Sign in to follow this  
Sethcb

New War Z screenshots

I am wondering, will Day Z be able to compete with War Z ?

I think they can, but i will for sure test out War Z when it comes out but still play DayZ.

http://www.overclock...ystems-ambition

Screenshots look damn good tho :o

Edited by Sethcb

Damn, I really can't wait. I would still play both DayZ and War Z since it'd be like getting a new map, and added/different game play. Can't wait!

That game is gonna suck pro***ly, because that company will do anything to that game for money.

• Like 3

What I like about War Z is that it doesn't take the realism to the same level as Day Z.

Also, when becoming a bandit in War Z you make a big decision, in Day Z people will just get heartbeats when aiming at you close-range, with the pros being better gear, larger chance of survival and a more fun game as you get to be "the hunter".

In War Z you will get a bounty on you, get outlawed in the safe zones(?) and hopefully more to balance the Survivor/Bandit ratio. It's not realistic but it's damn awesome!

• Like 1

So....it's a prettier version of DayZ, and they stole the characters from DayZ? I smell a law suit....

What characters did they ''steal''?

The game has been in development since last year, go figure.

So....it's a prettier version of DayZ, and they stole the characters from DayZ? I smell a law suit....

DayZ got it from arma, so they have nothing if they would sue them its not like they "own" the rigths to a zombie game

I'm taking bets on this;

I say WarZ will be entertaining and will ride comfortably on DayZ's reputation, but the fun will run out really fast because WarZ is exactly what DayZ isn't, a hand holding, forgiving play environment that does not brutally and cruelly kick you back to the shore with nothing when you die. It'll have shit like character progression, safe zones, ability to store equipment safely... People in DayZ want these too, some times, but don't realize that DayZ is so popular and exciting like nothing else BECAUSE there is NO hand holding here.

Who's with me?

Edited by Daddy'o
  • Like 10

Seth, Zombie, and Grasswalk all sound like they work for Hammerhead and are just here to spam the DayZ forums with more of their crap.

• Like 3

I'm taking bets on this;

I say WarZ will be entertaining and will ride comfortably on DayZ's reputation, but the fun will run out really fast because WarZ is exactly what DayZ isn't, a hand holding, forgiving play environment that does not brutally and cruelly kick you back to the shore with nothing when you die. It'll have shit like character progression, safe zones, ability to store equipment safely... People in DayZ want these too, some times, but don't realize that DayZ is so popular and exciting like nothing else BECAUSE there is NO hand holding here.

Who's with me?

Half the things you said in there are not true. If you die, you WILL lose all your gear, not only in hardcore mode but also softcore mode. You will however keep your character progression if im correct. And if you want the 'No hand holding" go play Hardcore mode, it does not have safezones you will lose your whole char when you die..

This game will be a kick in the nuts for DayZ..

do not want quests ever

ST: There are no quests or missions in the traditional gaming industry sense of the word. We’re not building an objective based game, but instead building a sandbox with lots of tools that will allow players to create their own experiences.

I also tougth it would have quests, but after reading the full thingy geuss not

@Velocirapetor lol, yeah man you nailed it!

Edited by Sethcb
  • Like 1

What characters? Dafaq are you talking about? Are you saying they stole the player template of having every single citizen wear a baseball cap, a bulletproof vest and a soft spot for standing next to trees?

Freaking sweet

"

Same goes for gun attachments—grips, silencers, different types of options—there are dozens of real world modifications available for your gun. Some will be relatively easy to find (forward grip for M4 for example or flashlight), but some—like high quality military grade optics—will be really rare."

I'm taking bets on this;

Who's with me?

DayZ isn't a zombie game right now for me. I have a 1% chance of dying to "zombies" currently. if this game has proper AI for zombies then it will easily overtake DayZ imo.. At most, zombies are used to expose other players---making them shoot, running after them, etc.. in DayZ, that is.

Edited by matticinyoattic

What I like about War Z is that it doesn't take the realism to the same level as Day Z.

Also, when becoming a bandit in War Z you make a big decision, in Day Z people will just get heartbeats when aiming at you close-range, with the pros being better gear, larger chance of survival and a more fun game as you get to be "the hunter".

In War Z you will get a bounty on you, get outlawed in the safe zones(?) and hopefully more to balance the Survivor/Bandit ratio. It's not realistic but it's damn awesome!

Idk i think it's realistic that if there's a thriving community they would seek to protect it. If you knew someone was a cereal killer, would you let them sleep in your town? No way. If they started picking off your inhabitants, you would go after them to restore order and safety.

You can tell exactly what was ripped from DayZ to put in the game and what they started with. All the good bits are Dayz or refined versions of Dayz mechanics. I'll try it out, but dayz is still the better end game in my book.

Even though those look more like staged 3d models than screenshots, OMG I CANT WAITZ TO PLAY THAT!

I really really hate having to find stuff and I'd much rather buy it from an in-game store with real money. This will save so much on inventory space as we wont have to carry around food and supplies. We can just buy it! Awesome!!

Finding stuff is lame!

Even though those look more like staged 3d models than screenshots, OMG I CANT WAITZ TO PLAY THAT!

I really really hate having to find stuff and I'd much rather buy it from an in-game store with real money. This will save so much on inventory space as we wont have to carry around food and supplies. We can just buy it! Awesome!!

Finding stuff is lame!

Good thing you aren't forced to buy food/supplies.

Just remember, before ANYONE gets excited, we have yet to see any gameplay footage.

Reserve your judgements until that moment.

• Like 2

I don't know if this is a stupid question, but doesn't DayZ like have a 100-200.000 copy head start on WarZ?

Also are you guys getting some kind of gold advance for theWarZ marketplace for spamming WarZ threads in the DayZ general forum or something? Like you know, whoever spams the DayZ forum with the most rendered WarZ screenshots, can buy all the permadeath bypasses and weapon upgrades in their goldselling market place?

• Like 1

Finding stuff is lame!

really hope you're being sarcastic.

The other option is you're retarded.