TFCxAddict

One of the most startling/shocking moments of my DayZ career

Alright, this was absolutely insane.

I join a server with 4 people in it.

I'm in Cherno, in one of the apartments, and I come back into the game RIGHT next to another player, and take them down with my AKM because in Cherno, nobody is friendly. And they had an AKS-74 Kobra which can obviously take someone out in a second or two.

So, why is this "insane"?

Think about it. There are over 200 kilometers of space to roam. There were 4 players in the server. What are the chances that I happened to be in the same apartment, the same floor, the same room, and even pointing in there direction? Craziness.

By the way, since I felt bad because it was crazy unfair, I didn't take any of their stuff. I was actually so surprised by it that I logged out and posted here.

Just as an addition, has this ever happened to you? Is this really that rare to happen or what?

Oh yeah, and if the person I killed sees this, sorry D:

Your stuff is in the same spot where you left it though :P

Edited by TFCxAddict

Try logging onto a server with one person on in northwest airfield, and being killed by a guy before my game even loaded -.-

Pretty likely to be in Cherno. I've had same kind of stuff happen to me plenty of times.

Edited by ODoyleRulez

Try logging onto a server with one person on in northwest airfield, and being killed by a guy before my game even loaded -.-

That sucks really bad... Well, I mean, one time (the first time I found a rifle), I was walking in a forest and I got teleportation killed, but meh. This one was just crazy. I was close enough that I could literally touch them xD

No one on. I just joined and then someone joins the next minute I hear a clip and I die. :|

You logged in inside an apartment building?

Server hopping. Cough.

The oth guys story:

I was looting In Cherno. I cleared this apartment building and starred checking what was there, then this asshole logged in behind me and killed me.

• Like 1

had two people log in behind me and just look at me/not load before I noticed them. scared the shit through me, so they died.

7 people on server, 2 were me and my buddy, the other five were a death squad we found in balota..yes it's weird but if you think you/we weren't in shakovka or gvodzno...

Server hopping. Cough.

The oth guys story:

I was looting In Cherno. I cleared this apartment building and starred checking what was there, then this asshole logged in behind me and killed me.

no care of you teak on story he wirte, i no undrstnd wyh u cume in heir an tink yuo be smrta, tardre -.-

Server hopping. Cough.

The oth guys story:

Server hopping? I haven't been on DayZ for around 17 hours or so, and I decided to hop onto a good server. If you're really the person, your stuff is perfectly fine sitting there. Hell, you're lucky I didn't make it all disappear so you couldn't get it back. Sorry again about it, but there's really no way to help it.

Was on a server with 8 people logged in including myself, in the middle of nowhere. I figure I'm safe. I run into a barn and start checking the floor for loot, look up, 3 people staring at me. "You are dead".

Spawned on the coast and ran into Cherno, almost shot some guy but let him go. Run into him a few minutes later and he found his 2 friends. "You are dead"

6 out of 7 other people on server in a span of 10 minutes, and they all killed me. .

Was on a server with 8 people logged in including myself, in the middle of nowhere. I figure I'm safe. I run into a barn and start checking the floor for loot, look up, 3 people staring at me. "You are dead".

Spawned on the coast and ran into Cherno, almost shot some guy but let him go. Run into him a few minutes later and he found his 2 friends. "You are dead"

6 out of 7 other people on server in a span of 10 minutes, and they all killed me. .

Wow... Unlucky day much...

Server hopping? I haven't been on DayZ for around 17 hours or so, and I decided to hop onto a good server. If you're really the person, your stuff is perfectly fine sitting there. Hell, you're lucky I didn't make it all disappear so you couldn't get it back. Sorry again about it, but there's really no way to help it.

Of course I'm not that person.

My point is that we see posts like that all the time.

People shouldn't log out in loot areas. Trust me, that person thinks someone hopping servers looking for rare loot killed him.

• Like 1

Approaching a deer stand in the middle of nowhere and the one other player on the server cuts in front and climbs up, middle of the night so he didn't see me. I fire, he logs, my play style changed for good.

Exactly the same thing happened to me once. However instead of shooting the guy right in front of me i just Aborted. The other guy was so startled he just stood and watched.

Exactly the same thing happened to me once. However instead of shooting the guy right in front of me i just Aborted. The other guy was so startled he just stood and watched.

Lol as we are both Aussies its not too far fetched to think it may have been the same encounter, as it was so dark Im not sure weather the other guy logged before or after I fired.

Seriously? You alt+f4'd?

Do us all a favor and stop playing.

4 players on the server +me, I was in supermarket in zielonogorsk, one guy was just next to me.

1 player on the server, I logged in barracks NW, just after loading screen vanished, 4 shots, 5cm next to me through the window

The crazy thing is, these types of things happen all the time, and you don't even have to be in a city or hot spot.... I've so many stories, mainly where I die, because the only people on the server are my friends and myself, and I walk right into that one poor soul who decided to either server hop or log in for the day.

In a pub in Cherno, nighttime. Only friends on the server at last check (maybe a minute and a half prior). I bolt up the stairs, turn a corner, get hit, spray back. You Are Dead.

Never let your guard down. NEVER. The moment you think you're safe in DayZ is the moment someone is going to take you out.

Last week I spawned behind a player, who looted a pile. It was no question for me what to do - I immediately logged out. I neverl kill people, because I hope that I will meet some time someone like me and have a great coop experience. It cannot be only me in the game who reacts this way. (I will kill in self defense though.)

I've been in Rog(Castle in middle of nowhere) and met another player in a server with 2 other people O.o

I actually logged in at cherno inside an apartment i logged out in from last night-server had less than 10 players and what are the odds of when i spawned i heard movement,i look up and i get a bullet to the face by a girl?

Of course I'm not that person.

My point is that we see posts like that all the time.

People shouldn't log out in loot areas. Trust me, that person thinks someone hopping servers looking for rare loot killed him.

Who cares what other people think. What is this? A popularity contest?

• Like 1

Stop server hoping for gear and that wont happen.

• Like 1