Satyricon

Hear the flies, body is missing. (V1.7.2.4)

7/27/12 ~22:50 GMT-5

I was north of the Balota airstrip, in the woods, heading for the ATC. I was alone on the server when I logged on. I began experiencing the mad graphical artifacting, (that I've since learned wasn't unique to me.) Checking the number of players on the server, (DE 718,) seeing only 2.. I go prone and mess with my video settings. I'm turning stuff down/off to try n correct, when it suddenly got much worse and I get shot to death. I'm pissed, but it happens.

I abort out and respawn east of Kamenka- lucky! I figure I can make it back over to my body in just a couple minutes. I had a compass, matches, 3 tents in my ALICE, revolver with 6 mags, Enfield with about 9 mags. Not to mention food, drink, morphine, et cetera. There's no way someone had room for all of it and I figure I can scavenge something, or not; I had to check, regardless, since I spawned so close. I check server population again and I'm alone.. seemed suspicious that the artifacting got worse right before I heard the gun shot. Given that I was hidden, in the woods, with only 2 other players on the server... coincidence that I was found seems crazy, and that my gunman vanished right after shooting me....

Making it back to where I died, I turn up my volume and zero in on the flies buzzing... no body. Running full out in a straight line from kamenka, over komarovo, over balota to where I died, couldn't have taken me more than 5-7min. Shouldn't my corpse still have been there?

Server: DE 718

Versions I run: DayZ-1.7.2.4 / CO-95417

System Specs: Gigabyte AMD 970 Mobo/AMD Phenom II X4 @3.4GHz/HIS Radeon 6790

8GB DDR3 1600/Corsair Force 3 90GB SSD/3 1TB WD Green HDD/750W PSU

• Like 1

I've always kinda thought hearing flies but no body was from someone hiding a body, but the flies still make noise.

Edited by daliputka
  • Like 4

this is a bug i've experienced myself, i climbed down a ladder and onto barbed wire, didn't notice it, and my body no longer existed but could still hear the flies.

Had this bug - died falling down a slope, re-spawned and came back to body, heard flies, but body was gone (under textures?).

• Like 1

Bodies will persist normally for a long time (died near Solnichniy, lost a bus full of stuff + coyote backpack to a bandit, shit happens) and my body was still there when i made it from elektro after 3 lives and about 2 hours. Your body was probably hidden, because the flies will persist for a while after your body gets hidden.

I've killed someone point blank and had this happen. So stfu with the "someone hid it" BS. It's a bug.

• Like 2

I've killed someone point blank and had this happen. So stfu with the "someone hid it" BS. It's a bug.

They could be logging out. I've shot people, and if they log out, AFAIK, their body vanishes for whatever reason.

They could be logging out. I've shot people, and if they log out, AFAIK, their body vanishes for whatever reason.

As I said, I didn't log out or any of it... respawned, ran straight back. 10min tops, less I ken.

I'd believe it if the body was hidden. I've heard nothing official one way or the other though, and hearing people give eyewitness testimony of corpses just vanishing, (and that my thread was approved + posted by the mods,) makes me think it's a legitimate bug.

Guys, there's two issues here.

1. If someone hides a body you can still hear flies but the body isn't there.

2. If someone logs out as they die their body won't appear/stay.

Unless a body disappears and you can prove it wasn't hidden and that the person didn't log out then it isn't a new bug.

Hmmm.... Yeah right.... someone hid my body.

I'm the only one on the server until my bud shows up after I die getting stuck in a door jamb. I hear the flies but can't see my body when I return after spawning. He can hear the flies and can see my body. He gets my stuff for me. This also happened when my bud dropped his pack to grap another. His pack dissappeared for him, but I was able to see it, and grab his stuff.

Bug happened to me today. Only one on server. I was doing some website scripting and forgot to log out. Came back to the computer later and remembered that I'd forgotten to log out. Maximised ARMA II and briefly saw a frozen picture of myself in game before the black 'you are dead' message filled the screen. Re-spawned and headed back to my body (about 5-10 mins) and it wasn't there. After being in the area for a few minutes the fly noises started which allowed me to locate where my body should have been and coincided where I had left myself standing. Seen this bug happen a few times, I can live with it as in all honesty as it's not very realistic to re-spawn and have knowledge of your 'prior life'.

I think sometimes the server settings clean up bodies a little too quickly. I've had player corpses disappear in front of me, zed corpses, I even killed a goat the other day and it disappeared before I could gut it. I don't know if it the settings, a bug, or a combination of the two. But it does happen.

• Like 1

balota and stary are the only places where i met the other player in the whole server...the rest is all been said here above..i had experiences similar to these

Someone hid your bodies. Get over it :)

Its not a point of ´´getting over it´´ it is about reporting the bug.

Its not a point of ´´getting over it´´ it is about reporting the bug.

It's not a bug; people hide bodies all the time. I do it to people on public servers who snipe freshspawns.

Sometimes you will die and your body will sink upon aborting too quick directly after death. This is easily avoidable; just wait for the 'You are dead' screen, then after a couple seconds you can abort without problems.

This happened to me twice in a day.

I setup a tent inside of a tree by accident and crawled into it to try to see if I could still store stuff in it, and when I turned my body while inside the tent, I broke my bones and died. This was out in the middle of no where, pretty much. So I can guarantee my body wasn't hidden.

So I ran back to where I died in the tent, and although my tent and body were still there, right after I accessed my dead body's gear and accidentally closed out, the body disappeared. But the flies continued.

Same thing happened when I died at a crashed heli (in an empty private server) to a bunch of zombies; I ran back to the heli site and my body was gone, but I heard the flies. :\

Why hello Captain Indignant Rage!

Both are equally possible. Now please, fly away to the next thread requiring your special brand of heroics!

It's not a bug; people hide bodies all the time. I do it to people on public servers who snipe freshspawns.

Sometimes you will die and your body will sink upon aborting too quick directly after death. This is easily avoidable; just wait for the 'You are dead' screen, then after a couple seconds you can abort without problems.

Things that happen on random occasions that are not supposed to happen are called bugs.

Things that happen on random occasions that are not supposed to happen are called bugs.

Yes, I realize this.. Thing is, it might be a problem with the server more than it is just the game.

Server's can only take so much, and eventually they have to clean bodies. Ever killed 100 zombies on the spot and had enough time to draw profanity and other dirty things on their faces? Neither have I...

Guys, there's two issues here.

1. If someone hides a body you can still hear flies but the body isn't there.

2. If someone logs out as they die their body won't appear/stay.

Unless a body disappears and you can prove it wasn't hidden and that the person didn't log out then it isn't a new bug.

This just happened to me on a server (1.7.6.1) where I was the only person. I died near a doorway in Elektro and when I returned the door was closed, items were spawned where my body would have been, and I could hear flies but my body was not there. Nobody else was online to hide my body.

TL;DR If you log off as soon as you die (almost instantly) you will automatically hide your body.

• Like 1