, lost to the wind and the sands o time. It's time for us to band together! My brothers! My sisters! We will cast off the bandit oppressors, the infected menace that hold their claws to our throats. We will retake the cities! We will rebuild society! Power and electricity will once again be restored! And by the strength of the brothers and sisters of Chenarus... We will survive. We will prosper. WE. WILL. WIN!

Edited by CarloNord
  • Like 3

I was caught sneaking out of a city earlier. Two players were running towards the city, and when im about 100m to their left (we were probably 50m from town) one of them noticed me crawling through the grass. He took out binocs, and then i knew it was time to run. The other pulled out a .50 and shot once at me. Luckily my evasive maneuvers managed to save me, so i just ran for the woods as fast as possible. That's pretty much how people play the game now.

Yes the quality of the community may have declined slightly, but don't let all the posts I'm sure you will see on the forums saying "He shot me! I offered him some food and then he picked up a gun and shot me! I'm going to shoot on sight from now on" All the people that do that, really need to chill out. I'm not saying the community is perfect, but it's still good.

A golden rule I have whenever I encounter someone in Day Z, is always have the advantage over them, whether that be a heavily armed player at NWAF or someone that just spawned on the coast. I've seen a lot of posts of people complaining that people they just met that had nothing, killed them the moment they find a gun. I have to ask myself why wouldn't you be constantly aware of what this person is doing, I follow that golden rule and I've never been killed by someone I've met before.

What I say...

"What we have here, is a Mexican stand-off..."

"The way it will end is me face fucking your dead body on youtube for all to see"

"Sorry, breh!"

"Not really!"

What you say...

"Please, Please... I have to get back to my wife and kid... they need beanz"

"No, No... I'm friendly... awe, you fucking asshole!"

"WTF did you get out of that?!?"

"Enjoy the flashlight, asshole!"

*QQ*

I feel your pain bro, soon after the mod was released I started playing the game. I spawned near cherno (IIRC) and got some supplies and headed to the construction site. (at this point I didn't know I was in cherno as I hadn't familiarized myself with the map.) Nothing in the Construction site except some useless windscreen glass. I went up the crane next to the site and upon reaching the top, used the sit down button and went to make myself some food. I came back 15 minutes later. still breathing. In cherno. (40 man max server, about 25-30 players on)

Then I noticed a guy in the construction site below, I contacted him through Side chat and said that I was a friendly in the Crane. He asked me if I had a blood bag which I did. We came to the agreement that we would meet at the bottom of the ladder and I would lower my weapon upon reaching the bottom. I did so and then proceeded to give him a blood transfusion. He then asked if I knew of any spare guns nearby. I said no, but asked how much makarov mags he had.

3, He replied. So I gave up my Winchester and took his 3 mags. We then decided to team up and raid some barns and such for 3 or so hours and when we agreed to come to stopping point we added each other on steam. This became my first social experience in Day Z and it felt good. Now what would happen if I tried the same thing today? I'd be dead by the time I reached the top of the crane if I was lucky enough to make it that far.

I feel your pain bro, soon after the mod was released I started playing the game. I spawned near cherno (IIRC) and got some supplies and headed to the construction site. (at this point I didn't know I was in cherno as I hadn't familiarized myself with the map.) Nothing in the Construction site except some useless windscreen glass. I went up the crane next to the site and upon reaching the top, used the sit down button and went to make myself some food. I came back 15 minutes later. still breathing. In cherno. (40 man max server, about 25-30 players on)

Then I noticed a guy in the construction site below, I contacted him through Side chat and said that I was a friendly in the Crane. He asked me if I had a blood bag which I did. We came to the agreement that we would meet at the bottom of the ladder and I would lower my weapon upon reaching the bottom. I did so and then proceeded to give him a blood transfusion. He then asked if I knew of any spare guns nearby. I said no, but asked how much makarov mags he had.

3, He replied. So I gave up my Winchester and took his 3 mags. We then decided to team up and raid some barns and such for 3 or so hours and when we agreed to come to stopping point we added each other on steam. This became my first social experience in Day Z and it felt good. Now what would happen if I tried the same thing today? I'd be dead by the time I reached the top of the crane if I was lucky enough to make it that far.

You know what I think? The game was difficult, and people were new and weren't all streaming in from the Yogscast and such (Mind you I watch them too). People needed to trust each other to learn the game, now, there's loot guides, tutorials, and even hacks. Nobody needs to eam up anymore, that's why I always push to make the game brutal, to give incentive to groups.

I remember my first social experiences, three people. The first two were on my first day, I was sprinting through electro because sneaking wasn't working, and I turned the corner. I saw two guys crawling around saying "careful". As soon as I saw them I told them to run, and they bolted, one I followed because he carried a weapon, the other left. in the end, I ended up giving him a broken leg and I lost half my health to some ass in the firehouse. The third guy was a noob spawning on the beach, I tried to share some supplies but had nothing to spare, so instead I told him of the shotgun and pistol I passed earlier, and he ran off, thanking me, just after we wished eachother luck. There's only been one other time when I found friendlies, it was yesterday, in the electro church, two guys holed up and they both helped me out, wished eachother luck and I was off to the market. Only to get killed by a camper with an AK, whom which I couldn't kill due to the damage nerf. I shot him 3 times in the chest with a double-barreled shotgun, and got him hit by a zombie a few times, did nothing but bleed. No bones broken or anything. and it took him two clips to kill me (he missed like 75% of his shots).

You know what I think? The game was difficult, and people were new and weren't all streaming in from the Yogscast and such (Mind you I watch them too). People needed to trust each other to learn the game, now, there's loot guides, tutorials, and even hacks. Nobody needs to eam up anymore, that's why I always push to make the game brutal, to give incentive to groups.

-snip-

I agree. It happens to alot of games, in dayz the fun factor of finding loot and teaming up is kinda lost after everyone and their grandmother knows where everything spawns. Games are so much more fun and enjoyable when you're completely new to the experience. The game has gotten too easy. Like you said, it needs to be more brutal and In my opinion more random in terms of loot spawns as such.

In my ideal Day Z every server would be different from each other. One server may have a huge military base in cherno, with most of the roads leading in/out of the city being barricaded. Whilst the next server you join, cherno might be almost void of zombies and might have next to zero loot due to a hypothetical mass evacuation pre-zombie invasion. It would also help cut down on the amount of camping locations.

Guy 1 camps stary for a living on server #1. Server #1 is down so he goes to server #2 to find that starys military camp doesn't exist on that server. He wants to know where the military camp is and runs into a group of two players who are well geared weapon wise, but in need of food. He asks them where the camp is and they agree to part the information at the cost of 4 cans of food/meat. The two parties part ways and have what they needed...or did they...maybe those two guys lied about the location and actually gave up the location of a town with a high zombie spawnrate.

Exploration is one of the main features of Day Z and is key to survival, But now there is little real "exploration" and more traveling to known loot spawns. There's no fun in knowing where everything might potentially spawn. Exploration also helps build social interactions, I was once inside the stary super-market when I saw another player, he saw me and ran into the back and I ran outside again, we both said friendly and met each other in the front of the store.

I asked him. "Do you know where the military camp is in this town?" (It was raining heavily and it was night time, even back when gamma worked alot better visibility was extremely poor)

To my surprise he replies "Yeah, I can show you if you want." I say "Sure, I would appreciate it."

We're about 50 meters from the tents and I ask him "Wanna help me loot these?"

He replies "No thanks man, I gotta split, but thanks for the offer."

I then reply back "Well thanks for the tour ;), good luck"

• Like 1

OP, I'm surprised you've even got people to reply to you with any words at all. For the past several weeks, every reaction between players I've seen has been the same (not counting players who are already in a crew/squad/whatever).

2 unarmed players- Run from each other.

1 armed, 1 unarmed- Unarmed guy runs, armed guy shoots on sight.

2 armed guys- Gunfight.

No words. No warnings. No "Friendly!". No "Give me your beans and I'll let you live". Everyone just kills on sight, or hides if they can't kill you.

Get used to it. Realism.

I lol'd. Realism? So when (not if) the apocalypse hits, everyone will go around shooting every human they see instead of trying to survive together?

Yup, realism -.-

OP, I'm surprised you've even got people to reply to you with any words at all. For the past several weeks, every reaction between players I've seen has been the same (not counting players who are already in a crew/squad/whatever).

2 unarmed players- Run from each other.

1 armed, 1 unarmed- Unarmed guy runs, armed guy shoots on sight.

2 armed guys- Gunfight.

No words. No warnings. No "Friendly!". No "Give me your beans and I'll let you live". Everyone just kills on sight, or hides if they can't kill you.

I don't even enter the game without at least 2 more friends, but preferably 6 of us. Then we just watch the world burn. (AS50 + NATO rounds is just ridiculous in my opinion, i just looted one from 2 unlucky guys we happened to come across and OH MY GOD that thing fires ballistic missiles, boom goes the vehicle)

Shooting on sights kinda boring, I tend to talk to players, maybe make friends with them first before shooting them in the back of the head.

I also like to drive around the coast and telling noobs to get in and then shooting them . LAWL. This game is too fun.

I think I'm like 2 bandit kills and 42 murders atm

Oh and i would like to take this opportunity to say i felt terrible for ending those 2 guys, they both counted up as murders so they weren't bandits which made me feel kinda bad, they had the best gear in game without being bandits ...

DayZ went from a survival mod to a murder mod.

Probably a combination of a few things. Removal of the bandit skin, removal of side chat and people learning from live streams to pwn deathmatch. I used to get a kick out of helping new players, passing it forward, now I just avoid everyone. I'm primarily a coop player, the ArmA community has a few of those, but that doesn't mean I'm completely clueless about how to kill people effectively. DayZ used to be more than PvP, but with the removal of the bandit skin, everyone I meet is kill on sight.

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 2

I'm not too angry or frustrated with people who shoot on sight/ or those who make a life out of hunting other plays. BUT what does frustrate me is people who pretend to be friendly and then backstab.... seriously, like.... what kind of fucked up person?

• Like 2

- clear identification for honest survivors and bandits (skins or maybe hats)

- stronger zeds (or new zeds) which should be near impossible to kill alone (should force you to team up)

- disable murder count, leave bandit kill count as long as you are no bandit

- more random loot locations

- if possible even randomize some buildings and zombie spawnrates like LostMem0ry said above

- make all sniper rifles at least 2-shot without breaking legs on the first shot, 1-shot kills should only be possible via clean headshot. even if it's not realistic, get over it.

what is realistic about every major city being camped by at least one (if not more) sniper with some fucking military grade rifle plus ghillie suit, who shoots unarmed people on sight like a conscience-free psycho-killer, just for shits and gigs (and his murder count) while he is ignoring the fucking zombie apocalypse happening right next to him - you know, the end of civilization, the last stand of mankind, where we should stick together to find a cure, or maybe just to survive the day. instead of going on a serial-killing spree we should hold high the things that make us human, like morals, or else we are nothing but zombies ourselves.

currently the game is just preventing people from playing in a more friendly manner. and I'm not saying PvP should be disabled, far from it, but with some small tweaks like those I suggested above the game could slowly evolve in the right direction, where maybe not 99% of the remaining human population on earth are mass murderers who kill everything that lives on sight just for the fun of destroying something that someone else really valued (life).

• Like 1