rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.4 Rolling Update

:facepalm:

Do you think Rocket had a shit pot full of "Data" when DayZ was first introduced? Has the Mod become significantly better than it was in the early days?

NO is the answer to both of these questions. The basic game experience hasn't changed much at all despite tons of "data farming". The "Devs" are over complicating this thing.

Now i can play dayz but if i want to play campaign got to expansions the turn off dayz then restart play the campaign for a little bit then do it all over again :(

Do you think Rocket had a shit pot full of "Data" when DayZ was first introduced? Has the Mod become significantly better than it was in the early days?

NO is the answer to both of these questions. The basic game experience hasn't changed much at all despite tons of "data farming". The "Devs" are over complicating this thing.

if the mod was still in it's original state, and this many people were playing, it probably wouldn't work at all

telling someone to stop collecting data, and go with their gut feeling, is terrible advice IMO. and that has nothing to do with how it relates to this game

a "gut feeling" will get you started, then you need to collect data to see how to get your "gut feeling" to actually work

• Like 2

Regarding the zombies hearing and visual abilities I don't know what to make of some posts on here. I might have been lucky but I fired my M4A1 on a crawling zombie who surprised me in a house in Stary and no other zombie was alerted by this. Later when I sneaked out of the house and had made it a bit further I was spotted by a runner who I shot with two or three bullets, again no zombie was alerted despite there being 3-4 in the vicinity.

On the other hand I was killed by a crouching zombie while going prone through the grass in the outskirts of Cherno which pissed me off a bit since that zombie was about 6-7 metres away when I, not 2 minutes prior, had evaded a crawler that I even shot once and he crawled not more than an inch from where I was laying.

Then, later, when I was running all the way from Kamenka to Cherno to collect all my gear I decided to run through the woods so I wouldn't alert any zombies, despite this one zombie came sprinting after me when I passed the Balota airfield (which gave me huge artifact issues) and never before have I had a zombie catch up with me and hit me whilst sprinting, until then. When I finally evaded him I was down to about 8k blood.

tl;dr:

I think Zombies still are a bit deaf (I'm fine with that tbh) but their visual seem a bit iffy at times (sometimes they see you no matter what and sometimes they are blind.) Artefacts are quite annoying and seem to only appear (for me) where there are military buildings (I have experienced them in Balota and Stary Sobor.)

Otherwise I'm quite happy with the update and I'm looking forward for a fix to the artifact issue.

Pressing F5, waiting in vain to see the miraculous thread "Hotfix Build 1.7.2.5 Rolling Update" to fix the huge amount of artifacts i'm getting all over my screen.

Please, Jesus. Fix this.

• Like 2

tl;dr:

I think Zombies still are a bit deaf (I'm fine with that tbh) but their visual seem a bit iffy at times (sometimes they see you no matter what and sometimes they are blind.)

I agree, something's screwed up with zombie sight.

If you're prone you're safe from even close distance, but the moment you go even into a crouched stance it's like some beacon appears above your character.

My experience so far with 1.7.2.4:

Tents still eating our gear after server reset. Everything is updated properly server side.

Desynch issues seem more prominent now. The couple occasions where I've logged off for x amount of time and relogged have produced items in my inventory that were previously dropped. In one case other items that were left in my inventory purposefully when logging out had disappeared in order to make space for items previously dropped but then reappeared.

Vehicles have so far seemed to save properly.

Can't comment on graphic glitches and artifacts just yet as I have only been around generally low pop areas without barb wire spam (Novy sober/ Gorka)

Zombies being able to hear gunshots again is a welcome change. However, I am of the opinion that the new LOS mechanic implemented on zombies is a little broken. It is now virtually impossible to sneak through a town properly, and IMO its pretty dumb when you're 500 meters outside of town and a zombie you couldn't even see comes sprinting at you from town.

This coupled with gun nerf by Bohemia creates an environment where looting a town has become a marathon run through all of the buildings with a zombie train behind you. This is bad news for a avoiding pvp for obvious reasons. Please note that I think the gun nerf is fine. I don't care about that. If I recall correctly, 1.7.1.5 was the last version where, once again, in my opinion, zombies worked. They had a good balance of sight and hearing then. Not sure why theyve been tweaked so much.

Last thing I'd like to mention. To all of you morons running through the forums and trolling everyone who has an opinion. I hate you. I get having a little animosity towards someone bad mouthing rocket directly. But when someone has an opinion about game mechanics or a new implementation, there opinions should be welcomed. This is an open forum and I assure you the devs look at the opinions and partly shape their choices based on what the majority has to say.

Seriously, unless rocket himself kneeled you down, tapped a sword on your head and proclaimed you dayz policeman, just stfu. I have no idea where you fucks got your sense of entitlement. YOU gtfo. You are just a big a damper on the community as the "rocket just epic failed" crowd.

Edited by mynameiismud
  • Like 4

Tents are still fucked -- still multiplying, and still emptying out. FYI.

I lost a fucking mountain dew due (lol) to my whole tent emptying. Had lots of car parts gone too, so I'm fairly confident no one stole EVERYTHING....

RIP mountain dew, you will be very, very missed

I lost a fucking mountain dew due (lol) to my whole tent emptying. Had lots of car parts gone too, so I'm fairly confident no one stole EVERYTHING....

RIP mountain dew, you will be very, very missed

I can also confirm that our tents with IDs of over a million are not working properly. They sometimes save the odd item but most of the time they don't save anything we add.

"* [FIXED] Infected cannot hear weapon firing (now they actually hear again)"

Does this mean they CAN hear weapons firing? You kind of said they can't and then they can all in one sentence.

Does this mean they CAN hear weapons firing? You kind of said they can't and then they can all in one sentence.

It's like this -> Problem: Infected cannot hear weapon firing (FIXED)

He even added after that "now they actually hear again", so yes, it means they CAN hear a weapon firing now.

That's what i understand from the sentence anyway, lol.

Wherever the idea came from to disable the RESPAWN button, well, I can honestly say it is by far the worst "update" to ever happen to this mod. The game has now become even more of a running simulator, and anyone who spawns in Kamenka knows what I am talking about. In my opinion, it greatly ruined much of the enjoyment I had playing this mod. Go ahead and give me that "Well now you have to care if you die!" bullshit, or, "It's more realistic, go back and play Call of Duty if you want it easy." garbage. I have been playing this mod almost since public release, have NEVER played Call of Duty, and can honestly say I have had a great time with it up until this patch... Removing the option to respawn was completely ridiculous and I bet has a lot of impatient people (if they haven't already) quit the game and wait for The War Z. When removing the respawn button, you should have at least gave us an option to choose where we spawn... "It's not realistic..." isn't an excuse... Zombies are also super-human now and can view people from across the city, guns aren't as powerful... Personally, I think with every patch released, the game becomes more and more broken and bullshit. I am almost on my last leg for patience with this mod...

not an intelligent speck of anything here. just more bitching...
  • Like 2

Go back to call of doody, world of whiners or battlefail 3 and take your casual baddies with you

lol

Dude i played full loot games when you didnt knew how to start a computer. Its just a annyoing useless feature...

These kids nowadays think theyre hardcore cause they played a mod with permadeath for 1 month

• Like 2

I have to post again to tell you Developers how retarded it is to disable the respawn button.

Just annyoing and time intensive for players!!!

Fucking sons of whores!

I want to play a game to have fun and not to spend around 30 minutes with trying to respawn and then be in kamenka again for the 3rd time but my friends are in solnichny! WTF??

Do you use your brains ?

this isnt supposed to be fun, fucktard.

its supposed to be hard.

you think boot camp is fun? learn the goal/point of what you are doing before you choose to do it.

<-----------back of the line

This means: The bug "Infected cannot hear weapon firing" was [FIXED] - so now they actually hear again.

Last thing I'd like to mention. To all of you morons running through the forums and trolling everyone who has an opinion. I hate you. I get having a little animosity towards someone bad mouthing rocket directly. But when someone has an opinion about game mechanics or a new implementation, there opinions should be welcomed. This is an open forum and I assure you the devs look at the opinions and partly shape their choices based on what the majority has to say.

As I recall from one of the interviews, Rocket has a vision for the mod and welcomes suggestions - but as I recall he makes the decisions, not based on popular view but for the core concepts of the game (survival being the first and foremost).

Seriously, unless rocket himself kneeled you down, tapped a sword on your head and proclaimed you dayz policeman, just stfu. I have no idea where you fucks got your sense of entitlement. YOU gtfo. You are just a big a damper on the community as the "rocket just epic failed" crowd.

Kinda swings both ways, eh? There aren't that many trolls, but there are a lot of people with controversial opinions. Perhaps you disagree with them, but surely they have the right to their opinion just like you do. And who are you to tell them to shut up, did rocket dub you dayz policeman?

• Like 1

I agree, something's screwed up with zombie sight.

If you're prone you're safe from even close distance, but the moment you go even into a crouched stance it's like some beacon appears above your character.

Don't know if you read my entire post but as I said there, even proning won't help at all times. I got detected whilst prone by a croucher a few feet away (nothing really wrong with that) but only a few minutes prior to this a crawler went right by me, brushing against my shoulder AND taking a bullet in the ribs without noticing me at all.

Kinda swings both ways, eh? There aren't that many trolls, but there are a lot of people with controversial opinions. Perhaps you disagree with them, but surely they have the right to their opinion just like you do. And who are you to tell them to shut up, did rocket dub you dayz policeman?

Perhaps you misunderstand. Here's an example of what I feel is detrimental. Person #1 "I don't like not beinging able to respawn, it takes a half hour to get to my buddies, and there are workarounds anyway so I fail to see the point". Person #2 " Gtfo call of booby noob" that's not an opinion that person # 2 has expressed there. That's an ignorant self entitled prick thinking he's king hard core survival sim player who probably has fantasies about Rocket being his bestest friend in the world. That provides no value whatsoever except to spam the forum and create an environment where opinions aren't welcome.

My opinion.

• Like 1

After having played 1.7.2.4 for two days (server and client 95417) here my conclusion.

First of all: Thank you, rocket, and your team for this great mod, have been playing nothing else the last 10 weeks or so. Great stuff!

However, 1.7.2.4 has some serious issues, each of it gamebreaking:

1. tents

The tent I own was set up 2 weeks back with 1.7.2.3. It was a nice tent, being able to dupe stuff. Made the game kind of boring, so I was really looking forward to 1.7.2.4. Well, the tent does not dupe stuff anymore, that's fine. Instead, no matter what I remove from this well equipped tent or what I add: After server restart it will return to the same content it hat before the 1.7.2.4 update. Pretty nice since it contains decent stuff, but a serious issue. I am not afraid to die. Once I reach my tent, I have all the goodies you can possibly think of. Very boring.

2. graphical glichtes

I never had any before. With 1.7.2.4 I do quite regularly, whenever I look into a direction with military content like soldier bodies etc.. Observed this in Stary, Green Mountain and NW Airfield. Very annoying, and tempering with the video options or restarting Arma 2 sometimes work, sometimes not. I was unable to find a pattern so far.

3. desync

With the desync between hive and my inventory I am actually capable of duping anything. There are no boundaries. Third issue which is truly game breaking. This needs ot be fixed immediately!

There is just no point for me to do anything or go anywhere. All I want I can create on my own, without any hacking, just by exploiting. Although I know it's a sandbox game and all and I need to use my creativity to make the game fun all by my self, which has been fine for the last 10 weeks or so, I just see now point anymore to start the game at all.

So here is my proposal. Since I am definately not the only one having figured out how to dupe items like hell (can tell from the other players I see running around, all with shiny NVGs, Rangefinders, AS50, Coyote and stuff), we need a cut here:

Fix the issues, so nothing can be duped anymore. Once this has been achieved (better sooner than later), remove all tents and cars from all servers. Reset everybody's gear, let everybody spawn at the beach with nothing, just like they died.

From my perspective, only this way the game will become fun again. Until then, you will lose a lot of people out of boredom, and the rest will suffer from the sociopaths, now with unlimted supplies, playing duck hunt with the unknowing at the coast.

My 2 cents.

Edited by VFR
  • Like 2

The first rule of dayz forum: DO NOT get attached to your opinion.

Most of the time it will be a redundant piece of shit anyway.

Tents are still bugged - I didn't have a chance to check mine out fully, because I set it up on the wrong server, packed it back up, went to the correct server and poof, it was gone from my inventory (and the server which I put it up on)

Not sure about vehicles, but the one I found a few hours before the new update disappeared.

Also the graphical glitches that everyone else has been talking about, occurred @ balota airstrip today. Whenever I glimpsed at the airstrip, the screen turned into a frenzy of fucked up shit.

Finally, when I put on my ghillie suit it replaced the suit in my inventory with civilian clothing, but I was still wearing civilian clothing. It also still temporarily resets your stats till you disconnect from the server when you put it on.

we have just got our server running up-to-date, cant say it was smooth, but we are loading in ok,

the first thing that hits me is the horrible graphical errors, i am at the nwaf and cant see anything,

is there any fixes or things i should do? as currently it is unplayable

You haven't been updated. Because the update with the weapon nerf was from BIS for all of ARMA. So, the mod took the update as well. I was playing last night for 7 and a half hours with my team and it is still 4 body shots to kill a Zed with a 1911.

So exactly what update haven't I , Commander or SixUpdater applied?

Battle eye updated, installed 95389, playing on 95389 servers i don't see what else can be updated....

Played on 60 player server, its just sucks!!

-its takes 10 minutes to login.

-huge delay, zombies and loot spawn with delay.

-debug monitor disappears.

-my character been killed and died only after 1 minute!

-my character also killed once and when respawnd had all gear (death not registered)!

-not seems like zombies hear my shots

-artifacts!! impossible to play! after this 1.7.2.4 patch!

-some loot still spawns in the air...

as less players playing on the server as faster its works and lower delay.

when I logged into 5 players server its was fast.

its sucks!

Edited by DooM4MR
  • Like 1