Ewan123

Crazy graphical glitches after updating to 1.7.2.4 and 95389

The fix is to set ur video memory in-game to default.

I have not had this issue until updating tonight.

I now have the artifacts, and can confrm at the NW airfield, when looking towards the airfield from the West side of it, the long artifact blocked the entire left two thirds of my screen. I did not get the artifact from the NW airfield if I turned to face West, away from the airfield.

Was not able to get closer than about 40 yards from the control tower at the NWAF. Any closer than that, and the artifacting took the whole screen. My buddy and I did a test and ran into the first hanger and looking East, still complete vision obscuration. Looking any direction other than East from the Westernmost hanger was fine.

Running Windows 7, 64 bit.

nvidia GTX 260

Good MB (can't remember and i7 intel)

6 gigs DDR3 RAM

All drivers up to date and system working fine.

Full Steam version of Arma2 plus all addons and combined ops etc paid and installed.

Edited by Slyder73

No, it isn't. My video memory has been on default the whole time. Changing it to anything else doesn't work either.

It didn't work :'c

EDIT: I think it has to do with military camps. Many people are saying this is happening around a military camp/anything military related. I am only getting this artifact when I zoom into the military camp in Berz!

Edited by Etmer

This must be an issue with the dead soldiers. All of these graphic issues point on the dead bodies (sorry for bad english)

It is the barb wire being all messy and causing these artifacts. I have tried the default setting among them all. I think it might have to do with my amd graphics plugin or something.

Confirmed it's a bug with the dead military bodies that appear at Stary Tents and other places with these military bodies on the ground.

It didn't work :'c

EDIT: I think it has to do with military camps. Many people are saying this is happening around a military camp/anything military related. I am only getting this artifact when I zoom into the military camp in Berz!

This must be an issue with the dead soldiers. All of these graphic issues point on the dead bodies (sorry for bad english)

The static dead soldiers have been where my group has noticed all the issues coming from also.

I have this issue even in cherno or elektro, so it's not only the dead soldiers who are causing this

Well, now we've established that it's the dead military zombies that are on the ground at military bases that are causing this problem, it shouldn't take long to fix it. However this whole thread is still apparently being ignored.

Video memory to default in-game fixed the issue for me :D

YES, this works for me. Thanks a lot man!!!

Setting Video-Memory to default, fixes the problem... but the vidoe-memory refreshes every 10 sec. so I get a blackscreen with the "receiving" text in the middle. over and over.

Not fixed for me :(

Very annoying bug, please fix this asap as its unplayable when it happens and is not fixable with ANY settings players claiming here. This is a mod bug and needs to be patched fast!

Setting shadingquality=0 instead of shadingquality=30 fixed the artifacts close to dead military soldiers for me.

Edited by Eignad

I had this problem in Berz as well, but it became extreme when I was near the miliary camp, but only if I looked in this direction.

It is the barb wire being all messy and causing these artifacts. I have tried the default setting among them all. I think it might have to do with my amd graphics plugin or something.

I have come arcoss multiple barb wires without having the glitch, so I think the problem must be elsewhere.

I've checked on several servers, on several computers.

Every single time it was a dead soldier that was causing the artifacting. Not once was it barbed wire.

This is an issue with the dead soldiers.

GTX 570 here. First with semi-old drivers, then tried updating to the latest beta drivers just in case it'd solve it. It didn't. Also tried Steam file validation and reinstalling Arma and AO.

Yeah it seems like military corpses are frequently the source. Not always though, I've seen it with bushes also, as well as other players!

Glitch in Chernogov

Glitched military corpse

This one is quite pretty actually

Edited by herteby

This bug forced me off game last night. I was in a group of 3 and was the only one getting the artifacts. We were in NWAF. I cant confirm if the artifacts were coming from the corpses because they were so bad i couldnt see anything.

Rebooting, relogging, updating gfx drivers and changing video memory all did nothing to fix it. Im now completely stuck in NWAF....

Please fix this soon.

This bug forced me off game last night. I was in a group of 3 and was the only one getting the artifacts. We were in NWAF. I cant confirm if the artifacts were coming from the corpses because they were so bad i couldnt see anything.

Rebooting, relogging, updating gfx drivers and changing video memory all did nothing to fix it. Im now completely stuck in NWAF....

Please fix this soon.

Same here, as can be seen on this video down here:

Getting this bug too. Doesn't seem to be any particular area, just buildings in general though facing certain directions makes it many times worse. Ran from Solnichniy to outskirts of Berezino without issue. On arrival facing certain directions made it impossible to see anything. Ran between the 2 supermarkets running sideways so I could actually see. As I approached military tents it seemed to get worse to the point that no matter where I looked I couldn't see anything. Aborted after being attacked by many zombies that I was unable to even see. This has only happened since I upgraded to both 1.7.2.4 and beta 95389 simultaneously. Playing on server I always do and with a friend who has the exact same issue ever since updating his beta and dayz patch to the aforementioned also.