rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.4 Rolling Update

1.7.2.4 introduced random glitches around military areas for me, unfortunately they are not reproducable. Sometimes they're there, I log out and back in a different server an hour later and there are no glitches. Balota, Berezino, NWAF, Stary. Never had these issues under 1.7.2.3 -- but ARMA also was updated a couple of times since then so it may be related to that.

Win7 x64, ATI Radeon 7800.

Same deal. Logged back in on a different server (after a crash on the original glitchy one) and everything is A OK. Must be server side.

At the risk of generalizing, Chimaera, most likely to kill other players.

You are probably correct though, unfortunately by having this attitude they most most of the thrills this game gives.

Dont get me wrong we have a stash as well but we were operational before going back there.

Though, I may be unfair on this statement, most likely so they can defend themselves from other players.

I don't think you can ultimately, someone will always get the jump on you.

We got killed near our truck last night, don't know how he managed it we jumped and stayed behind the truck my m8 was prone nr front bumper angling for a shot and he was dead one shot.

I was behind vehicle and was seemingly shot through the vehicle?

Either way we both died and had to start again.

Thats DayZ i guess

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, but it seems that raising your aintialiasing gets rid of the "glitches" in the bigger cities and stary.

From diable to very high have cleared all glitches for me.

Might wanna check that out whomever is having that problem.

So, is it good enough or still ironing out major bugs?

Remember this is still ALPHA, dont play this if u expect to play a "game".

Yes its Alpha but its just getting worse with each new patch that been released!

no one even read the suggestions (I mean Dev team)!

no new features!

and the game is just unplayable! strange zombies, lags, artifacts, etc.

playing on 60 player servers just sucks, lags, delay etc, 10-15 minutes wait time for login!

I think this patch should be rolled back to 1.7.2.3 or release some fix or something...

as there is no (at least I didn't saw) any performance improvements!

Yes its Alpha but its just getting worse with each new patch that been released!

no one even read the suggestions (I mean Dev team)!

no new features!

and the game is just unplayable! strange zombies, lags, artifacts, etc.

playing on 60 player servers just sucks, lags, delay etc, 10-15 minutes wait time for login!

I think this patch should be rolled back to 1.7.2.3 or release some fix or something...

as there is no (at least I didn't saw) any performance improvements!

Seems like the vast amount of players getting involved with the MOD are the reason for a lack of development.

With servers being full to the brim, more problems are popping up, and older problems/things that were going to be implemented have to take a backseat.

Patch seems really good so far. But it seems now that trees allow you to hide from zombies, making it VERY easy to avoid them.

Although i like the line of sight mechanic we still have the problem where being stealthy is now actually a disadvantage. Your much more likely to survive if you just run full pelt and lose them.

Currently they are either at full agro and chasing you or just stopped and idle. So you run from a ravening horde of zombies, dive round a tree and look back and they are just milling around like nothing happened.

To easy and doesn't feel right to me.

Please where are my choppers :(

Can someone answer the question? WE WANT TO KNOW THAT!

Patch seems really good so far. But it seems now that trees allow you to hide from zombies, making it VERY easy to avoid them.

Although i like the line of sight mechanic we still have the problem where being stealthy is now actually a disadvantage. Your much more likely to survive if you just run full pelt and lose them.

Currently they are either at full agro and chasing you or just stopped and idle. So you run from a ravening horde of zombies, dive round a tree and look back and they are just milling around like nothing happened.

To easy and doesn't feel right to me.

Yeah, and running with a long tail of zombies is not at all an obvious marker for a sniper/bandit.

On most servers I join now there is a 10-15 minute wait just to get in. This is getting longer each patch and it does kind of kill the game slightly. Have massive artifacts around army areas like everyone as well, 580gtx

On most servers I join now there is a 10-15 minute wait just to get in. This is getting longer each patch and it does kind of kill the game slightly. Have massive artifacts around army areas like everyone as well, 580gtx

I haven't confirmed it yet, but I hear that the newest beta patch fixes that. You can grab it here to check: ftp://downloads.bistudio.com/arma2.com/update/beta/ARMA2_OA_Build_95417.zip .

To clarify, im referring to the artifacts.

Edited by mammalsauce

those gaphic-glitches must have something to do with the memory of graphic-cards.

temporary solution; turn video memory to any other configuration and then back to default and those glitches are gone! but they'll come back any time :D aarrggh just like those zombis!

Can someone answer the question? WE WANT TO KNOW THAT!

I eat them

You still cant run away from Zeds to escape, Zeds still can see you through the walls, Zeds still can spawn close to player area (less then 5 meters).

You still cant run away from Zeds to escape, Zeds still can see you through the walls, Zeds still can spawn close to player area (less then 5 meters).

Zeds are fairly easy to lose, really. Run into a building with two doors, through bushes or conifers - or simply do a Benny Hill routine around a single building.

• Like 1

I haven't confirmed it yet, but I hear that the newest beta patch fixes that. You can grab it here to check: ftp://downloads.bistudio.com/arma2.com/update/beta/ARMA2_OA_Build_95417.zip .

To clarify, im referring to the artifacts.

i run with the latest beta patch. still artifactial 3d mesh occurs.

i tried latest nvidia beta drivers. maybe it fix it but i cant confirm since i get kicked to desktop bug every 10 seconds with it...

some say also changing graphics video memory in options to default or any other option may fix the bug completely or a bit just test all options for little help. i can confirm it.

restarting the game completely also helps sometimes. i can confirm that.

still it sucks around while playing and alot of ppl have thoose problems and cant get rid of it fully. this is annoying atm yes. test all thoose 4 points. thats all you can do.

Edited by Kabs

Hello i want to giove feedback.

This is the bades patch i saw till today in this mod.

1# handguns are now completely useless and some rifles nerfed to much

2# zombies again hear you from miles away.

3# zombies spawn permanent whoe zombie population of 1 town runs to you after 1 nerfed bullshit gun is fired.

4# lags are back not playable

5# BUG is there if you drop you backpack i will be lost.

6# there is a server message that always tells al players " Original games wont degrade " ------serious i always write behind that "True Original games get downgraded by Original-hotfixes"

I know its a alpha (sure no beta) how it is now.

I give you an idea what would be good to change again.

Put back all weapon settings from patch before!

Change the inventar view of the backpack

Revert the zombie settings to the patch before.

--------------

one good thing at least has come with the patch.

Ghuli suite is back GOOD...affected with still a bug but...ts...

Thats it with this last patch you will see the ammount of players will get lower now cause fun is gone fun is gone with 2023millions of zombies and you with winschester with 30 bullets left....in the top of the barn shooting the whole population, dont mind about players that now will battlelog permanent. This patch teaches now all players it is better to battlelog to keep the character alive.

i dont know who wrote this settings into the patch, but i prefer to kick his arse out of a flying plane.

the Fun is gone with the mega sensible zombies and the ultra loud winshester 1866 which actually fires a .44 bullet that does not have the same noise range as an Lee Enfield with his large hunting-bullet ... wtf is wrong with you guys...know the difference and revert the gun settings.

thats the feedback of one random player which stop telling friends about this game till a better patch.

bb i will never watch this site again, no need to answer me or comment i wont see it anyway i close this window and will follow sixupdater status for new patch that increases the funfactor and not the shitfactor

bb

btw

i never had thos 3d mash errors before this patch...omg wtf you doing

Edited by iltisfahrer
  • Like 2

that visual glitch happens for me only there, when wire fence is collisioning though walls

and the weapon damage was updated from arma2 itself, not to blaim dayz!!

would be enough to reduce the blood level of zeds, its a bit more interesting in pvp now

Edited by mdevch

This patch is getting closer to pure, unbridled awesomeness.

I think the weapon nerfs are pretty great; you either waste lots of ammo taking the zombies down, or a single headshot... much like pretty much every zombie film (excluding 28 days).

Would it be so cruel to go all the way and make it so with the assault weapons too? =)

Patch seems quite nice so far; apart from the artefacts on the barbed wire.

Have had a couple of deaths/broken bones/unconscious & bleeding from squeezing past other players; specifically on stairs.

Yeah this would be great if the zombies weren't totaly borked so it's just nonsense. Patch is a disaster because nothing is fixed except red yellow chains and the gameplay is even further hampered

• Like 1

Zombies spawning to close to players currently. I've had several pop in right in front of me or even better right behind me.

• Like 1

I played 1.7.2.4 last night, three hours before and two hours after a server reset.

I was initially kicked by that BattlEye error, but I relogged and from then on everything seemed fine, and non-laggy too.

I did notice something odd, after the server reset I still kept finding tons of crappy loot (empty cans and such), there seemed to be more of it than usual. I seached a couple of supermarkets and Devil's Castle.

Also, did the number of zed spawns drop or am I imagining things? Their numbers seemed lower than usual.

mdevch said:

"would be enough to reduce the blood level of zeds, its a bit more interesting in pvp now"

I think it's the other way around. I like the zeds being harder, but pvp is silly. No one should be able to take an entire m1911 mag in the chest without dying.

Lowering player health would be a good fix.

Edited by Max Planck
  • Like 1