Ewan123

Crazy graphical glitches after updating to 1.7.2.4 and 95389

Kinda hard to describe the problem and I can't take screenshots due to not running through steam, but here goes. I get these fucked up shapes all over my screen when I scope in with my sniper and sometimes just when I'm looking about. They make it impossible to see anything. I used to get similar problems when looking at barbed wire but this is just at the airfield, no barbed wire anywhere. Tried multiple different servers (all with correct versions) and got the same issue. Any ideas for what I need to do?

Edit: It seems to get worse when I set "Object Detail" any higher. However even at Very Low it is still making things very difficult to see.

This post shows the same problem I have: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/48329-hotfix-build-1724-rolling-update/page__st__220#entry463691

Edited by ewan
  • Like 4

Kinda hard to describe the problem and I can't take screenshots due to not running through steam, but here goes. I get these fucked up shapes all over my screen when I scope in with my sniper and sometimes just when I'm looking about. They make it impossible to see anything. I used to get similar problems when looking at barbed wire but this is just at the airfield, no barbed wire anywhere. Tried multiple different servers (all with correct versions) and got the same issue. Any ideas for what I need to do?

Edit: It seems to get worse when I set "Object Detail" any higher. However even at Very Low it is still making things very difficult to see.

I've noticed the same issue since upgrading both Day Z and OA to the latest versions. I'm using the latest drivers available for my GPUs (2x GTX 590s), so I doubt a driver swap would do anything.

you mean like this ?

Yeah, looks just like the issue I'm having.

Try turning vsnyc on or off in your advanced video setting's , worked sometimes for me.

It's seem's like the reflection's on the wire's are not working right still...cause I get it when the sun is out... :(

Edited by Flying On Fumes

Resetting my computer got rid of the problem. For about a day after a recent patch I was getting these every time I'd look around.

same problem.

whenever i look south is see glitches :P

happened right after updating to the latest glitch (patch)

post-72031-0-14584800-1343416767_thumb.j

Edited by Morgothom
  • Like 1

So the problem has to be something with the latest patch..

I've had this issue for a while now. I found 2 things to help: 1) Changing servers (only rarely works) 2) Change 3D texture resolution and/or HDR value.

Same problem here.

ATI 5770 1Gb

Drivers 12.6

(GUYZ , KEEP GIVING YOUR GPU SYSTEM so we can check if it's ATI related or anything else)

Edited by RastaKoueR

Restart computer. Was having this yesterday but not anymore.

already tried that :( didnt do squat.

this is much2herp4myderp :P

EDIT: I, too have a GPU by ATI -> RadeonHD 4870Vapor-X @1Gb

Edited by Morgothom

Video memory to default in-game fixed the issue for me :D

• Like 4

i am getting this all of a sudden after the recent patch, never did this to me before and making it unable to be played.

I have an ATI Radeon HD 5570.

Edit: Just rebooted my PC and the problem appears to be gone. Try rebooting if you haven't already.

Edited by ewan

Having the same issue although changing the video memory to default worked until I changed server and it came back again. Doesn't go away either.

ATI Radeon HD 5870 here, to me it seems like a common factor based on this thread.

Having the same issue although changing the video memory to default worked until I changed server and it came back again. Doesn't go away either.

ATI Radeon HD 5870 here, to me it seems like a common factor based on this thread.

Can you tell me what drivers your running, i also am running hd5870 on ASUS labtop

messing about with the in-game graphic settings doenst fix it for me either :/

EDIT: but it makes the floor go away :P

post-72031-0-79910000-1343420976_thumb.j

Edited by Morgothom

Having the same issues here. A friend and I played all morning with absolutely no problems. We logged off when the server we were on said it would be going through an update. Got back on, and both of us experienced game breaking graphical artifacting.

I have a GTX 570, fwiw.

Really impossible to enjoy the game when this is going on.