sickboy

Six Launcher - Easy Install/Update, Find/Join DayZ servers, worldwide network

six launcher is cool, but everytime i choose a server, i get stuck on a black screen that says "Loading". how do i fix this? i really want to play

six launcher is cool, but everytime i choose a server, i get stuck on a black screen that says "Loading". how do i fix this? i really want to play

Hi,

Are you referring at Play withSIX, or really SIX Launcher? The latter is replaced by Play withSIX: http://play.withsix.com

can you reproduce it with that too? If still issues, please let us know with details like log files over at: http://getsatisfaction.withsix.com/

Info on the log files is available at: http://getsatisfaction.withsix.com/withsix/topics/where_can_i_find_the_log_files

In any case, DayZ load/login issues are widely known I believe; it can depend on server, load, etc.

Sometimes it can take a long time to join.

Edited by Sickboy

when i try to install playwithsix it always tells me i need to install framework 4.0 or something and when i try and do it it always fails to install

help please

when i try to install playwithsix it always tells me i need to install framework 4.0 or something and when i try and do it it always fails to install

help please

Hi, for support questions, ideas and feedback please refer to our GetSatisfaction page.

This issue specifically appears reported over at; http://getsatisfaction.withsix.com/withsix/topics/problem_running_play_with_six

I am retracting the below statement:

Been using Play WithSix for a week or so now and I have to say it is terrible!

My server constanbtly disappears from the list and I am left to manually enter the server details into ARMA II directly. My mate, sitting next to me, is also using PWS but his PWS is reporting a different amount of servers and players regardless of the fact we have the same filters applied.

No ability to add a custom server and save it, you have to add a custom server each time PWS is started.

I'll be using DZCommander until PWS is fit for consumer use.

Cheers.

Edit:

Actually, PWS is good for something... Installing the DayZ mod. If you are having difficulties installing the DayZ Mod then use PWS for this action, but that is all it is good for atm.

Edited by Caffeind

Edit:

Actually, PWS is good for something... Installing the DayZ mod. If you are having difficulties installing the DayZ Mod then use PWS for this action, but that is all it is good for atm.

I just downloaded DayZ for the first time and even though I've read through the forums, I'm completely green to this. From what I gather, I know this won't go 100% fluid. I hope you're right! lol

Hi all,

I'd just like to retract my earlier statement regarding Play WithSIX. In all honesty I had not given it a fair go or the consideration that this is a preview release.

Since my previous statement I have come to love PWS and the possibilities the future holds with it. I'm impressed by the active development of the program and website and, just like DayZ, this is only going to get better with time.

So in conclusion I would like to thank the team at PWS especially Sickboy for taking the time to personally address my concerns.

Cheers,

Dave.

Six Launcher is completely toast, for me at least. I've done all I can, I've searched everywhere, etc. yet there's no support at all.

Six Launcher will try to update itself, and fail. I've not see any outgoing connections, or any attempts to try to save itself (I.e: with a message box), it'll just exit immediately. I've tried running it as admin, I've re-installed 100 times, yet it'll spam me (And even go as far as to forcibly ALT+TAB out of DayZ (This is an unthinkable act) to reinstall a broken/non-existant version). Google hasn't helped, Their FAQ/Troubleshooting hasn't fixed, it's completely fucked.

I've switch to DayZ Commander which is terrible, half the server's that are listed I can't join when I know I can, etc.

After not having played DayZ and watching videos today, I decided to finally play DayZ again... and of course there were updates that Six Launcher wanted to install. After the install, my game fails to load properly and I can't play the game at all. Ugh.

Can someone please help me? I figured that this was some configuration file mess up in terms of settings, so I deleted the config.yml file in Documents hoping that the default basics would at least allow the game to load more than just flat pastel colors.

ltE7Nl.jpg

Edited by Rori

Almost every time I open Six Launcher no servers load and neither does the DayZ mod. It always says "No mod selected" and if I try and select a mod nothing appears. After several minutes of waiting I get an error. I have reinstalled Six Launcher and DayZ several times and this glitch won't stop happening. Sometimes it loads up fine first go and I have no further issues with it until my computer is either turned off or reset. If I try and join a server through the game directly I get a "Bad Version" error.

Does anyone know anything about this? Any help would be much appreciated.

post-120204-0-38458200-1351230854_thumb.

Is anybody know how to make the Outpost settings for normal use of DayZ (and Six' as well)?

Six, no matter how hard you try, DayZ Commander will always be one step ahead. Once you go Commander you never go back. :)

are we gonna see support for Panthera?

Support was added a while ago, including a lot more dayz variants.

Six Launcher is completely toast, for me at least. I've done all I can, I've searched everywhere, etc. yet there's no support at all.

Six Launcher will try to update itself, and fail. I've not see any outgoing connections, or any attempts to try to save itself (I.e: with a message box), it'll just exit immediately. I've tried running it as admin, I've re-installed 100 times, yet it'll spam me (And even go as far as to forcibly ALT+TAB out of DayZ (This is an unthinkable act) to reinstall a broken/non-existant version). Google hasn't helped, Their FAQ/Troubleshooting hasn't fixed, it's completely fucked.

I've switch to DayZ Commander which is terrible, half the server's that are listed I can't join when I know I can, etc.

Upon uninstallation try to also delete any shortcuts, and the installation folder manually.

We have had some issues with our Installer. A new one is being developed and should hopefully be available coming weeks.

In case you keep experiencing issues, our support is open 24/7 and we welcome your reports and feedback, and usually respond very quickly; http://play.withsix.com/support

After not having played DayZ and watching videos today, I decided to finally play DayZ again... and of course there were updates that Six Launcher wanted to install. After the install, my game fails to load properly and I can't play the game at all. Ugh.

Can someone please help me? I figured that this was some configuration file mess up in terms of settings, so I deleted the config.yml file in Documents hoping that the default basics would at least allow the game to load more than just flat pastel colors.

ltE7Nl.jpg

Sorry to read about your issues.

In case you keep experiencing issues, our support is open 24/7 and we welcome your reports and feedback, and usually respond very quickly; http://play.withsix.com/support

Almost every time I open Six Launcher no servers load and neither does the DayZ mod. It always says "No mod selected" and if I try and select a mod nothing appears. After several minutes of waiting I get an error. I have reinstalled Six Launcher and DayZ several times and this glitch won't stop happening. Sometimes it loads up fine first go and I have no further issues with it until my computer is either turned off or reset. If I try and join a server through the game directly I get a "Bad Version" error.

Does anyone know anything about this? Any help would be much appreciated.

Sorry for your issues. Is the software fully up2date? We've had some API outages, which have been resolved while stability is improved as well. For the next build there will be a sync-cache which will make the whole thing more reliable and performant.

Six, no matter how hard you try, DayZ Commander will always be one step ahead. Once you go Commander you never go back. :)

It's a free world, but I would claim a lot of our features are still yet unmatched! ;-) Also looking at the broader spectrum of ARMA mods, not just DayZ.

It is somewhat frustrating that it appears people seem to think we do not have a Support section, or do not respond.

We've always had a support section, for SIX Updater and Launcher (http://www.six-updater.net/p/support.html), which got replaced by GetSatisfaction for Play withSIX (http://play.withsix.com/support and http://getsatisfaction.withsix.com).

It's open 24/7 and we respond usually very quickly, either with a workaround, solution or fixed build.

Each support section has always been linked within our websites, applications and also external news posts and discussion threads like this one, so it's a little hard to grasp how people came to think otherwise.

We welcome your feedback and reports!

Edited by Sickboy
  • Like 2

Im having a BIG problem I bought combined operations last night downloaded everything then ran them each once, but play with six isnt recognizing it, what do I do? post-124021-0-76014200-1352115196_thumb.

Ask in the six Topic would be a step in the right direction.

I'll move you there...

Im having a BIG problem I bought combined operations last night downloaded everything then ran them each once, but play with six isnt recognizing it, what do I do? post-124021-0-76014200-1352115196_thumb.

Heya, you can configure the Paths to each game in the Game browser settings section. Click the ARMA2 logo to get there.

Some basic usage info is listed at our guide at http://play.withsix.com/thankyou

In the next build, accessibility of these has much improved.

Support was added a while ago, including a lot more dayz variants.

yeah, that question was asked a while ago <_<

btw, is there a way to install other mods (that aren't on the list) with Play With Six? basically all the mods listed in the Six Updater?

yeah, that question was asked a while ago <_<
Sure just wanted to inform :)
btw, is there a way to install other mods (that aren't on the list) with Play With Six? basically all the mods listed in the Six Updater?
PwS automatically loads any of the 350+ mods on our network, depending on Server requirements and the "Include server mods" option.

ACRE is also fully supported incl TS3 plugins.

Full support for custom modsets, and much more is planned for upcoming weeks.

http://getsatisfaction.withsix.com/withsix/topics/six_updater_mod_list_and_functions_available_in_withsix

Edited by Sickboy

PwS automatically loads any of the 350+ mods on our network, depending on Server requirements and the "Include server mods" option.

ACRE is also fully supported incl TS3 plugins.

Full support for custom modsets, and much more is planned for upcoming weeks.

http://getsatisfacti...able_in_withsix

specifically I was trying to get the single player Namalsk Crisis campaign. since it's single player, there's no server to connect to. I was finally able to get it through Six Updater, but I was wondering if there was a way to do it with Play With Six

specifically I was trying to get the single player Namalsk Crisis campaign. since it's single player, there's no server to connect to. I was finally able to get it through Six Updater, but I was wondering if there was a way to do it with Play With Six

I see, that will be possible in the next few weeks.
  • Like 1