Vipeax

Server-side Hotfix 0.7.2, Helicopter status and server info

server hoster vilayer ... not able to lock server or set passwort ;)

our clan shut the server down if nobody is playing

Why on earth would you do that?

If i have the updated hive and beta patch on my server but never had a chopper in my server before will i have a chopper now

im playing on an updated server. We were driving around since 3hs now, but we didnt even hear a chopper. We have been at both aifields, stary, berenzino, cherno, even Skalisty Island. Our server Is LU45. Is this server really updated?

im playing on an updated server. We were driving around since 3hs now, but we didnt even hear a chopper. We have been at both aifields, stary, berenzino, cherno, even Skalisty Island. Our server Is LU45. Is this server really updated?

Its likely whoever got it, hid it. Theres no way to know for sure.

6-8 rounds from an m16 to the engine block is enough to make a chopper plummet from the air like a stone

trust me go jump in the editor spawn a chopper and a rifle you like, jump in chopper start engine get out shoot engine a couple of times and get back in(you can hear the engine begin to cut out) its flying no where, and a chopper thats flying no where while its in the air isnt staying up there

the pilot better hope he payed attention in the emergency landing procedure class

Doesn't necessarily work when the Helicopter is 100m+ in the air, your target helicopter will have to be going pretty slow to get some accurate shots off.

Any other confirmed spawns besides the island?

I was flying and got a battleye disconnect,

Heli crashed in forest.

Rebooted server after finding crash, heli spawns over trees, fall and explode without leaving wreck = 7 days without rebooting and hoping heli will respawn.

Alright. Big fucking question here. I have repaired -EVERY- damn piece of repairable parts on the helicopter, but it still fucking leaks. I repaired; All glass (6 pieces), HitHull, HitAvi, HitMissiles, Main Rotor, Engine, and Vertical Rotor - I cannot find anything else that needs to be repaired. Does anyone know why? It took us almost 10 minutes with 2 people fill and emptying 3 gas cans each into to fill it completely, just to log in this morning and be out of fuel. ._.

We have a BIG PROBLEM!

To all guys who found a Helicopter it will not be safed! If you fully repaired it and flew it to your base or sth it will disappear after a server restart! THIS MUST BE FIXED!

Edited by AssiBaer

BIG PROBLEM!

To all guys who found a heli! It will not be safed after a server restart! No matter what you do after a server restart the heli is full damaged back on the island!

THIS MUST BE FIXED!

sry for double post

Edited by AssiBaer

BIG PROBLEM!

To all guys who found a heli! It will not be safed after a server restart! No matter what you do after a server restart the heli is full damaged back on the island!

THIS MUST BE FIXED!

sry for double post

No, ours saved just fine.

Just had a 6-8 hour war over the heli on the island between us and another group on NZ22. We both held the island several times, was probably the most fun I've had in DayZ for weeks. The only issue is one of them alt+f4'd when we got the jump on him, but I got him eventually when he came back. As we all had no loot by the end I ended up killing one with an axe after swimming over and then another by waiting in the heli gunner and getting a mate to bate him into firing range. Hours of fun before we even finished repairing it.

No, ours saved just fine.

@Suspenselol, how about tents gear and items in vehicles on your server? i also have the same heli save problem and gear in vehicles or tents is only saved as long the server is running... so wtf is going wrong?

We have a BIG PROBLEM!

To all guys who found a Helicopter it will not be safed! If you fully repaired it and flew it to your base or sth it will disappear after a server restart! THIS MUST BE FIXED!

Nope. We did many server restarts since then and it's still where we landed it

@Suspenselol, how about tents gear and items in vehicles on your server? i also have the same heli save problem and gear in vehicles or tents is only saved as long the server is running... so wtf is going wrong?

Tents and vehicles saves fine on our server too.

Sounds like 0.7.1 vs 0.7.2...

We found our Helo on Skalisty and it's all fine. But on our other server we repaired it too, we went to solnichny and fueled it up. Then our server restarted and it's on the Skalisty again and fully damaged, like we repaired nothing, although we were flying around and the helo was standing 15 minutes in front of the gas station and we SAVED it.

Server Version is up to date. Newest beta and everything. Very sad, because all parts are gone now...

This is a sign your hive version isnt the latest version.

Stop being baddies :)

server hoster vilayer ... not able to lock server or set passwort ;)

our clan shut the server down if nobody is playing

It's not allowed to shutoff servers to protect your gear.

This is a warning, next time your vehicles and items on that server will be wiped.

Hm..

we have the same problem with vehicles/tents not saving correctly and heli going back to the island

our hoster confirmed that 0.7.2 is installed

Edited by bennyx

Ok, but haven't you say that Helis only spawn with 0.7.2?

Damn i knew it... My Gameserverhoster has told me 2 times they have 0.7.2 already installed but i knew it can't be...

Ok now i call to him... (dumb gamed.de)

This is a sign your hive version isnt the latest version.

Stop being baddies :)

I've installed the latest version which is available on HostAltitude

Latest: DayZ 1.7.2.4 + Hive 0.7.2

Official update for 1.7.2.4

But it does not save.

See if you can get your hoster to send me his server files, it's easy to check and impossible to debug with half the people (mostly who own the server physically) saying it works fine and the other half says it doesn't.

Any good helo hiding spots that I should search because I think other people have already gotten to skalisty first?

We found our Helo on Skalisty and it's all fine. But on our other server we repaired it too, we went to solnichny and fueled it up. Then our server restarted and it's on the Skalisty again and fully damaged, like we repaired nothing, although we were flying around and the helo was standing 15 minutes in front of the gas station and we SAVED it.

Server Version is up to date. Newest beta and everything. Very sad, because all parts are gone now...

Always save your heli / vehicle after an important change (fixed parts, change in inventory, change in location). This way, a restart will load it up to the last saved state (most of the time lol)