sickboy

Six Launcher - Easy Install/Update, Find/Join DayZ servers, worldwide network

every time i open six launcher my internet drops and only way i can get it to reconnect back is by turning it on and off. its working fine for my 2 friends

every time i open six launcher my internet drops and only way i can get it to reconnect back is by turning it on and off. its working fine for my 2 friends

Hey Paul,

can you please tell us what security suite you are running? Any real time checks? Any Firewall, etc?

Have you excluded SIX Launcher from the list? Is your software blocking anything? We have heard this issue several times now without beeing able to reproduce it. If we get more information on this issue and can hunt it down, we can possibly do sth against that. :)

Thank you very much in advance.

Does this detect where the game is? I have it on steam so i was wondering if i would have to set its route to open up the game, and the mod.

Does this detect where the game is? I have it on steam so i was wondering if i would have to set its route to open up the game' date=' and the mod.

[/quote']

Normally it should just autodetect everything for you. However if you run into trouble you can set your path yourself in the options.

I could connect an hour ago then i loged for 10min. I tryed to rejoin but i cant join any server, it will not connect to a host. I have my two friends playing right now and they use six launcher and there playing. I have reset my internet 5 times, restarted my computer and it still want connect!

I have a question - I run DayZ through the 6 launcher, and I have noticed that it starts up fine even if steam is not running (I own Arma II and Combined Operations on Steam). However, lately I have felt like my weapons do less damage and that I die very easily from taking hits... is it possible that if I start the game with the 6 launcher and do not have steam running that it detects it as a pirate version and thus degrades my game?

Please forgive my noobness, but when launching the Six Updater and then selecting 'update', why does the agreement page keep prompting you to accept over and over again? What am I missing here?

Thanks

When it updates (the launcher) you need to accept a new agreement that the version you are using are not accountable if you catch a virus etc.

So if you play once a week it's expected.

Thanks for reply.

What actually happened though was that the 'accept' button kept popping back up after I clicked in the same update session. However, what i think happened is that I had many parts to update, so was therefore given many agreements to accept. It just looked like the same agreement to me over and over again.

So you're right - new agreements to accept with every part of every update.

Sounds fair. panic over!!

I could connect an hour ago then i loged for 10min. I tryed to rejoin but i cant join any server' date=' it will not connect to a host. I have my two friends playing right now and they use six launcher and there playing. I have reset my internet 5 times, restarted my computer and it still want connect!

[/quote']

Can you please give us more information on that? Is the problem still valid?

I have a question - I run DayZ through the 6 launcher' date=' and I have noticed that it starts up fine even if steam is not running (I own Arma II and Combined Operations on Steam). However, lately I have felt like my weapons do less damage and that I die very easily from taking hits... is it possible that if I start the game with the 6 launcher and do not have steam running that it detects it as a pirate version and thus degrades my game?

[/quote']

No defnetly not. :) Maybe it's just the new patch you're not used to?

Please forgive my noobness' date=' but when launching the Six Updater and then selecting 'update', why does the agreement page keep prompting you to accept over and over again? What am I missing here?

Thanks

[/quote']

I guess you have installed several mods. They will each have a licence agreement shown to you. Most mod makers don't deliver one, so SIX is showing you a generic one.

That's most likley it. If not, please tell us so we can investigate.

Hello. I notice six launcher does not know about latest beta patch (v1.60.94364), so I installed it myself. However when I start the game through six launcher, the game is still running on v1.60.94209 that was installed by six launcher earlier and I am unable to join servers requesting the most recent patch. What am I doing wrong?

Hello. I notice six launcher does not know about latest beta patch (v1.60.94364)' date=' so I installed it myself. However when I start the game through six launcher, the game is still running on v1.60.94209 that was installed by six launcher earlier and I am unable to join servers requesting the most recent patch. What am I doing wrong?

[/quote']

The beta on SU updates once there's BattlEye support (which occurred a minute ago) and generally when Rocket confirms operation.

What error do you get when trying to join newer version servers? Out of the box it should just work.

Hello. I notice six launcher does not know about latest beta patch (v1.60.94364)' date=' so I installed it myself. However when I start the game through six launcher, the game is still running on v1.60.94209 that was installed by six launcher earlier and I am unable to join servers requesting the most recent patch. What am I doing wrong?

[/quote']

The beta on SU updates once there's BattlEye support (which occurred a minute ago) and generally when Rocket confirms operation.

What error do you get when trying to join newer version servers? Out of the box it should just work.

I don't get a error, the ingame server browser just tells me that I do not have the required version to play on the server and won't even let me try to connect. (It shows in red the required version and the "join" button is grayed out)

But the actual problem is that six launcher installs beta patch X, and I manually install beta patch Y after that. The game is still running on beta patch X :huh:

I don't get a error' date=' the ingame server browser just tells me that I do not have the required version to play on the server and won't even let me try to connect.

But the actual problem is that six launcher installs beta patch X, and I manually install beta patch Y after that. The game is still running on beta patch X :huh:

[/quote']

That's how it's supposed to be. :)

The Launcher installs and uses the most recent version that is confirmed working with battleeye. If you install a newer version it will revert to the "stable" beta version.

If servers allready updated to a newer version it's most likley just a matter of a few minutes that that new beta (if BE supportet) is avaible on the SIX Launcher.

Did that explain it for you?

If servers allready updated to a newer version it's most likley just a matter of a few minutes that that new beta (if BE supportet) is avaible on the SIX Launcher.

Not really because yesterday morning (about 30 hours ago) I noticed there was servers requiring patch 94209. However on the six updater portal I see that this patch was SU recognized only 6 hours ago. Whole yesterday I could not play on my favourite server due to this. The server had plenty of people online so I bet it was BE supported.

Now again the server requires 94364 and SU is still stuck on 94209. Cant access my tent. :(

E: I see the newest version is up now, but I would still like to have option not to revert back to older beta patch if I have higher version installed.

Not really because yesterday morning (about 30 hours ago) I noticed there was servers requiring patch 94209. However on the six updater portal I see that this patch was SU recognized only 6 hours ago. Whole yesterday I could not play on my favourite server due to this. The server had plenty of people online so I bet it was BE supported.

Now again the server requires 94364 and SU is still stuck on 94209. Cant access my tent. :(

In that case I suspect that the server has set the reqBuild value to the latest Beta' date=' effectively blocking you from joining,

which should generally not be necessary unless previous builds have known big problems,

unless anything has changed recently.

In any case, the latest beta is available now.

It's not very easy to determine when to upgrade best. At least BE needs to be supported, but even then there are still considerations.

Probably best there will be an option to download the very latest regardless of testing, on your own perill.

[hr']

Ticketed at https://dev-heaven.net/issues/35466

Thanks so much for this program! As a complete noob it's made it easy for me to start playing DayZ. Works a treat. :)

I am turned off from Six Launcher by that it requires UAC admin elevation every time I start it. I know that some might say "well then just turn UAC off" but I won't sacrifice my security for convenience (see link below for why). Knowing that modifying anything in Program Files always requires admin rights, I put my Steam directory in D:\Steam so that it wouldn't prompt me when installing TF2 skins and such.

That I have to grant administrator rights to a launcher program is ridiculous. It might make sense to ask before performing an update operation, but not every single time I start it.

Do I even need this program? I have no trouble installing DayZ and ARMA2Beta updates manually, and I create shortcuts with my command line options. I find servers through the ARMA2 ingame interface.

http://www.beyondtrust.com/News-and-Events/Press-Releases/2009/New-Report-Shows-92-Percent-of-Critical-Microsoft-Vulnerabilities-are-Mitigated-by-Eliminating-Admin-Rights

I am turned off from Six Launcher by that it requires UAC admin elevation every time I start it. I know that some might say "well then just turn UAC off" but I won't sacrifice my security for convenience (see link below for why). Knowing that modifying anything in Program Files always requires admin rights' date=' I put my Steam directory in D:\Steam so that it wouldn't prompt me when installing TF2 skins and such.

That I have to grant administrator rights to a launcher program is ridiculous. It might make sense to ask before performing an update operation, but not every single time I start it.

Do I even need this program? I have no trouble installing DayZ and ARMA2Beta updates manually, and I create shortcuts with my command line options. I find servers through the ARMA2 ingame interface.

http://www.beyondtrust.com/News-and-Events/Press-Releases/2009/New-Report-Shows-92-Percent-of-Critical-Microsoft-Vulnerabilities-are-Mitigated-by-Eliminating-Admin-Rights

[/quote']80% or more of the people have a standard installation where program files are involved.

So for the majority of people it makes sense.

Experiments in the past only lead to contamination of the VirtualStore folder and major hassle for the user, for starters not being aware why his game acts weird, or how to resolve it.

Only elevating every time an action needs to be performed increases application complexity (actually the whole program needs to be restarted),

and is planned for a future version, in combination with defaulting to My Documents to install mods.

Of course manually handling 1-2 mods can be doable, the trick starts when you need to do many mods, rapid updates, special startup parameters, plugins, dependencies, etc.

Automation is convenient, and SU helps save bandwidth for both the hosters and the users, while there are plenty of other useful features included.

You also might be interested in the different side of the story about UAC:

http://tweakhound.com/windows7/nouac.html

http://www.pretentiousname.com/misc/win7_uac_whitelist2.html

and related.

I posted a thread of this, but whenever I try to join a game it says ''wait for host'' for eternity. Please find a fix D:

I posted a thread of this' date=' but whenever I try to join a game it says ''wait for host'' for eternity. Please find a fix D:

[/quote']Not much I can do, should be server / hive related? Try another server?

One of my many problems is the same as Benz's. 'Waiting for host' or 'loading' message but nothing ever happens and I have to ctrl alt del out of game.

I'm so tired of reading 'helpful threads' that don't help and threads that instruct me to list all my downloaded steam versions and my spec and what I did but I'm a girl, damn itl! I don't know most of those things.

I paid my money to steam, clicked download and thought I got the latest version of the game. Then I used sixuploader and that's where the problems started.

I'm afraid to post a thread asking for help in case I get in trouble or told to re-read the helpful threads yet again. I've watched so many youtube install dayz vids I'm going blind with exhaustion. I've a claw like hand from searching threads!

I just want to fight zombies. :(

I have a 100GB ssd drive (the one that doesn't spin, not sure of proper name), a terrabyte of storage on another regular drive and 8GB of corsair RAM (Chillblast said 16GB was too much), and Nvidia Gainward GeForce GTX 570 phantom card (1280MB)

When I click on sixlauncher's list of servers, no matter which I choose, it appears to be accessing the chosen server but then takes me to Arrowhead's main menu. I choose multiplayer and find a server with a low ping, click on it and get 'connection failed', or 'waiting for host' or 'loading' and everything freezes, so I have to ctrl alt del out.

Also, I notice that sixuploader is duplicating my programe files sub-directory and putting itself in there, instead of adding its software to my own identically named pre-existing programe files sub-directory where my steam software is kept.

Anyone know why it's not working, what I might be doing wrong, or what I can do to fix this please? Sixuploader and launcher were recommended to me as reliable. Should I try a different game launcher?

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

Thanks

Sula