Sign in to follow this  
Obsolescence

Don't un-nerf the damage changed by Arma II patch

Relevant source data:

http://dayzdb.com/ne...a2-162#comments

Please don't make changes to in any way return the damage of weapons back to what it was before the Arma II patch. The weapon damages are just fine as long as they all still 1-shot a zombie/player with a headshot. This game is intended to be challenging and not being able to take down a whole horde of zombies with just your pistol has reinvigorated my, and other people's, fear of firing their weapon in a crowded area.

Shooting zombies or players in the head was not at all necessary before the patch, now it is much more important to good ammo efficiency and effectiveness. The game has been made more challenging not less. Isn't that, to a reasonable degree, the goal here?

At the very least, at least don't change the # of shots required to kill zombies. If you must change the values for PvP so be it, but zombies can actually be a threat now.

Edited by Obsolescence
  • Like 9

+1 I agree that the dmg is more fitting now, especially for the 1shot pistols and the Lee Enfield :D ..

(even though its been a trusty friend that enfield)

Wait, they changed the damage? Is that why it took me four damn shots with the revolver to kill one zombie? Is that why it took me four shots with an AK74 Kobra to kill one zombie?? Is that why it took me an entire mag with a makarov to kill one damn zombie??????

However, this may make people more careful and or group up, along with snipers having a harder time. This has also given shotguns same/less value, depending on how you think about it. In one way, having 8 kills with an M1014 to having a possible 30 with an assault rifle is obviously going to favor the rifle, however the ability to one shot with the shotguns easily may not even change it, or might even increase it's value.

Edited by CarloNord

Theoreticly its fine.. but practically dont... I'm seeing people (THAT I SHOOTED) hitted by HS and surviving without problems... bleeding and running faster like a football player.

Caliber 5.56/pistols and revolvers now are useless.. Another damage system sounds good for keeping balance between arcade/sim, .. cause now its a BB Gun simulator.

Theoreticly its fine.. but practically dont... I'm seeing people (THAT I SHOOTED) hitted by HS and surviving without problems... bleeding and running faster like a football player.

Caliber 5.56/pistols and revolvers now are useless.. Another damage system sounds good for keeping balance between arcade/sim, .. cause now its a BB Gun simulator.

Thinking of it that way, almost seems worth it to just toss your secondary weapon and free up the 8 more slots once you've got a hatchet or rifle.

Wait, they changed the damage? Is that why it took me four damn shots with the revolver to kill one zombie? Is that why it took me four shots with an AK74 Kobra to kill one zombie?? Is that why it took me an entire mag with a makarov to kill one damn zombie??????

However, this may make people more careful and or group up, along with snipers having a harder time. This has also given shotguns same/less value, depending on how you think about it. In one way, having 8 kills with an M1014 to having a possible 30 with an assault rifle is obviously going to favor the rifle, however the ability to one shot with the shotguns easily may not even change it, or might even increase it's value.

Battle/sniper rifles didn't change. Shotguns, all sidearms, the Enfield, and some of the Eastern Bloc assault rifles got changed.

Battle/sniper rifles didn't change. Shotguns, all sidearms, the Enfield, and some of the Eastern Bloc assault rifles got changed.

Oh... Well that's no good at all.

Shooting zombies in the head is important yes, but it's also next to impossible to shoot them in the head if they noticed you.

Why?

Because their animations are so jittery their head moves like an angry fly.

Yet another 'don't un-nerf' thread failing to consider that while you're happy about your zombie headshots, I'll be using guns that weren't nerfed against you.

• Like 1

+1 I agree that the dmg is more fitting now, especially for the 1shot pistols and the Lee Enfield :D ..

(even though its been a trusty friend that enfield)

Because 6 shots from a revolver to the chest shouldn't kill a survivor.

shoot in the head.. problem fixed. ;)

Because 6 shots from a revolver to the chest shouldn't kill a survivor.

In all fair-ness, the survivors are wearing vests, but I agree, the nerfing is a bit too much. I had a AK74 Kobra, and not knowing there was a change with the damage, proceeded to fight zombies, when they started to chance me, I didn't have time to headshot them, and I noticed they needed 3 shots to die. I thought that was a little crazy, but the real BS was when I died, respawned and found a revolver, and proceeded to get shot like nuts, losing only 4K blood from an M1410... Then I find that the revolver needs 3 shots instead on the usual one. NOW HERE'S THE REAL BULLSHIT. I died again due to wire and a bandit, then proceeded to find a double-barreled shotgun, and went back to the same bandit, I shot him 3 times with slugs, at point blank range (seriously, he was like one meter away), he didn't die and it took him 1 mag roughly (he had terrible aim for being at point blank) from his AK to kill me... even got hit by a zombie 3 times, not even knocked out. This can't be right, after at minimum 1 shot should've killed his ass.

I used to be a ironsight marksman till i took a patch to the knee

But seriously I'm not playing day z till it's fixed

Now I'm going to some snipe noobs with fal iron sights on black ops

Edited by lukeyu2005
  • Like 1

Yeah I like the nerf too, but if I had it my way zombies would only die from headshots, zombies dying from bullet holes in the torso and below should not kill it, kinda takes away the whole a idea of what a zombie are :P

Yes but 2 mags of makarov to kill a player is stupid.

If you have to make the zombies stronger. Don't make the guns weaker. Pvp is hard enough.

Currently the 1911 is even weaker then it is in cod this is stupid.

If you have to make the zombies stronger. Don't make the guns weaker. Pvp is hard enough.

I agree that due to the nerf it has been more difficult to kill players with the pistols, that should be fixed. Nerf should only apply to zombies as for now untill further changes are to be made.

Well it doesn't matter, Rocket noticed this after someone posted about it on Reddit and said that he will sort it out.

Out of my 220 zombie kills about 190 are headshots. It's not that hard to aim for the head.

Stop whining, jeez.

shoot in the head.. problem fixed. ;)

One shot to chest with an Enfield should be sufficient..no problem to start with ;)

Relevant source data:

http://dayzdb.com/ne...a2-162#comments

Please don't make changes to in any way return the damage of weapons back to what it was before the Arma II patch. The weapon damages are just fine as long as they all still 1-shot a zombie/player with a headshot. This game is intended to be challenging and not being able to take down a whole horde of zombies with just your pistol has reinvigorated my, and other people's, fear of firing their weapon in a crowded area.

Shooting zombies or players in the head was not at all necessary before the patch, now it is much more important to good ammo efficiency and effectiveness. The game has been made more challenging not less. Isn't that, to a reasonable degree, the goal here?

At the very least, at least don't change the # of shots required to kill zombies. If you must change the values for PvP so be it, but zombies can actually be a threat now.

I actually like the patch more challenging... but they should un nerf the akm and make it more rare in my opinion.

I do agree that the pistols still seem too weak against players, assuming those aren't bulletproof vests we are all running around with. I think they should up the damage on the 9mms and 0.45 cals. However, it shouldn't go back to what it was before. Just require 3-5 shots to the body instead of 8 [0.45] and 13 [9mm]. Forty-five cal pistols should incapacitate in 2-3 and kill in 3-5 bodyshots. Nine millimeter pistols should incapacitate in 3-4 and kill in 4-6.

That way, the damage is more in line with research on the topic (someone posted a great FBI research document all about this) and players are still encouraged to just aim for the heads since you would be able to take a bodyshot if you can deal a headshot.

I actually like the patch more challenging... but they should un nerf the akm and make it more rare in my opinion.

I completely agree. I hate that a pretty decent gun becomes trash just because it is so common. I hate seeing it, I hate using it, only because I always find one before anything else and it trumps almost all the other assault rifles except maybe the CCOs and M203 if you're so inclined (excepting, of course, the FN-FAL because it is helo spawn).

Edited by Obsolescence

How about making the zombie health higher and then restore the guns/rifles damage? then it would be a challenge against zombies and at the same time easy kill another player. problem solved ^^