ben_c

Remove the Ghillie suit

Yes, that's right. Remove the ghillie suit.

There is a lot of QQ'ing about how DayZ is turning into a sniper deathmatch (Is it? But that's another discussion..). Rocket has stated many times that he giveth the tools and the players maketh the gameplay.

Well, if you give a player the tools of being a sniper, those being a sniper rifle and ghillie suit, he will play as, well, a sniper. Now, this isn't a 'remove snipers' suggestion but an attempt to limit the thought process of having to play as a 'military sniper' because that's what your equipment suggests to you. To be honest when the end of the world comes my first thought isn't going to be to dress up as a compost heap and kill everyone who wanders past.

Instead of dressing like a cabbage patch, give more options for a 'paramilitary' look (think Walking Dead, Falling Skies etc etc). A mix of civilian clothing with a military jacket which could be from different nations for variety (UK DPM/MTP, US 'digi-cam', Russian style etc). This part may only be feasible for a stand alone due to Arma2 limitations, who knows.

Snipers have a place in the game, beyond a doubt. They do add a certain spice (except lame new spawn sniping, you lot should be ashamed) and provide good overwatch for group play.

• Like 3

Yeah, break skins down into a couple of categories.

Hat

Scarf

Back - Bag/Cloak/Ghillie Suit.

Legs

Gloves

Boots.

Ghillie suits are fine, just make them back cover ghillies, like a cloak - so if you want to snipe, you loose the backpack.

I believe this is a good counter argument :)

• Like 5

yea and body armor

Nope, this is why.

Body armor should be EXTREMELY rare - if it takes 3 shots its expended.

Top = Clothing / Body Armor / Webbing. Clothing can be camo or for warmth. Body armor, bullets. Webbing can be storage. *You can only have one at every time.

Back - Bag/Cloak/Ghillie Suit. *You can only have one of these active at a time.

The players with ghillie suits and 50 calibre rifles are usually very VERY good. Like me I've got an AS50 and ghillie suit. I don't kill noobs I save them, for every geared player I see in a ghillie near the coast I shoot them in the back of the head with my AS50. They also usually have rare sniper rifles. I try to keep the coast clear of these guys on my server but as of now I've busy with other things.

Ghillies are rare enough so they shouldn't need tweaking or even removing, the stock ghillies are perfect and look sexy in BAF.

i think it would be far more useful to make ghillie suit players be restricted to the czech vest pouch or no back pack (as in real life)

and maybe they should use the napa skins rather than the army skins.

• Like 1

Please...go die in a hole...for serious...

Just learn to spot a ghilly suit. I've never had trouble finding one, even without my L85A2 AWS.

I have no difficulty spotting ghillie suits, or dealing with snipers. @Robolord - read the OP first faggot before saying shit like that.

@Venzire I think my comment is a goodway of keeping that essential camo.

I like the idea in the OP about no ghillie and instead having paramilitary clothing, however body armors, webbings and whatnot do not sound interesting. Just my 2 cents.

I like Stubbies idea about separate whole clothing for parts, its making you to look for whole costumes.

Edited by WavezZ

Yes, that's right. Remove the ghillie suit.

There is a lot of QQ'ing about how DayZ is turning into a sniper deathmatch

There's also a lot of QQ'ing about how the ghille suit needs to be removed.

L2 not walk into open fields, learn to use cover around you, if the snipers can do it so can you. It's not a predator suit, it's only a ghille suit, they need to blend in with their environment just as much as you do. Ever seen a ghille suit sniper up against something that's solidly colored, or isn't green? They are limited to only those areas due to the suit.

so in reply to your suggestion

NO.

Edited by Bukethead
  • Like 5

Yeah, break skins down into a couple of categories.

Hat

Scarf

Back - Bag/Cloak/Ghillie Suit.

Legs

Gloves

Boots.

Ghillie suits are fine, just make them back cover ghillies, like a cloak - so if you want to snipe, you loose the backpack.

I believe this is a good counter argument :)

I'm all for this kind of thing. Snipers are deadly and should remain so, but trade offs are always good.

If you want to be invisible, you shouldn't have 2 guns, a pistol a bunch of food/water, blood bags, morphine ect I'm sure you've got my point.

I'm always up for something that makes the game harder!

Turn DayZ into a hat simulator? No thanks.

Costume sets have their place, and it's with orcs and dragons and magic.

If ghillie suits are a problem, it is because of the duping and the noobs that hack them in.

The ghillie suit was one of the most sought after items in the game for months, it still is, they are still a rare drop, but not to the guy who found one, and now has 50 sitting in a tent under a tree in the middle of nowhere, the tent that sits next to another tent that has 10 as50's in it. Fix that before you complain about them.

More skins ... absolutely agree, but sets ... nope.

• Like 1

Ghillie suits need to have a down side, because in real life they are heavy, super hot, and something you would never wear near fire unless you want to die. If you wonder about the last one look up the story's and the videos of Ghillie suits catching fire.

Things needs to be made realistic as oppose to removed, because making them realistic make things more balance and help make this game better. Which if you remember DayZ is suppose to be a "realistic zombie apocalypse sim".

• Like 1

except lame new spawn sniping, you lot should be ashamed

Watch out talking like that around here... it will get your posts misconstrued and laughed at by morons that can't string two words together... and all the kids will get angry.

~Sol

Fuck off

Case and point.

Yet another highly intelligent and well thought out post by a sterling example of what-the-fuck-I-was-talking-about.

~Sol

Let me give you a newsflash, at a distance greater then 100 meters the grass fades!

Therefore having a ghilliesuit is pointless as a sniper if you want to be a "sniper"

If he shoots you from 80 meters with a ghillie suit thats not really sniping, you can do as good with a M4A1 at that range.

I have a ghilliesuit and I find it very good when it comes to survival in close combat, when it comes to distances its useless, if you feel otherwise then you have bad eyes.

Edited by n4zRuDiN

The players with ghillie suits and 50 calibre rifles are usually very VERY good...

Bullshit. Most are hackers or Accuracy International has a factory outlet north of Starry that I just haven't looted yet. And it doesn't take much "skill" to shoot at dots a half mile away using a 12x scope. But I don't think they should be removed and neither should ghillie suits.