electroban

Hello! Noobie grief.

Hi there forumz, i recently made a thread about how Dayz is crap cos the engine and stuff. But I slightly rescind my crapping out on it, as the recent update has made the game from unplayable to semi playable.

And it's been great so far! However I, Im sure we've all seen this thread again, but, i was like crawling around this place with aload of red cross tents and some serious road kill going along the road near it. And im climbing up a ladder after sneeking past a tonne of zombies, i was actually marvelling at my own stealthyiness, i mean yeah granted it took me 30 mins to crawl all the way here but hey man its worth it. Infact in one of the tents theres a stack of ak-47s and i cant pick them up, thats some serious cock teasing.

Anyways so I'm climbing up this ladder, and i get shot in the back. WTF? I didn't do anything to this guy whats his problem. Don't call this realistic unless everyone playing this game is a raging psychopath and thats what they wud do in real life. I even loaded up as a chick skin so maybe people would go easy on me. So he shot me in the back, and probably looted my corpse which had, some flares.

Also whats with the chat in the game? Theres no global IM chat? wtf. I like to play games like this as a lone wolf and i feel like as soon as i get bit i may aswell respawn cos of bloodpacks. I don't want friends in this game i want to be a lone wolf and i cant give a blood pack to myself so what the fk meng?

/rant

da25e412_that-post-gave-me-cancer.jpg

What was the point of this post? You started by saying the latest patch improved gameplay, and then ended with crying over bloodpacks. Try to be constructive.

Also, nice spelling bro.

Edited by JayMeHD
  • Like 3

You should use Medics. We'll come and dig you out of a hole, patch you up and then you can carry on as if it never happened.

u can use cooked meat to replenish 800 health (u get it from the animals but u need matches wood pile and hunting knife to get and cook the meat) also u get 200 from canned food.

i agree this game is a bit sided towards kill on sight but unfortunatlly thats the nature of the internet..... 15 year old geeks that get bullied at school exacting revenge in an artificial body they are not ashamed of.

but i mean my mic is so crap i cant even be like "HEY MAN STOP SHOOTING AT ME WTF" and i cant use a global chat cos i dont think there is one

It's a pvp game. You got spotted by another player and pvp happened, problem? Why were you climbing that ladder in the first place? It seems like a silly thing to do if you think about how many different kinds of guns can easily pick you off like that.

What makes this game interesting is that you could have gotten spotted and pvp might not have happened but you really shouldn't have assumed that's going to be the case. Getting a working mic might help a bit. I know I would be less inclined to shoot somebody if they said something like "hey don't shoot me bro!"

Edited by Original_Jack

I even loaded up as a chick skin so maybe people would go easy on me.

Lolle'd

Same thing happened today for me:

Spotted some Chick with an M14 [i had an AK-74].

Started to empty a mag in her chest; failed and she ran behind an large propane container.

Sat around the corner about to approach her position when she decided to climb the ladder directly behind her.

WTF.jpg as I was emptying my mag in her chest.

Lesson?: Don't climb ladders unless you scout the location for a good minuet [and never while under fire].

Edited by Alfwich

Anyways so I'm climbing up this ladder, and i get shot in the back. WTF? I didn't do anything to this guy whats his problem. Don't call this realistic unless everyone playing this game is a raging psychopath and thats what they wud do in real life.

I believe this more and more every day, and it has nothing to do with Day Z either.

At which point of an apocalypse simulation is it realistic to KOS?

Because teaming up and fighting against the real enemies (hint: Zombies) is what real people would do.

Hierarchies would built up and fighting each other e.g. good guys who believe in morality vs bad guys who just want their needs and need to team up to fight the bad guys

what we are seeing at the moment is just an FPS with some additional features, sorry but this isn't what DayZ wants to be

Anyways so I'm climbing up this ladder, and i get shot in the back. WTF? I didn't do anything to this guy whats his problem. Don't call this realistic unless everyone playing this game is a raging psychopath and thats what they wud do in real life.

Welcome to real life,

We humans are one hell of a fucked up species.

Deep down inside each one of us, there is a psychopath just waiting to get out!

Edited by BoomStick

... those KoS-players will eventually get the clue that this game doesn't reward much to their behavior and will leave for their usually played FPS-games.

I refuse to be turned to asocial playstyle by these guys and still won't shoot anyone first (only defending my life, but no pre-emptive strike).

And no, DayZ is no PvP-game, it only has the option to kill players too, but that is a difference some may never understand.

• Like 2

It's a fantastic deathmatch type game. Deal with it or don't. You die, you respawn, you get gear, you battle it out, you die ... etc. Slow deathmatch right there. Survival simulation you say ? Where ? Hatchet, matches, knife, canteen => immortality in the mountains. As a bonus you find ALL these things in the first 15 minutes of spawning and much more, like .45 Colts and AKM's ... etc while the zombies just buzz around you being annoying but not even remotely challenging. Military gear is at every corner ... Sometimes there are no people at NWAF to battle it out. What else am i supposed to do except hunt everything that moves, i kill zombies, goats, cows, players, boars ... not bunnies tho, i never kill bunnies. I roleplayed for awhile but it got old fast because the world itself poses no dangers, only the other players. But the point is that it's fun. Slow deathmatch where death is actually a setback is fun.

If you are going to play "lone wolf" style then I suggest you take your time more (the 30 min to crawl somewhere was boss, bumb rushing the ladder is where you screwed the pooch dude). Sometimes you have to hold still for quite a while to be sure there's not a sniper watching you. Glad to see you are sticking around. Give it more time and I'm sure you'll do just fine

It's a fantastic deathmatch type game. Deal with it or don't. You die, you respawn, you get gear, you battle it out, you die ... etc. Slow deathmatch right there. Survival simulation you say ? Where ? Hatchet, matches, knife, canteen => immortality in the mountains. As a bonus you find ALL these things in the first 15 minutes of spawning and much more, like .45 Colts and AKM's ... etc while the zombies just buzz around you being annoying but not even remotely challenging. Military gear is at every corner ... Sometimes there are no people at NWAF to battle it out. What else am i supposed to do except hunt everything that moves, i kill zombies, goats, cows, players, boars ... not bunnies tho, i never kill bunnies. I roleplayed for awhile but it got old fast because the world itself poses no dangers, only the other players. But the point is that it's fun. Slow deathmatch where death is actually a setback is fun.

Your opinion whats fun =/= my opinon whats fun =/= everyones opinon whats fun

Yes you describe the problem of the horror "survival simulation" very good. It's only at the beginning hard, when you get used to it you have to nothing else to do besides killing others. Some stick to this and do it all day - others just stop playing.

• Like 1

You know you people screaming about being grieved haven't a clue. You are all to soft! If a player kills you or/and says something mean to you that is not grieving. Now if they stalk you nonstop, killing you repeatedly, hack your acct, steal your shit, and then continue to make your online life miserable... then come calling grief! FFS I remember in the early days of mmo's when "griefing" actually meant something. Now a days everyone is to damn sensitive. So effing what you got killed and looted! Don't cry about it... get even!

Adapt or Die.

Love Pendragon

Infact in one of the tents theres a stack of ak-47s and i cant pick them up, thats some serious cock teasing.

Your post is whiny and nonconstructive, but I know what you mean about those f-ing AKs. First time I went into those tents I spent like five minutes trying to click on the damn things.

• Like 1

You know you people screaming about being grieved haven't a clue. You are all to soft! If a player kills you or/and says something mean to you that is not grieving. Now if they stalk you nonstop, killing you repeatedly, hack your acct, steal your shit, and then continue to make your online life miserable... then come calling grief! FFS I remember in the early days of mmo's when "griefing" actually meant something. Now a days everyone is to damn sensitive. So effing what you got killed and looted! Don't cry about it... get even!

Adapt or Die.

Love Pendragon

So Bandits with 60+ Kills are?

Campers are?

FFS I don't want to be in a kill or get killed situation with every survivor i see, i don't want a f'kin Deathmatch FPS, I want a HORROR SURVIVAL SIMULATION where I have to build groups with strangers in order to survive. Surviving is a joke at the moment, i go to the central of the map loot matches,knife,hatchet,canteen and a pistol and i'm done surviving

Your opinion whats fun =/= my opinon whats fun =/= everyones opinon whats fun

Yes you describe the problem of the horror "survival simulation" very good. It's only at the beginning hard, when you get used to it you have to nothing else to do besides killing others. Some stick to this and do it all day - others just stop playing.

Well don't get me wrong, i would also get into the survival thingy and like it but there is no support for that so you stick to what you got, which is well ... a slow deathmatch. And you either find that fun or you don't. There's nothing in between really. I would have nothing against PVE servers with insanely many zombies where only headshots count or blowing them to shit, the rest just slows them down for awhile. In that world a small group of players would be very lucky to get away with some loot from a small village. Cities would be lol unless you march a whole damn army in there.

I should note however that those should be separate servers so i can play both styles if i like them both.

So Bandits with 60+ Kills are?

Campers are?

FFS I don't want to be in a kill or get killed situation with every survivor i see, i don't want a f'kin Deathmatch FPS, I want a HORROR SURVIVAL SIMULATION where I have to build groups with strangers in order to survive. Surviving is a joke at the moment, i go to the central of the map loot matches,knife,hatchet,canteen and a pistol and i'm done surviving

Bandits with 60+ kills are player killers and apparently good ones.(or Alt F4 cowards)

Campers are retarded idiots who need to prey on weaker players. Get a gun, flank um and they'll Alt F4 out. Just camp away from their position and they'll be back.

I have had no "bad" encounters with fellow survivors, I avoid, observe, and then control the situation. Does this mean I havent been tricked? No! I saved a guy I stalked for a 1/2 hour from an axe murderer in Vybor, bandaged, blood transfusion, gave him my M4A3 since I had access to another. He shot me in the back as I departed. He seemed like a fellow survivor, he turned out to be a piss poor bandit! I would still do it again tho. If you are acting like a like minded player I'll help you, but if you shoot at others, I'll kill you. Never just go up to another player without getting a judgement of their character.

" I don't want a f'kin Deathmatch FPS, I want a HORROR SURVIVAL SIMULATION where I have to build groups with strangers in order to survive." This can be achieved in DayZ, again you need to build a camp solo, stock it, unequipped everything you own and "test" people. If they pass you run with them more, if they fail you lose nothing but what you gathered, After awhile you'll have a small squad who you can run with. But with that said every game with a PvP system is in essences a Deathmatch game. (btw this isn't even a game yet! its an alpha mod)

" Surviving is a joke at the moment, i go to the central of the map loot matches,knife,hatchet,canteen and a pistol and i'm done surviving" If you feel that way then my friend no this isn't the title for you. Actually you just started surviving and now the question is for how long?

I bet this is going to end up with "this is JUST a PvP deathmatch and if you take away the zombies this game won't change at all and it's basically just Arma2"

So he shot me in the back, and probably looted my corpse which had, some flares.

Perfect use of the comma.

Edit: Failed quote.

Edited by Pickbo