Sign in to follow this  
omgwtfbbq (DayZ)

Green Mountain. ALONE. AT NIGHT.

so, after finding out just how populated green mountain was, i went there. OFC, the server was at night. here is the video.

i already told you all, my computer sucks. and with fraps isn't any better. but here's some proof that i went there, got what i wanted and left. i didn't bother with the tower. i just wanted a weapon, because the server deleted my ammo (as seen in the beginning of the video) and i lost my ak-74 in the grass. sorry for the artifacts in the video (the black sky and what not), that isn't my fault. they came with the new patch. never had artifacts before. ever. yes, i have brightness to max, and gamma to max. HDR to very high, and it's still very dark.

(fraps made the video 1GB so it's split up.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9I0ZWryPxig&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15mJUrLQWaQ&feature=plcp

remember: no bitching about the quality.

• Like 2

10 minutes of footage taking up 1GB? You might want to consider rendering the captured video to a different format using Sony Vegas or similar software :)

• Like 1

That place is fail, just shit loads of zombies and one military spot. But good work sneaking in there. You could propably crouch next time, the zombies is almost blind in the dark.

Edited by Baltsar

10 minutes of footage taking up 1GB? You might want to consider rendering the captured video to a different format using Sony Vegas or similar software :)

i would if i had money. or the torrent file worked. and i knew how. but yeah fraps is stupid and 10 minutes = 1GB for some reason.

i would if i had money. or the torrent file worked. and i knew how. but yeah fraps is stupid and 10 minutes = 1GB for some reason.

Just click the little "Half Size" instead of "Full Size"

• Like 1

Just click the little "Half Size" instead of "Full Size"

i did. i don't know why it was still a huge file. but yeah, that shows that if i put full size, then i would be lagging like even more shit.

post-40165-0-27136200-1343445335_thumb.p

Fraps renders its videos in .AVI so they are going to be large as shit but just google AVI converter and you should find something free within seconds.

Green Mountain lets you post this in the wrong section of the forum ... plus you end up in a discussion about how you failed @ recording ...

That Green Mountain ... You better stay away from it !

• Like 1

When I was new I went to green mountain without knowing. I had no map or anything, just went exploring.

I was so scared of going inside since you can see the tower from far away. I went inside and that is where I found my first water canteen (Which was EPIC back then).

But Green Mountain is a bad place to be in my opinion, nothing so useful in there.

It can attract new players though... since it has a really really high tower.

Edited by Etmer

Green Mountain lets you post this in the wrong section of the forum ... plus you end up in a discussion about how you failed @ recording ...

That Green Mountain ... You better stay away from it !

would you go away? and i didn't really fail at recording...never intended it to win. my computer sucks lol

Edited by omgwtfbbq

I never said you did ... i said you ended up in a discussion about your recording ...

I never said you did ... i said you ended up in a discussion about your recording ...

fair enough.

Fraps renders its videos in .AVI so they are going to be large as shit but just google AVI converter and you should find something free within seconds.

FRAPS actually saves raw footage, it doesn't encode it to save space at all. You can do it with free tools, however, without degrading quality beyond what Youtube will anyway.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1141162-Guide-how-to-create-a-high-quality-recording-of-your-game-with-a-small-file-size

• Like 1

lmao, you suck at torrent then. works fine for me.

Wow, what a hero you are. Funniest thing ever: you still don't get the Green Mountain thing :)

• Like 1

That place is fail, just shit loads of zombies and one military spot. But good work sneaking in there. You could propably crouch next time, the zombies is almost blind in the dark.

That place is haunted, rather.

Stop cheating and turn the video setting back to normal, you have a flash light for a reason

• Like 1

I appreciate the skill, guts and stealth it took, and the video you made, but all that for just a shotgun?! Granted, it has more shots than that double you had, but ... wow.

I've never been there, nor even seen it.... may have to make a run over one day. Incredible that, if I reacorrectly, it has only one loot drop spot?

Stop cheating and turn the video setting back to normal, you have a flash light for a reason

Oh quit whining, you know you do it to.

• Like 1

Oh quit whining, you know you do it to.

No I don't because I have a flash light and use it, unlike the pussys that change the video settings.

the trick doesn't even work anymore. and you seem to not realize that flashlights = HEY EVERYONE HERE I AM COME KILL ME PLS

also, if every murderer in the game is doing it, why the hell wouldn't i do it? i would like to survive over using my flashlight. also, you can see at night IRL. in this game it is pitch black. in real life you can see things regardless of how dark it is; the moon gives off light.

Edited by omgwtfbbq
  • Like 1