Sign in to follow this  

Increase view distance.

So wait. Even terrain render distance is handled by the server? I would understand that zombies, players and loot would be server side. But the terrain could just as well be local, doesn't hurt anyone but your own performance. :P

View distance is limited on the DayZ mod, because it's an unoptimized alpha mod. Where the zombies have way too much data (5 maps) on them to run smoothly. Rocket couldn't create new models with less skeleton etc, not his fault. It wasn't essential was it. You can bet the standalone will push it back to ARMA standards as they will compensate loads not having to run AI on troops. Bring the sickness!!!

Its the server Options, the admin will have to Extract the mission.pbo file and Extract it, then open it up and do the CODE for it, its not that easy.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've heard it said that this is due to ArmA 2 Free being used, instead of ArmA 2.

Well, I should have seen the OPs post date, didn't relise I was responding to a guy who resed a dead topic.

Edited by Theonis

This is done for purpose. Once a man tried to snipe me (I was running in Elektro unarmed). But because of fog I managed to flank him, take an ak-74 kobra from his backpack and put an end to his hunt. LOL

That must have been a pretty miserable player...

Yeah, it's locked in DayZ but IMO it stops sniper rifles from being completely overpowered and is a good thing, lol.

If they would introduce an anti wannabe sniper system ( min. wind effect, the more the merrier ) they can have 20km view distance, i don't care.