Benlandia

[OFFICIAL] 1.7.2.4 -- Stuck at loading screen

Just stick with manual installations and be done with it. Brap.

Was able to get onto two different servers, both of which my character was respawned on the coast. When I logged off the other day I was north of the NWAF with a quad and a full geared character. Don't know if this is anything like the last bug where we needed to kill our character to get back to our last one, but without a respawn option this will take longer than it should...

Same here Galrogyab. I was by Windy mountain on 7/26 and after update I spawned in Cherno's coast with all my gear. If I look at my gear or through binoculars I get a white glitchy screen. Currently on 1.7.2.4 beta 95348. <-- downgraded after no luck with the 95417.

Worked fine for me. Make sure you are joining up to date servers when doing testing.

Server Joined:

- US #500. It is running 1.7.2.4/95417

Current Versions:

- ARMA2: 1.62.95417

- DayZ: 1.7.2.4

- Battleye 1.66 (It updated on connection)

Start-up Method:

- DayZ Commander

- "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash

Possible other options:

-

Source of files:

- Torrent

File sizes of the PBOs in the @DayZ folder

DayZPBOfilesize.jpg

Same here Galrogyab. I was by Windy mountain on 7/26 and after update I spawned in Cherno's coast with all my gear. If I look at my gear or through binoculars I get a white glitchy screen. Currently on 1.7.2.4 beta 95348. <-- downgraded after no luck with the 95417.

I didn't spawn with any of my gear. It would be as if I died. Just ran into some zombies to kill myself to see if it was the same issue as last time but I still just respawned with nothing.

I'm assuming I'm SOL

Edited by Galrogyab

I've been having much better luck now (a sudden 100% success of 3 servers straight isn't bad). My version of DayZ is 1.7.2.4. My version of ARMA II is 95389 (auto-downgraded due to six-launcher). My BattlEye displays in-game as 1.166 after manually updating it from the website and letting it find additional updates after joining servers.

Note that I only use Six-Launcher to "Launch" the game. Not to directly select the server I wanted from there.

I go to the browser to seek out 1.7.2.4 servers and I make absolutely sure that the version (95389) is identical by looking at the bottom right since plenty of server titles are misleading. Ignore the backward-compatible note included in all the beta readme files bcause that doesn't appear to be strictly true when DayZ is taken into account.

Finally I make sure that BattlEye definitely gets time to work. Meaning I wait for to to give the okay on being "up-to-date". Sometimes it will stick on saying "initializing" instead of actually getting anywhere. When that's the case, I simply back out and find another server.

If it goes like mine once you hit OK you should recieve all the loading steps as usual until you get to the black screen with "loading..." in the centre. In no more than 20 seconds it should take you to the "set up complete" messege.

It's a massive relief for me. I missed out a lot of playtime yesterday but now I can finally get back into the thick of my lone, opportunists adventure. And wow has it already gotten tense again.

(Try killing an aggroed zombie or two with a winchester as your only weapon in the middle of Cherno, and crawling off down the tight street while a few dozen zombies shamble over to investigate from all directions. Affording no time to stop the bleeding until you've made your slow, nerve-wracking escape. Considering I lost my life to a doorframe the day before, just imagine what how screwed I felt before making a full-recovery from this.)

This is a joke. Can't join any server... Have tried several. :(

Since yesterday my game is stuck at loading screen for long times with 1.7.2.3 , too.

I don't know what causes it. Is the hive in Stress? Did a beta patch from yesterday mess it up ?

Is it battleye?

Anyone knows the cause yet?

Edited by Gradan

Ok. I cant join to servers. Gets stuck in "Loading" screen. When in server lobby, theres over 20 players inside but still cannot join to game. Is the problem with the server or just my problem?

No replies to the loading screen prob. I downloaded everything mentioned on this thread and non of em worked. Couldn't join to any server yet...

Its now even worse. first i had a Loading screen for AGESS. now when im about to join a server. You were kicked of the game. You have to be kiddin ME!

It looks like it's a problem that admins don't rename, setup servers correctly. There are server out there saying using this beta patch but in reality the use a other. Use Ingame server browser to check the beta version it runs on. Good luck.

Edited by Gradan

This is getting worse and worse. I installed the newest beta 95417, not working. I tried validating my Arma 2 and OA in steam and when both finish validating, there's a little pop-up window that says it has finished downloading, and another window saying "1 files failed to validate and will be reacquired". After that I try to enter the game, but it says "bad cd key" or something like that. What now?!

Also, before bad cd-key info I get a message saying "Addon 'dayz_anim' requires addon 'CA_Dubbing_Counterattack' "

Edit: The message isn0t bad cd-key, but "Bad serial number given in Setup".

Can someone please help me?

Would it do any good if I deleted my '@DayZ' folder and OA Beta Patch and reinstalled them again? I did this manually always and it worked fine until now.

Edited by hoffa

Sigh.

Going forward, when I see a new DayZ version is dropping or about to drop:

a) not download the file immediately.

B) wait about three days for the resultant storm of version mismatches to be resolved.

c) Log in to dayz at around 4 days after the release.

d) repeat as needed.

:)

I've got the same issue. I haven't been able to join a server in several days, I just get hung on the black loading screen. I'm running 1.7.2.4 and have tried it with both 95389&95417, I'm also up to date with BE, running 1.66. I just don't seem to get by that last screen...this is my 3rd post on the forums...I just want to play!

• Like 1

Sigh.

Going forward, when I see a new DayZ version is dropping or about to drop:

a) not download the file immediately.

B) wait about three days for the resultant storm of version mismatches to be resolved.

c) Log in to dayz at around 4 days after the release.

d) repeat as needed.

:)

So, degrading client version and beta patch should do the trick? I don't get it though, why is it all working for some people and not for others.

• Like 1

I updated everything as suggested and was able to finally get on a server (1 in 8)

But it was unplayable there was a house or something in cherno that is now doing a really bad texture stretch, can't even look south it's blocking everything. Wish I had taken a screenshot.

Also it locks the game up now, I've never alt+4'd but tried just to get out of the stuck loading screen but the only way out is to alt+ctrl+del. After doing that, I realized there is an 'arma stopped responding' message. :(

Six launcher is crap. stop using it and install manually. Works every time.

Well that's unfortunately not true. I've used six launcher, six updater, the beta cmd and dayz commander and nothing works. I've also deleted and reinstalled arma2 and my graphics drivers.

Six launcher is crap. stop using it and install manually. Works every time.

I updated with Six - broke Dayz...

Tried to do a manual install, tried downloading the weapons zip file thang, tried updating BattlEye... Nothing works :(

So

Now I am uninstalling everything! Deleting local game content, uninstalling Steam etc, then going to start from scratch...

rjack8 - Could I ask you, what files would you download if starting from scratch (Without six updater! LoL)

Have I missed anything? - Steam will install BattlEye anyway, right? Or?

Cheers!

Ok, here's what I did.

Installed everything manually - not working. After installing beta 95417, I couldn't even start the game. So I started Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA again using steam, and then launched for the third time, but as Combined operations. That fixed the "bad serial number" problem, but still my loading screen wouldn't go away. So I downloaded six updater, updated the game and I managed to join the first server I tried - and it took less time than ever before.