Teldrius

Worst Game Experience ever

I Hate When People Complain About The Fact That The Game Is "Too Hard" But Didn't Realise Its Just Them Who Suck's So Much They Can't Play The Game Without Dying. And Then They Start Whining On Forums, Instead Of Trying To Get Better At It.

Instead Of Whining Try To Get Better At The Game And Watch Tutorials FFS!

Ps: Your Tears Are Delicious! mmm....

This must be the title of a book because everything's capitalized.

I just read this post for the first time and felt I had to chime in. I just started playing about 5 days ago and experienced the long loading screens and many glitches. I also have died a good bit. On days 2 and 3 I got the hang of being able to gear up decently enough and even found the data base map online which hugely increased my productivity and survivabilty. On day three I joined a group, got a group server, and have never looked back. I now can even tell where I am at along the coast from land marks and the sort. I am even starting to learn some inland cities pretty well. Day Z in my opinion is one of the greatest games ever made hands down. I have been gaming for around 30 years now so that is saying a lot.

I do not know another game that actually lets the player feel actual dread, remorse, fear, and accomplishment as Day Z has been able to create. It is day 5 for me in Chernaus and I have a L85A2, Bizon PP-19, and a tent full of cooked meat and other goodies. So what I am saying is if you put forth the effort and time to learn to survive in Day Z, the reward will be just!

• Like 4

This must be the title of a book because everything's capitalized.

I just assumed it was a new best seller. I mean, with a title that long it must be an important thing to read.

Goodbye teldrius, thanks for your money from buying ARMA 2 OA, that'll help in the development for ARMA 3. Now GTFO.

Edited by Eddie Silver
  • Like 1

I just read this post for the first time and felt I had to chime in. I just started playing about 5 days ago and experienced the long loading screens and many glitches. I also have died a good bit. On days 2 and 3 I got the hang of being able to gear up decently enough and even found the data base map online which hugely increased my productivity and survivabilty. On day three I joined a group, got a group server, and have never looked back. I now can even tell where I am at along the coast from land marks and the sort. I am even starting to learn some inland cities pretty well. Day Z in my opinion is one of the greatest games ever made hands down. I have been gaming for around 30 years now so that is saying a lot.

I do not know another game that actually lets the player feel actual dread, remorse, fear, and accomplishment as Day Z has been able to create. It is day 5 for me in Chernaus and I have a L85A2, Bizon PP-19, and a tent full of cooked meat and other goodies. So what I am saying is if you put forth the effort and time to learn to survive in Day Z, the reward will be just!

I agree with this completely. I say that also as a 30 year gaming vet.

This is my second week playing DayZ. Probably logged... 20-30 hours. Died probably 15 times for all sorts of reasons...most of which were mentioned above until I learned to avoid those situations.

My only point to make here is this:

I heard about DayZ from a friend, I read about it online, got a raging hard on at the thought and rushed to Steam to buy Arma 2. (haven't even tried arma 2 vanilla, but i'm stoked to eventually play it)

Logged in- died like a noob. Instead of flaming about it here's what I did.

I started trolling forums. I went to youtube and watched the how-to's, I went on Arma 2 and played the bootcamp for control basics. I have,honestly, spent more time researching and learning about this game than actual play time. Sounds ridiculous? Yeah, probably. But guess what, it paid off.

Now, I know what to do and what not to do. I know where loot is or where it should be when I haven't even visited that spot before.

I know to be sneaky at all times, discharge a loud weapon only if I absolutely have to. (pro- tip, jumping fences will ditch zed easily- it's almost a joke. I'd like to see scarier Zed.)

It's the learning curve of this game and it's merciless necessity to know what you are doing before you actually do it that appeals to me. PC gaming>console gaming, this game just further separates the weak willed from the strong. It's a mentality, get into the immersion of this game. I'm a total nerd about this shit and now i find myself walking IRL thinking.... I bet I could hole up in there and find supplies... shit, that pond is a good source of fresh water...I wonder where I could obtain a winchester in this town....

You really can't compare this game to any other. I like Rocket's quote on it being an anti-game. Nothing makes me scream FUUUU harder than 3 hours of belly crawling for awesome loot to only get shot in the back by a PK'er. What do I do? I learned my lesson and I check my six every time i stop moving. I stop moving swiftly, using trees at all times when I can.

Take a deep breath- DayZ is worth the patience...

EDIT: TL;DR

Don't rage- just engage (your google search engine)

Edited by NukeLord

Saw this thread and wanted to try to explain what I think the OP doesn't get.

DayZ is loved for the experiences that are created within it and the intense emotions linked to these experiences. The two hours you spent crawling with a busted leg were rendered pointless because you quit. If you had persisted, crawled to a hospital and managed to patch yourself up it would have been a truely memorable gaming moment - one that you share with friends years from now. How many of those have you had in other games? I still fondly remember the first time I was killed by a player in UO back in 1997.

The key to these intense and memorable moments is all the crap you have to endure to find them. Have you ever watched a graduation ceremony (high school, college, doesn't matter)? The ones that seem to be the happiest are the ones that had to put the most effort into it. It's the single moms, the ones that busted their asses for a C and the ones that came from nothing that appreciate it the most.

It looks like War Z also misses this concept completely, btw.

TL;DR The unique experiences of DayZ are the best part but only because you have to wade through so much crap to find them.

• Like 3

hahahaha...hahahaha xD I dont have this game yet, but I will and believe me, I will definitely survive more than u! xDxDxD :D :lol:

Nothing personal ok? :)

Edited by TxShack

Stuff

Can I have your bandage, flashlight and painkillers before you go back to a game without any risk/reward balance?

*JERRY CANS AND BROKEN LEGS*

Artifacting forced me to close the game and log back in. When I cam back in my jerry can had copied itself and replaced my MORPHINE and PAIN KILLERS. 10 minutes later a zombie knocks breaks my legs and gives me the shakes in one hit......... I was on 12k blood, alone near Kamenka with the best gear you can get...

BUT I FOUND A BICYCLE and rode all the way back to my base (with broken leg) HAH!

• Like 1

hahahaha...hahahaha xD I dont have this game yet, but I am,believe me,a fulltime moron.iksdee iksdee iksdee :D :lol:

Nothing personal ok? :)

Nothing personal,just fixed that for you

Long story short, this game is shit, and is definately the worst gameplay experience I have ever had.

I bought Arma2 specifically for this mod, and I am so bloody disappointed, I was mislead into thinking this game was refined enough to be worth spending money on.

I know its prolly been said before and its prolly too late to convince you to try again but heres a few tips.

Watch every youtube vid labelled "beginners guide".

They really teach you alot about how to deal with alot of primary issues and to understand what tools you will need to survive.

Use the wiki extensively,

Basically use it as a manual(work in progress) read it before you head in. Its not more then 1-2 hours of reading if you are actually digesting it and it will help you understand why you need the tools mentioned in the vids.

Actively learn how to read a map and your surroundings if you have not learned to do so in your life.

This is an essential tool that the generation before you learned. It is a real lifesaver most people dont even bother learning these days. For a game like DayZ. It is essential.

This game is so hyped up at the moment that people who tell their friends what the game is about never truly explain why the oh-so-rare perfect moments are so-perfect.

It is because this game requires you to learn. It requires you to think. To overcome. To manipulate. This is not a game you can dive into without prior research unless you are either a hardcore (oldschool) gamer, survival expert or ex-military. Because these people know that time and dedication coupled with rational and critical thinking will keep them "in the game"(Alive) the longest.

This is not a game for people who seek instant gratification cause the game simply isnt "ready" for that. Too many bugs. Too many hackers. Too many exploits. However from what it sounds like to me these werent the issues you were having. You were having basic issues that most veteran DayZ players wont even bat an eye for.

I am not trying to be condescending or patronizing but if I do come across as such I do apologize. I hope you will heed my advice and give it another go. I would hate to lose players over this "instant gratification generation" bullshit.

*JERRY CANS AND BROKEN LEGS*

Artifacting forced me to close the game and log back in. When I cam back in my jerry can had copied itself and replaced my MORPHINE and PAIN KILLERS. 10 minutes later a zombie knocks breaks my legs and gives me the shakes in one hit......... I was on 12k blood, alone near Kamenka with the best gear you can get...

BUT I FOUND A BICYCLE and rode all the way back to my base (with broken leg) HAH!

Next time drop the jerry cans as your first action.

This will sometimes return items that are stuck in "limbo" offscreen.

However if you do anything other than dropping the item like shooting, eating, drinking, opening your backpack etc. It wont work.

I tried sneaking, I tried crouching, been there done that. On the time with the broken bone, I managed to get a weapon and some supplies, only to have my leg broken when I tried to kill that first zombie with ma hatchet.

And for the record, I don't even like CoD.

and why the hell did you approach the zombie trying to kill it with a hatchet? is that what youd do in a post apocalyptic world? pick fights with the first zombie you seen, once your armed with the mighty hatchet? before you even found food or drink or medical supplies? im glad it broke your legs.

• Like 1

This is my second week playing DayZ. Probably logged... 20-30 hours. Died probably 15 times for all sorts of reasons...most of which were mentioned above until I learned to avoid those situations.

My only point to make here is this:

I heard about DayZ from a friend, I read about it online, got a raging hard on at the thought and rushed to Steam to buy Arma 2. (haven't even tried arma 2 vanilla, but i'm stoked to eventually play it)

Logged in- died like a noob. Instead of flaming about it here's what I did.

I started trolling forums. I went to youtube and watched the how-to's, I went on Arma 2 and played the bootcamp for control basics. I have,honestly, spent more time researching and learning about this game than actual play time. Sounds ridiculous? Yeah, probably. But guess what, it paid off.

Now, I know what to do and what not to do. I know where loot is or where it should be when I haven't even visited that spot before.

I know to be sneaky at all times, discharge a loud weapon only if I absolutely have to. (pro- tip, jumping fences will ditch zed easily- it's almost a joke. I'd like to see scarier Zed.)

It's the learning curve of this game and it's merciless necessity to know what you are doing before you actually do it that appeals to me. PC gaming>console gaming, this game just further separates the weak willed from the strong. It's a mentality, get into the immersion of this game. I'm a total nerd about this shit and now i find myself walking IRL thinking.... I bet I could hole up in there and find supplies... shit, that pond is a good source of fresh water...I wonder where I could obtain a winchester in this town....

You really can't compare this game to any other. I like Rocket's quote on it being an anti-game. Nothing makes me scream FUUUU harder than 3 hours of belly crawling for awesome loot to only get shot in the back by a PK'er. What do I do? I learned my lesson and I check my six every time i stop moving. I stop moving swiftly, using trees at all times when I can.

Take a deep breath- DayZ is worth the patience...

EDIT: TL;DR

Don't rage- just engage (your google search engine)

I wish more people were like you.

omfg i am angry, all these people see popular youtubers play dayz they think its cod buy the damn game get on and without even trying to play get owned bitch complain qq in forums about shit no one cares about, oh and asshole here is a tip loot big towns and military bases for shit zombies cannot get u on piers, u can lose zombies by going in a house and leaving out other door

I remember when L4D came out, or was announced first. I thought: hey, this could be a great zombie game. When it arrived, I played with a gamer friend, who also plays CS a lot. I found myself chasing zombies, instead being chased. I ran through environments without even taking time to appreciate the work done on them, or exploring the whole of it. Scary moments were scarce and only smoke and mirrors. You didn't feel like risking something, you felt like you had been stupid and someone else came to save you, anyway. Most of all, it felt like a computer game that throws enemies at you in waves and at trigger points.

That is totally different in Dayz. Even how the zombies walk around when they didn't yet spot you, is amazing to me. They do turn and seem to somewhat adapt to get in your way, but it is never totally "in your face - I am walking to cut you off now!". It's subtle. Everything in the game is more subtle and solemn than in any other game I have played.

How players behave is more a social experiement than a game mechanism. The whole thing adds up to being a real community driven experience. No "go there, to get 100 points, reach 200 points to receive bigger bagpack". There are no games out in the wild like Dayz. That's why it is loved and hated so much. Hardcore gaming is back - and it is even better this time!

Rocket said about Dayz, it isn't the most original idea. That a lot of people have thought about a game like this. In fact, I have too when I first played GTA. However, ingenious about Dayz is perhaps not the idea it is based on, but it's the way it is played and the impact it makes on the player. It takes balls to make such a bold decision towards player freedom and hardcore (punishing) gaming.I think a lot can and will be improved and the game takes a lot of patience at first. I also think there is nothing I'd rather play.

Btw - I played L4D for a week and sold my copy to a friend of the friend. They went on to play the sequel and tried to convince me about how much better it is. They just never understand that it wasn't the game I didn't like. It was how the game treats its core concept of the apocalypse that didn't appeal to me. I don't want to be running around, laughing my ass off at the situation I am in.

Edited by S3V3N

I think too many people watch end gaming videos of Dayz on Youtube and then join expecting that right off the bat. You have to earn it here, it's a struggle and theres difficultly but once you know what you need the mod becomes extremely easy to survive. I do have to agree with the meeting up with friends. I'm 100% for insanely hard difficulty, but I want to experience that with my pal. Instead we're stuck running across the map for 45 mins to meet up everytime something happens. Dayz includes a great amount of challenging situations that require patience. However, finding each other isn't so much of a challenge, just a lot of downtime running through fields and forests towards each other. We (and I've noticed other folks as well from online videos) spend most of our time chatting to each other over our mics while we play alone.

These type of players are why games like ... World of Warcraft are so easy now, they cry because it's too hard and after ... 5 tries they still can't do it. This is a hard game and thats why it's a good game, I have died so many times, and I don't care, if i die then i try again everytime I die i learn more, i learn what cities are dangerous, how to out run zombies, what items i need to survive, what servers are better. And all this is why I will eventully be a decent player, right now I am average, but that doesent bother me.