Sweet, Setting the memory size to default instead of very high has totally resolved my issue.

Talk to you in 5mins..

That fix does nothing but reset your video memory. The bug will be back in no time.

What puzzles me is why they don't just hotfix this. Removing the static bodies from the game altogether can't be that hard. They can put them back in once the issue is resolved

This graphics issue has been fixed in patch 1.7.2.5 but Rocket won't release it for some reason.

if some 1 found the file for the soldiers from 1.7.2.3 and replaced them with the 1.7.2.4 wouldent that fix it

Happening to me also, making the game unplayable in area (tragically the area that I meet up with friends) :(

was getting the artifacts pretty bad last night (took up whole screen) at the airport then the medical base in Balota...

had a group of three one has had the problem but stopped for him, the other never experienced it. was fixed upon relogging though (if it helps i relogged right next to the medical base)

"-" on num pad and then type "flush"

Works most of the time.

The Stary Sobor Military tents do this every time I go into the area, and there is a building in the SW Airfield that does it every time as well. Its SE of the two big warehouses.

I've tried just about everything. I think that everything gets dumped back into my card faster (thus creating the graphical glitch) because I have 1.5GB of vram. Changing windowed/fullscreen, flushing, changing video ram setting, nothing fixes it but it does make the artifacts look different.

I was going to post pictures of some of the bizarre artifacts I get (some of them are radically different from what I normally see), but unfortunately the Dayz Forums don't seem to allow adding photos to posts anymore.

Edited by Jivix

I've tried just about everything. I think that everything gets dumped back into my card faster (thus creating the graphical glitch) because I have 1.5GB of vram. Changing windowed/fullscreen, flushing, changing video ram setting, nothing fixes it but it does make the artifacts look different.

I was going to post pictures of some of the bizarre artifacts I get (some of them are radically different from what I normally see), but unfortunately the Dayz Forums don't seem to allow adding photos to posts anymore.

Same here, NOTHING fixes the issue. Haven't played DayZ in over a week.

What Happened: when in the area of Balota Airstrip in the South West, i experienced severe graphical tearing when traveling what i assume was east (coast to my right), this began to occur approx. 100m to the west the army encampment and continued eastward for an unknown distance. the problem angled back to the NE to the airfeild itself. however the problem is drastically reduced and occasionally stops if you turn and face west (coast to the left). i reffer to the coast for i did not have a map or compass

Where it Happened: Balota Airstrip and surrrounding area

What were you doing: travelling east (coast to my right) and looting

current installed version: 1.7.2.4

servers you were on: Roosterteeth servers US124-US127

System Specs: windows 7 ult 64 bit OS, Intel Core i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz, nvidia GeForce GT540m w/ 2GB memory driver version 296.10, and 8GB RAM

Timeline: walked around, killed some zombies, found a car drove till the graphics tore then got out and looked around

• Like 1

I had one guy in my stream suggest setting your video to normal then putting it back to very high and it work for 10 minutes then it all went for Sh#$# again. I tried the trick a second time to no avail. I sure miss going to the airfields.

STILL NOT FIXED! FFS... Just get rid of the dead bodies.

Edited by Yshido

I just updated to 2.5 and it is confirmed as not being fixed, very bad to play wherever there are military items(possibly dead bodies)

Confirmed by 3 people at cherno factories and balota airfield

Switching to windowed then back to your normal res works for me.

I also get a different graphical glitch which makes my ALICE go white and greyish and my head disappears. Everything around me goes f**ked up and I get an FPS drop to about 2FPS

I have still the graphic glitches at the airfields and Cherno. Still the dead bodys.

I use 1.7.2.5 and the Beta Patch 95883. Please help me/us... :( Still unplayable

Set vid memory to default. Switch off FSAA both in game and in Control Panel (Nvidia users). Flush. Restart game. No glitches (working for me for over a week, been to ever single area I can think of with static bodies and not one glitch!)

Reposting from another thread:

I bow down to your artifacts-fixing skills devs. Not only did you not fix the artifacts, they now appear in places they weren't before! Bravo

Btw: Do we have to wait another few weeks for another "fix"? This is a game-breaking bug for many, as all you have to do is make sure you have the artifacts in your back during a gunfight and at least 10-20% of people won't be able to see you/return fire.

• Like 1