Vipeax

Server-side Hotfix 0.7.2, Helicopter status and server info

So What is to happen to servers that fail to update? Will they simply be removed from the list (temporarily?) My son has a DayZ server running (NL14) but went on vacation. He will only be able to update at the end of next week.

Fish

Ugh... I know the admin of NL14, and you are not his father... He's not even from the same country as you are.

Yea, tents that were once bugged are saving fine now ^.^.

Even after a server restart, or do you mean that you checked after a restart?

do helicopters spawn jet ?

hope they add them tonigt, cant waint to repair one

Facepalm... One three letter word spelled wrong and the whole question falls apart :lol:

Anyway I hope when I find a new vehicle it won't disappear like all the other ones I've found.

Edited by .Trooper.

I'm in a clan and I can guarantee you we wont park them off the map somewhere and let them collect dust, especially the heli , what fun would that be. We are careful what situation we use vehicles in, like picking up new spawns is usually done with atv/motorbike or sometimes a car depending on what we have. When we have something like the Ural(blue truck) with its crazy capacity to hold gear that puppy usually is parked as a mobile storage shed. If we find an enemy base big enough to warrant it we might use it to grab everything in one go

Are the heli's on yet? Last night there were many servers locked after the update. Both my regular servers were locked with only 3 and 5 respectively in them, all clan members. I'm assuming they were doing the rounds and gathering the vehicles before opening the server up to the rest of us peons.

Glad to hear at least one clan won't be parking them off the map, though that isn't as much of a problem as clan/admins locking servers until they gather all the vehicles.

EDIT: Actually I just checked, the servers are still locked. Any bets once the helis appear and are taken by the admins they lock will come down?

Edited by Slyder73
  • Like 1

So just to clear a few things up for myself.

1) What time GMT will the Helis be loaded in?

2) How many Heli's spawn per server and what are the variables?

check dayz wiki

So just to clear a few things up for myself.

1) What time GMT will the Helis be loaded in?

ANSWER HIS QUESTION PLS! EVERYONE WANTS TO KNOW THAT! pls

Cheers.

Hi Vipeax, tents and vehicles seems to save good now. However, we still have about 2-3 camps on our server that is completely duped, full of gear that we can never get rid of. We blow it up time and time again, but it all just reappears after a reboot.

Is there a way to fix this? Or would it require a full db wipe of the tents? Right now, people just run there whenever they die, grab themselfs all the gear they can carry, and then leaves.

Hi Vipeax, tents and vehicles seems to save good now. However, we still have about 2-3 camps on our server that is completely duped, full of gear that we can never get rid of. We blow it up time and time again, but it all just reappears after a reboot.

Is there a way to fix this? Or would it require a full db wipe of the tents? Right now, people just run there whenever they die, grab themselfs all the gear they can carry, and then leaves.

This.

Are the heli's on yet? Last night there were many servers locked after the update. Both my regular servers were locked with only 3 and 5 respectively in them, all clan members. I'm assuming they were doing the rounds and gathering the vehicles before opening the server up to the rest of us peons.

Glad to hear at least one clan won't be parking them off the map, though that isn't as much of a problem as clan/admins locking servers until they gather all the vehicles.

EDIT: Actually I just checked, the servers are still locked. Any bets once the helis appear and are taken by the admins they lock will come down?

What was the servers name?

Uh, if you want to get rid of items --> have a full backpack and load stuff from the tents to your backpack. After it's all vanished you save the empty tents. That should work.

@Vipeax

ok my serverhoster anwsered me now and says the hotfix is installed since u released it....i'm very frustrated now

Don't really know what the issue is then, as some people report it's working fine now (and so did our own tests).

and one question but i think its a little bit "off-topic" is it allowed to edit the "difficulty" file so i can turn off ch/3rd person at veteran or turn on on expert? My hoster says your guidelines restrict this and later u will blacklist those server, where i can find all the guidelines for hoster?

I'm having a bit of a bug now in terms of tents and and Wire fencing on my server. I try to remove tents or wire fencing but upon a server restart everything comes back. :s

Vipeax can you confirm whether or not choppers will be added/enabled tomorrow (sunday) 9am GMT? (36 hours from this thread start)

The re-introduction of Helicopters is directly affiliated to this change and thus they will not be functional till previous versions of both DayZ as well as the Hive component have deflated, as the changes of the recent patch are mandatory to make them functional.

Again I'd like to remind all hosters that running a build that is >= 95389 is required, BattlEye has to be enabled for your server to be fully functional and it is very import that you update your Hive component to the latest version within the next 36 hours.

One question: Will you be waiting for all servers to upgrade or simply force the hive update after 36 hours, making servers with older hive versions void / unplayable?

Edited by (NGG) Toby

@Vipeax

Server: DayZ 1.7.2.4 + 0.7.2 Hotfix; Beta 95417

Client: DayZ 1.7.2.4; Beta 95417

Saving Vehicle position: yes

Saving Vehicle items: no

Saving Tent position: yes

Saving Tent items: no

Camo + Guilli spawn: yes

(Items are saved as long the server is running)

Heli spawn: not at all!

So what is the problem? Still trouble with the Hive?

Is it just a question of time?