rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.4 Rolling Update

Not worth updating. Waiting for the next

Care to elaborate on exactly why?

People like you spam up these threads and waste my time. Please provide feedback with such extreme statements

• Like 3

I must give props to certain player groups.

Since the latest patch, I've come across someone using barbed wire to PK. Best grief I've ever had yet the most fucking lamest.

I hope this gets fixed, as I'm running all the up to date software for the game and all of my drivers are too date :/.

beta 95417, dayz 1.7.2.4, server cz01 / cz02

Getting bad artifacts in Chernogorsk and Balota. I was able to town it down a bit with setting video memory to highest,then back to default,but they were still there. My buddies got it definitely worse, almost unplayable for them in some places.

My friend has told me that he can 1 shot zeds to the body with 1911 though!? He has 1.7.2.4 as well and should have also latest beta and official 1.6.2 too

Both cz01 / cz02 had bugged loot, I saw axes and crowbars everywhere + backpacks but not much else. But that might have been problem with these servers specifically (maybe needed restart or so).

Could not give transfusion to my buddy although he gave it to me like an hour ago. All I got was "inspect body" although my buddy was alive ofc. Not sure if it was just a lag, because I was inspecting dead player like 30 mins before that.

Players tried to axe me on two different occasions,but thats problem of human race, not this mod/game :-D.

My friend got axed twice when he was alt+tabing, I was able to avenge him once though eh.

Found ghillie suit,gave it to friend and he could wear it without any problems so far.

I'm not surprise anymore unfortunately. This is the same thing that happened last time and the time b4. I would say that the most braking game thing atm, alpha/mod/testing whatever you wanna call it is : the graphical glitches near any military structure, military tents and camps, barbed wire etc. You would think that after so many "bug report" that has been submitted related to that you would see an answer from a dev, or rocket himself why not, or somebody else that can say something on the line of "we have been seeing your reports and we are taking an action towards solving the problems starting with... blah blah blah" . But the reality is that it doesn't exist a timetable for this. It's a bit of a peculiar project if i may say. And lacking a bit of communication for things that matter. None the less i still like it and wondering where it could go. This is from a arma 2 lover btw, since day1.

You Sir just need to learn how to read.

Once you have done that, you can go there and see for yourself what the devs do for the community:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/49740-graphical-bugs/page__st__20__p__476890#entry476890

Then your posts will be of possible use for anyone. At the moment they aren't.

Only problems I've had so far are getting put into the Wildeness on spawn. Luckily the feature they implemented made it so i respawned in a new area with all my gear. So not too big of a deal other than getting put into a random spawn area.

In my oppinion, the despawning/not syncing tents and vehicles are the most horrible issue with that patch! Pls hotfix it quickly

I started playing on v1.7.1.5 and zombies have always been much faster than me. How do you think they can try and melee you over and over when they are chasing you? They catch up to you, stop to swing, but by then you are out of range, so they run back to you (catching up to you) and swing again and the process starts again.

Well yeah I mean they've run fast in the previous versions but this seemed even faster than before.

Also can't WAIT to see what data rocket collects on alt-F4's. I was just at Factory getting car supplies on my new 2ndary "home" server (my main home server just updated to 1.7.2.4 a little bit ago so decided to have a 2ndary home server just in case, never hurts!) anyways there I am just crawled in the back way through by the pond, deciding which building to start looting first when I'm blinded by a flashlight sweeping over my area (NVGs + flashlight = me blind) and see another guy running around the area, He points his flashlight over me again blinding me again and I take shelter behind a building for a moment, but I caught a glimpse of him, Czech pack, looked to be winchester rifle, well all of a sudden his flashlight disappears and I type over direct that I'm friendly and won't shoot...no answer, go looking around and he aborted/alt-F4'ed out because he saw me. Wasn't even going to shoot him and he even had the jump on me if he wanted to shoot me!

Edited by kicktd

Well yeah I mean they've run fast in the previous versions but this seemed even faster than before.

Also can't WAIT to see what data rocket collects on alt-F4's. I was just at Factory getting car supplies on my new 2ndary "home" server (my main home server just updated to 1.7.2.4 a little bit ago so decided to have a 2ndary home server just in case, never hurts!) anyways there I am just crawled in the back way through by the pond, deciding which building to start looting first when I'm blinded by a flashlight sweeping over my area (NVGs + flashlight = me blind) and see another guy running around the area, He points his flashlight over me again blinding me again and I take shelter behind a building for a moment, but I caught a glimpse of him, Czech pack, looked to be winchester rifle, well all of a sudden his flashlight disappears and I type over direct that I'm friendly and won't shoot...no answer, go looking around and he aborted/alt-F4'ed out because he saw me. Wasn't even going to shoot him and he even had the jump on me if he wanted to shoot me!

Someone suggested some sort of piece sign. I used "surrender" once because there was a guy at Ballotta and I had no weapon or anything. He let me live and allowed me to gather some loot before I moved on. In your case some sort of piece sign would have worked too.

Once I waited for some player so I can steal his backpack and some other player spotted me. He layed onto the ground like he wanted to open fire. I opened fire on him and killed him with a M14. Than I discovered that he was unarmed. I never want to kill unarmed players, but his behavior was some sort of hostile for me. A piece sign would have saved him.

There was another guy who had an M14 as well and I was for sure in easy kill range. He must have heard the shots from me and a friend against Zeds. So he was next to our new base... He didn't opened fire. We starred at each other for some time until I elaborated that this wasn't my bud laying in the bushes. I opened fire on him, because I panicked. A piece sign might have been his rescue. I had no idea if he was friendly or not. I had no headset and typing would have made me a standing target.

This guy was strange anyway. M14 as well. GPS, DMR.... This guy was very well equipted. I don't understand why he didn't tried to kill me on sight. Too well equipted for a survivor if you ask me.

Well anyway. I use the "surrender" body language from time to time and it works! Too bad that I had to assign it to a new key before it could actually work. I would love to see something easier implemented in the game. Here is a video about it:

We need something. I was on my home server and it was 3 vs 1 (me being the 1) and I could have easily of head shot each one of their guys at least 2-3 times each, instead I slowly approached and was typing over direct comms that I was friendly and if they needed any supplies (I would have gladly given them anything they needed) I even put away my main gun and just had my pistol out, announced I was friendly and that I was coming up the stairs and if they could type in direct comms, well I see a guy coming down the stairs as I'm going up and he gets in a corner and just decides to cap me in the head. So yeah they missed out on getting all 3 of them equipped (playing solo = me hoarding tons of stuff lol) but I knew the risk and they probably thought I was lying and was out to kill them. Not crying over dying it's all part of the game, but hell even if they were bandits (didn't look like it, they didn't have hardly any good gear at all just your usual gathering stuff) they could of told me to piss off or something banditry like lol. At least I didn't chicken out and Abort/Alt-F4.

Oh well brought a moment of excitement to my living in the woods life :P

Edited by kicktd

Is it me or did this update make the zeds run FASTER than you can? I was heading out of a town, out of site of any zeds, bushes blocking the view back towards town (couldn't see any town buildings anymore due to the thickness of the bushes, was about 150m from the town at that point) out of no where I heard the zed screech as I'm standing up running (not crouch running), ear only 1 bar, visual 3-4 bars anyways I see this zed flying up through the bushes faster than I've seen zeds move in the past I was running trying to lose him but he was running a lot faster than me and was closing the gap FAST. It's almost like he was on warp speed or something but definitely running a lot faster than my char could. Wonder if this is intended to add more difficulty or just a bug in the zed behavior?

Anyone else experience super fast zeds with this patch?

yeah, if they aggro, they catch up to you no matter what. then they pretty much match your speed, so it really doesn't matter much if you're standing or crouch running. I think it's easier to lose their LOS when crouch running

1.7.2.5 is being worked on this week to address issues in this thread.

• Like 8

i noticed that i start bleeding on every first infected hit.. seems that bug is back.

1.7.2.5 is being worked on this week to address issues in this thread.

Nice to hear that! It's gonna be a hard week without military loot =D

So, after how many disconnects will the Hive detect and kill you character for disconnecting?

I don't mind the new patch, but If i was to be picky I do think the zombies do agro alot easier and the pistol nerf is a unrealistic, but its an alpha, so i dont complain I just play :)

Apparently having a main rotor into your main inventory will make a joke finding a (repaired) chopper (it works only with ones with a main rotor already repaired) KM's away.

maybe new suggestion ) make people tired from running and when zombie chases you he can get you, it adds some caution, because now people don't give a f*ck about zombies at all. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

So, after how many disconnects will the Hive detect and kill you character for disconnecting?

No. They're just gathering data so it works when it IS implemented.

I'd like hotfix for the glitches bug, waiting for a week is way too long.

• Like 1

I have played for hours and never seen any glitches. I wonder why this would be?

But i agree with you, a week is to long to wait for a fix for people who play the game everyday.

I'd like hotfix for the glitches bug, waiting for a week is way too long.

Find something else to do?

People really expect instant results, these days.

• Like 1

I haven't experienced any "spawning-to-wrong-place", "lost-my-stuff" or similar after patch -bugs after updating DayZ, has worked like a charm from the version 1.7.1.5. Servers load my character faster and faster compared to my first games in old versions when it often required 2-4 minutes to load my character.

Only bad thing I have noticed in 1.7.2.4 is increased amount of graphical glitches (someone uses name artifacts?) like mentioned in previous posts (caused by dead "static" soldiers, barbed wire), our group was at Green Mountain tower and three out of four saw that glitch (at the tower and near barricade) caused by corpses from over hundred meter away. I have seen that glitch in previous mod versions as well now and then, but far more often now in 1.7.2.4. Dunno if this is mod or driver related.

And oh boy, zombies are real trouble now but it's a mixed feeling as it's not clear whenever zeds see or hear player - shooting a zed while one quite near to it wont react, next time in a same situation a horde appears. We had to shoot couple of zeds in a cowshed and those few shots we fired with pistols aggroed about 25 zombies from buildings about 100m away. Combined with rebalanced ammo effect which came in 1.62 patch + lag effect in hits... well, I was nearly out of ammo after that event (one kill required 2-3 hits with AKM...). It looked cool though, firestorm from AKM, AKS-74 Cobra, CZ 550 and M16A1 cutting down hordes of zombies at the entrance.

Edited by Kuikka