Suicide Mouse

The Moral Effect Theory v2.0

What about when the identification system works? There are several threads with this suggestion and it will probably be in the game at some point' date=' if only as a trial. I mean if nametags were removed and some more sophisticated system to "recognise" other players were to replace it. If you go nuts and murder people you will probably get a reputation as a murderer. If you're not good and never seen that is.

Then you could have some sort of face covering mask item that keeps you anonymous at all times. Of course you would look like a bandit and never ever be trusted. Balance that doesn't feel forced people, I love it!

[/quote']

Without side chat reputation would move very slowly.

Yes, that's true. Hmmm. But is that such a bad thing though? It takes a long time to get, and a long time to lose. A player has the same nametag several lives and deaths after all. Could be pretty hard to wash away a reputation as a murderer?

It'd a pretty unreliable system, you can't possibly remember random usernames that long and when you do meet such a person if there reputation is accurate you are probably already dead.

The game should leave the weight of a choice on the survivor mind only. (even if 99% of players are stupid CoD shooters)

Choices are hard to take and you never know if one of them will take you 6 feet under.

Just don't stat this shit to make player life easier. I want to be unsure. I want my actions to be

uncertain.

The game should leave the weight of a choice on the survivor mind only. (even if 99% of players are stupid CoD shooters)

Choices are hard to take and you never know if one of them will take you 6 feet under.

Just don't stat this shit to make player life easier. I want to be unsure. I want my actions to be

uncertain.

No, they are not hard to make. As it is right now, all choices can be made without even thinking.

It won't make anyone's life easier, only harder. And this is just the temporary solution until someone has the epiphany to fix it all without affecting gameplay.

But thanks for the negative rep based on "My opinion>your opinion" though.

The suggestion in the OP doesn't fix anything. Complex system that leads same results as the current "humanity". This is my main concern.

The main problem with as things are currently is the game forcing player to a certain playstyle. When I have met survivors trust has ALWAYS been non-issue. I've never been shot at by a survivor in the wilderness and teamed up two times yesterday. As when I see a bandit skin I immediately get the kneejerk reaction of shoot-on-sight, which I, against the "game's will", have always regressed from and usually let bandits go even if I managed to find myself few meters behind one who was so engaged in sniping that he hadn't noticed me, this was purely to give a big "fuck you" to the system. The game really urges you to engage bandits(even the main page has the following "guide": http://i.imgur.com/JMNi3.png , which made me cringe.)

The "us against them" mentality stimulated by this system decides for you who to trust and who to not, who you should hunt for loot and who you should team up with for support. It's no wonder people are shooting eachother when the game basically screams at you: "It's cops and robbers, a full-blown team deathmatch fire at will!" Which is against the "spirit of the game" as I see it, a series of grave decisions.

Your suggestion pretty much enforces this idea of giving a "mold" for player to fit their playstyle in. It streamlines all the choices in to one big decision: "which class would you like to pick?" The rest of decisions are weighed for the procedure of the mold from there on. Going against the flow, even when it would feel only natural, is punished. I want a game where I have to make spontaneous decisions based on the immediate actions of other players. I may have to shoot one person just to happen to stuck travelling with another right after. I don't want to feel safe when I tag along with another survivor or see a survivor moving in nearby treeline, and I neither want to to be artificially encouraged to take the shot against an oblivious bandit who I happened to catch pants down in a bush. I want the fear, paranoia and my survival instincts to actually get to me.

Another notable criticism about the playstyle-forcing system we have at the moment, is the fact that they don't hinder COD kids and shoot-on-sight bandits, they could care less if their "humanity" or "predator" level lowers/rises this doesn't affect their gameplay significantly, amount of shitheads isn't lowered by any of these measures, but the immersed players have to pay gravely for diverging from the path the game has set out for you (i.e. killing to survive, for example) as when you have reached a bandit status you pretty much won't face anything but a bullet from fellow survivors.

To add to you psychology ramblings. Unlike in the movies killing is actually surprisingly easy and requires no great effort, though this varies from situation to situation and person to person. There is no universal mechanism which stops you from committing horrible acts, especially when your mind is engaged in "survival mode" where your life is on the line. Morality fades as the environment becomes more and more unforgiving. Overall I find your view on the psychology of killing to be quite naive.

The more restricted the gameplay mechanics are the less this is a sandbox survival and more of a zombie MMORPG DTM.