Teldrius

Worst Game Experience ever

go play minecraft and build yourself a home to cry yourself to sleep in at night. advanced simulation games must not be for you.

Edited by sickest
  • Like 1

-I expect the status to wear off instead of crippling the gameplay.

-I did google a map -.- take the time to read please, it should still be provided, or at least be able to join with a friend.

-I was being chased..... Didn't have no time to bandage, or are you unable to put two and two together?

-I did run into a building. It didn't help.

-I fail to see how the first zombie I encounter breaking my bone was my fault.

-I bought Minecraft in alpha. It was worth it.

-And yes, the zombie did spawn directly infront of me as I was running. Popped right into my face, so clearly, it wasn't all fixed.

In a realistic game you expect it to "wear off"?

LOL, go back to CoD or whatever game out there that has "wear off injuries", broken bones that heal in a few seconds or minutes.

You want to be able to join with a friend. Whining again.

Just use that map you googled to navigate by landmarks and countour elevation lines, no problem. Oh wait, I guess you were expecting a mini-map with a little arrow showing you where your buddy was? That is what makes this game GREAT! That you HAVE to learn these things to find each other and always have to be thinking if you don't want to die or get lost. Again, this game seems not for you.

If you ran into a building and it didn't help you were just doing it so wrong there is no point trying to explain. Clearly you talk overblown crap and exaggerated all of your times etc, including this.

Going into a building makes the Zombies stop for a few seconds at the door and then move VERY slowly into the building. If you went out the back or just ran out past them around the corner you'd lose them. But of course you never really tried did you?

If you are being chased and need to bandage, run into building (see point above). Zombies cannot catch you, the run faster and catch up but have to stop to hit you. You get inside, bandage and then....see point above again.

The zombie you encountered first that broke your bones was your fault entirely. If you don't understand why yet, then you havne't played the mod long enough to have any credibility to say it wasn't. Unless you mess up real bad, they shouldn't hit you. Just run indoors...or zig zag through trees or a forest and keep going. They get lost very easily.

You bought minecraft in Alpha? No you didn't. Again you lie and exaggerate. Minecraft did not charge money ANYWHERE for alpha.

I can suggest a few games you might feel good playing and not be all "butthurt" as folks these days like to describe the cognitive state you seem to be in.

Enjoy those other games.

Edited by Slyder73
  • Like 1

I call you "Low skilled trash" and "useless noob" sir.I my self had probs at start but i over come them and here i m now captain of 3 members squad, AS50-NVG-RangeF-Guille S.

I would never go cry at forums for things like that.Whinners like u make overall games worst not only DayZ hope u burn in hell.

Wow thats harsh! The guys simply complains about a computer game and you want him to rot in eternal torture? This kind of thing is why i want to stay away from these forums, its not a helpful community just mostly dicks like yourself who hide behind a monitor and username. Now not all are dicks i acknowledge alot are helpful people but the dicks like yourself makes it that much less enjoyable to be part of it. Every thread i see someone like yourself telling others to basically f*** off, i hope your mummy is proud of you...

You bought minecraft in Alpha? No you didn't. Again you lie and exaggerate. Minecraft did not charge money ANYWHERE for alpha.

actually, Classic (indev and infdev too, i think) was free, but Alpha was 10 Euros (half price)

I suppose, though as a dev you want more players, even on a free mod it means higher chance for donations.

I don't mind the difficulty, I mind the frustration. If a games hard, fine, again I play games like Dark Souls and such, and for all the "Go back to CoD" guys out there, I don't even like the game. I very rarely play any shooters at all -.- I wanted to play this because it looked brutal and fun, a new experience, then when I give it a shot I get lame, frustrating, and unreasonable.

and for the whole realism argument, how does that even make sense? since when does one shot of morphine cure a broken leg, or prevent you from limping?

Its obvious you don't like brutal games,

This one isnt for you, trust me, if you think broken bones should heal over time then just leave now. You aren't gonna like this because what you see as frustrating i see as pure entertainment.

I define love as making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an SVD and NVG.

I also enjoy the fact the very same could happen to me, some of the funnest times in the game for me have been when i get my legs broken and i still somehow against the odds survive. I never feel safe, and that's the realistic aspect of the game, the risk of losing what you have at any second!

So go back to Dark Souls, that game is for pussies.

btw, beans to anyone who got that reference : )

Edited by BoomStick

I agree its creates tension in the game which is fitting but when its tension made by players who kill for no reason (don't even loot your corpse) it just doesn't make sense and doesn't add to the immersive feel that the mod is good for. I'm all for hard gameplay and brutal sandbox that this game is and the feel of not being able to trust anyone. But if its mindless killing then why not go play COD or Battlefield or whatever shit takes your fancy. The reason why people kill others for fun in a zombie apocalypse sim just doesn't make sense, theres FPS for that! Go play that instead!

Now if you killed me because i was a threat or i had gear you wanted i shrug my shoulders and say "fair play" and try again. If i die with no gear and i was even trying to be nice to the person then i rage, assholes.

Yes, there are bugs. Yes, the game can be frustrating.

When I started this game I was whining and frustrated that you don't start with a weapon of any kind. Avoided Zeds because of the ONE time I tried to sneak past them, they saw me and killed me.

So I wandered around the wilderness and checked every deer stand for weapons and food and stuff. Eventually found myself an AKM, frag grenades and enough bullets to waste a whole town.

I also stumbled across some barns, supermarkets and villages. Never had to shoot ONCE. So the irony of finally having a weapon is: you really really don't want to "have" to use it. Sure you feel safer... but shooting attracts zeds and therefore you'll have to spend more of your limited ammunition. And ammunition is essential for surviving because the worst thing you can attract isn't the zeds, it's other players.

So I walk around the landscape very proud of myself (getting a little careless) and then what happens? I get shot and lose everything.

So what was it worth, running around for about 8 hours and eventually losing everything and having to start over?

Well, after I respawned it took me only 10 Minutes to find a weapon and supplies. Because after my first try I knew where I had to look and how to sneak past Zeds.

I knew that I had to move with more caution and that I should always be aware of my surroundings. Etc.. etc..

So now I'm stuck in cherno, near starving and trying to find something to eat and not get shot by a player or eaten by a zed. ^^

But it's exciting and unlike anything that I've experienced in any other game.

This game get's increasingly enjoyable the more experience you gain by doing the classic "try and error".

Losing gear isn't very dramatic because you can get your stuff back quickly.

The experiences you make in this game can very well be dramatic and that's what's fun about this mod.

• Like 2

well i would feel sorry for you but you whine way too much. I myself was a bit dissappointed/frustrated lastnight as i specifically bought arma2 just for this mod, HOWEVER, after sulking for 5 mins, i gave the game another go.

My first game consisted of - 2 hours running around in the woods/fields, no weapon, no food, no water. Died from a shot to the face from a player who was being chased by at least 5 Z's..... great start.

second game - lasted all of 5 minutes, ran along the coastline, got attacked by 2 Z's, tried running away, only into another bunch of Z's..... had about 8-9 following me that i hadnt learnt how to avoid so i just gave up and let them kill me.

third game - created my character, loaded into the game, spawned on the coast. LITERALLY 2 SECONDS after i finished loading, a player ran across to me, and shot me..... didnt even have chance to open my bag and take my flashlight off my toolbelt, even after saying on direct coms that i had just spawned and had nothing.... he shot me mid speach.....

fourth game - i spawned a bit further down from where i had just been shot, ran straight into the woods, found a shack type thing with a hatchet.... bear in mind this was my first EVER find in DayZ i got kinda excited.... i tried chopping some wood and mid process i got shot in the back by the same guy who killed me last-time.... he obviously saw me spawn again.....

Needless to say i was EXTREMELY frustrated and wanted to break something, that one particular player ruined my gaming time lastnight but that isnt the games fault or the devs.... its that one person being a dick.

This game has ALOT of potential and while alot of it is still hit and miss and ive had bad experiences so far, im not going to let it ruin my chances of missing out on an amazing game. Just have a bit of patience mate, no need to come to the forums and start crying, you'l only brand yourself as a whiner :P

• Like 3

1) Do your homework. Find out how to play the game.

2) Team-up with someone who has played the game.

3) Start a post similar to this one to ask folks how to play the game.

------------------------------------

- Spawn-in, don't move, look around, and then head inland.

- If there is a zombie very close when you spawn in, drop the prone and crawl away.

- If a zombie is chasing you, do some research to find out how to loose a zombie

- Use a second monitor to view a the map with loot spawn sites highlighted

- Identify your location and determine where you want to go next and which areas to avoid

- Find a weapon, ammo, drink, food, etc...

- Link-up with an in-game character that already has the basics to survive and who can share some of their hard earned items

- Prepare yourself mentally to die. It is not the end of the world. Simply re-spawn and start anew.

- Learn, develop your in-game skills, strengthen your in-game character, and enjoy one of the best mods/games available

- If you are not having fun, you are not doing it right

Edited by sfscriv

So what? You complain because you failed ingame? Well, who didn't. What's my point? Keep going. However, it's for sure not a mod for everyone.

Yes, there are bugs. Yes, the game can be frustrating.

When I started this game I was whining and frustrated that you don't start with a weapon of any kind. Avoided Zeds because of the ONE time I tried to sneak past them, they saw me and killed me.

So I wandered around the wilderness and checked every deer stand for weapons and food and stuff. Eventually found myself an AKM, frag grenades and enough bullets to waste a whole town.

I also stumbled across some barns, supermarkets and villages. Never had to shoot ONCE. So the irony of finally having a weapon is: you really really don't want to "have" to use it. Sure you feel safer... but shooting attracts zeds and therefore you'll have to spend more of your limited ammunition. And ammunition is essential for surviving because the worst thing you can attract isn't the zeds, it's other players.

So I walk around the landscape very proud of myself (getting a little careless) and then what happens? I get shot and lose everything.

So what was it worth, running around for about 8 hours and eventually losing everything and having to start over?

Well, after I respawned it took me only 10 Minutes to find a weapon and supplies. Because after my first try I knew where I had to look and how to sneak past Zeds.

I knew that I had to move with more caution and that I should always be aware of my surroundings. Etc.. etc..

So now I'm stuck in cherno, near starving and trying to find something to eat and not get shot by a player or eaten by a zed. ^^

But it's exciting and unlike anything that I've experienced in any other game.

This game get's increasingly enjoyable the more experience you gain by doing the classic "try and error".

Losing gear isn't very dramatic because you can get your stuff back quickly.

The experiences you make in this game can very well be dramatic and that's what's fun about this mod.

well i would feel sorry for you but you whine way too much. I myself was a bit dissappointed/frustrated lastnight as i specifically bought arma2 just for this mod, HOWEVER, after sulking for 5 mins, i gave the game another go.

My first game consisted of - 2 hours running around in the woods/fields, no weapon, no food, no water. Died from a shot to the face from a player who was being chased by at least 5 Z's..... great start.

second game - lasted all of 5 minutes, ran along the coastline, got attacked by 2 Z's, tried running away, only into another bunch of Z's..... had about 8-9 following me that i hadnt learnt how to avoid so i just gave up and let them kill me.

third game - created my character, loaded into the game, spawned on the coast. LITERALLY 2 SECONDS after i finished loading, a player ran across to me, and shot me..... didnt even have chance to open my bag and take my flashlight off my toolbelt, even after saying on direct coms that i had just spawned and had nothing.... he shot me mid speach.....

fourth game - i spawned a bit further down from where i had just been shot, ran straight into the woods, found a shack type thing with a hatchet.... bear in mind this was my first EVER find in DayZ i got kinda excited.... i tried chopping some wood and mid process i got shot in the back by the same guy who killed me last-time.... he obviously saw me spawn again.....

Needless to say i was EXTREMELY frustrated and wanted to break something, that one particular player ruined my gaming time lastnight but that isnt the games fault or the devs.... its that one person being a dick.

This game has ALOT of potential and while alot of it is still hit and miss and ive had bad experiences so far, im not going to let it ruin my chances of missing out on an amazing game. Just have a bit of patience mate, no need to come to the forums and start crying, you'l only brand yourself as a whiner :P

1) Do your homework. Find out how to play the game.

2) Team-up with someone who has played the game.

3) Start a post similar to this one to ask folks how to play the game.

------------------------------------

- Spawn-in, don't move, look around, and then head inland.

- If there is a zombie very close when you spawn in, drop the prone and crawl away.

- If a zombie is chasing you, do some research to find out how to loose a zombie

- Use a second monitor to view a the map with loot spawn sites highlighted

- Identify your location and determine where you want to go next and which areas to avoid

- Find a weapon, ammo, drink, food, etc...

- Link-up with an in-game character that already has the basics to survive and who can share some of their hard earned items

- Prepare yourself mentally to die. It is not the end of the world. Simply re-spawn and start anew.

- Learn, develop your in-game skills, strengthen your in-game character, and enjoy one of the best mods/games available

- If you are not having fun, you are not doing it right

all three of you, shut up and take my beans!

(three Seals of Approval at once, you guys just helped me break my personal record. to celebrate, more beans!)

uh, we'd better start handing out nosepegs...

• Like 1

Jester814 created a thread two days ago with a YouTube Tutorial explaining all you need to know about surviving (link to thread). Watch this and learn, then go back into Chernarus as an educated survivor.

You really should have done something like this after your first or second game - it's not difficult to Google "DayZ Tutorial"...

Oh, and give Jester814 some beans!!

Edited by 9littlebees

Boomstick, I highly doubt you're hitting any targets from 120km away hahaha.

Your right, it was 118.

Silly me, :P

I bought Arma2 specifically for this mod, and I am so bloody disappointed, I was mislead into thinking this game was refined enough to be worth spending money on.

Nobody mislead you. You failed to gather info about an Alpha stage mod (this should've rang some alarm bells) you were about to play. I reckon you can have a swell time playing Arma2: vanilla. By the way, all three examples are based of lack of knowledge and ingame experience, not due to lack of refining.

Give the game another go, it can only go uphill for you from this point. I had the same reservations you had when I started. It takes a healthy dose of stubborness to figure this game out.

**EDIT** seems I am ten pages late, wasn't aware there were already so many responses. Never mind.

Nobody mislead you. You failed to gather info about an Alpha stage mod (this should've rang some alarm bells) you were about to play. I reckon you can have a swell time playing Arma2: vanilla. By the way, all three examples are based of lack of knowledge and ingame experience, not due to lack of refining.

Give the game another go, it can only go uphill for you from this point. I had the same reservations you had when I started. It takes a healthy dose of stubborness to figure this game out.

I respect the fact that one of your only 2 posts was to insult me, I feel pretty special right now.

he is right you brony, accept the truth and move on

edit: lol @ 13 pages w t f

Edited by Azrail

This game Isn't for everyone.

You either have the patients to play or you don't.

Good luck with what ever you are going back to. =)

I'm about to be a new player (downloading now) after reading about the learning curve I took it upon myself to read up on the wiki, other pages and watched a lot of videos, now I've got a leg up on most noobs. I've got some friends that play as well, so it should be a fun time. The only thing I've been hearing about that irks me is hackers...ugh.

• Like 2

So to summarize everything...

• topic poster is retarded
  • does not know of the existence of google
  • has never heard of the word wiki before
  • left his common sense and basic intelligence in his mothers vagina when he got pushed out

I totally understand now!

Edited by Bulletproof Sandwich
  • Like 2

Only reason you PvPers are bitching and throwing out insults is because you don't want to loose your easy kills, noob players.

PvP is not a problem for me but iv have tried to get in to this game and i find it hard atm cos day 0 of the game i get killed buy sum punk prick, thinks its fun to kill and unarmed player

how about you let the new players through don't kill them, get a larger player base, form a clan and have clan wars, stop killing the games potential player base

end of the day it will be you running around board cos you killed off the game, (over time this will happen)

one situation i was in, i may of invaded a another players home/base without knowing, he caught me and killed me on site , how about have chat 1st instead of a kill on site attitude

if i did picked up anything he owns ill gladly give it back, but no i don't even get the chance

and my names got (friendly) in it FFS

Edited by Sircojoe

-I bought Minecraft in alpha. It was worth it.

Do you really not realise that you DID NOT buy DayZ but Arma 2?

So feel free to play some campaing or multiplayer in Arma2, that's what you have bought in the end if you find DayZ mod unpleasant.

Also there are several other mods for Arma 2, like ACE or Project Reality, they are also worth checking....oh and you have great editor as part of Arma 2, or you can download dozens of player created coop mission and stuff...

Oh damn there are TONS of things you can do with your Arma 2 that you have purchased other then playing one mod in Alpha stage and expecting miracles.

Edited by Hombre
  • Like 1

Zombies are soooo easy to loose, i dont get the issue.

I just ran with 3, ran into a bush and dived on ground, they gone, this works pretty much 100% guaranteed for me XD

That or cut a corner then another and dive on ground.

I have to agree. Whenever I find one chasing me, I use the 5 D's (Dodge, Duck, Dip, Dive, and Dodge) around a bush or two and by some sort of witchcraft, the zombies stop chasing me.