davidecibel

Just to make things clear - weapons nerf is not a DayZ patch.

It's an Arma II OA patch.

I'm trying to make this clear because there hare a lot of threads now, and a lot of people still say "dude, adapt, what they did to dayz is fine".

Now, if it made Arma II OA better or not, I do not know, as I don't play the unmodded game.

What is sure is that this nerf was didn't take DayZ blood/zombie system into consideration, and that system was balanced around the old gun values.

Hence, it was an accident, and it's bumming a lot of people out - apart from the realism issue (best example: M1911. I'm not a gun nerd, but I do know that a .45 bullet fucks you up) - these are the main problems:

Lone wolfing is almost impossible now: even the smallest mistake (or glitch) that makes you aggro more than a couple zombies at the same time forces you to run a marathon or get inside a building: a full mag is not enough to kill even 2 of them.

It makes it easier to alt+f4: -oh, you just emptied a full M1911 in my chest, at point blank range? No headshot, no problem. I'll just alt+ctrl+del away while you reload, because 7 .45 ACP bullets in the chest don't kill me.

Gives an insane PvP advantage to people who have uber high end weapon, hence making equipment more important than skill: "oh shit that dude is shooting me! LULZ WHO CARES let's just line up my 1-kill body shot - He has an AK, I can easily endure 4-5 bullets in the nuts"

• Like 39

Still doesn't change the fact it's rubbish, under powered guns, how life like.....why don't they just take out every gun in the game and give you an air rifle...oh wait, they just did.....

• Like 1

Must admit seems abit weird taking a full mag to the stomach and just walking it off with a bandage.

• Like 2

Lone wolfing is almost impossible now: even the smallest mistake (or glitch) that makes you aggro more than a couple zombies at the same time forces you to run a marathon or get inside a building: a full mag is not enough to kill even 2 of them.

It makes it easier to alt+f4: -oh, you just emptied a full M1911 in my chest, at point blank range? No headshot, no problem. I'll just alt+ctrl+del away while you reload, because 7 .45 ACP bullets in the chest don't kill me.

Gives an insane PvP advantage to people who have uber high end weapon, hence making equipment more important than skill: "oh shit that dude is shooting me! LULZ WHO CARES let's just line up my 1-kill body shot - He has an AK, I can easily endure 4-5 bullets in the nuts"

1. Well people were complaining about easy zombies, this now ups the difficulty if you can't 1 shot with a low noise gun. You just have to be more careful instead of sprinting through small towns and not caring around the zombies

2. Yes this will be an issue

3. If you find that rare weapon you should have some sort of advantage, but it's not like bullets don't do damage. A bullet can still break a leg and the person has to see where you're shooting from to shoot back which I find is 90% of the firefight in pvp

• Like 1

The whole zombies are easy thing is stupid. Zombies have always been about numbers a few zombies should be easy, if you engage zombies you give away your location I would say I spot playing 50% of the time cause I see the running zombies first. Anyone that has been playing the mob for more then a week should be headshotting zombies anyway with pistols.

And if you really dont like it go to a Veteran or higher server.

• Like 2

Well, given that the revolver/m1911 have unlimited ammo, I'd say they are still good weapons. Great, in fact.

• Like 1

u gotta shoot em in the head brother!! first rule in the book! lol!

gitrdone

• Like 2

At last game is now harder, we can again fear zombies, not like before, just one shooted them :P Now zombies became again problem, and pvp also will be more challenging than just winning, when you shooting first ;P You wanna kill fast players? Then aim for headshoots! Skilled players should like this new patch :)

• Like 1

Noobs still complaining and making even more threads, how nice. the 1911 and revolver were overpowered, they needed to be toned down. You should not be able to down a zed with 1 pistol shot unless it's to the head. Granted 3/4 shots for the 1911/revolver is excessive, 2 would make sense. Soloing is also still possible, I was doing just fine yesterday by myself. Maybe you should consider sucking less.

• Like 3

Well, given that the revolver/m1911 have unlimited ammo, I'd say they are still good weapons. Great, in fact.

Only if you can keep track of every six bullets you fire and find a way to perform the glitch without being attacked by zombies!

How do you get unlimited ammo for them? Or did you simply mean ammo for those are common?

Everyone eh? I had no idea about this until just now...Way to spread an exploit guys *slow clap*

I guess by everyone, you mean all the people who look around for glitches and exploits to give them an upper hand in the game... :P

Edited by Boneboys
  • Like 3

15 rounds from my MP5 to break the windows at the hospital today.

Are you really bothering to shoot them? Find a can, this is the hard part. Walk up to either end of hospital glass. Throw can as hard as possible. Glass will break. You will go deaf. Morphines for everyone!

Everyone eh? I had no idea about this until just now...Way to spread an exploit guys *slow clap*

I guess by everyone, you mean all the people who look around for glitches and exploits to give them an upper hand in the game... :P

Well known and used not really a big deal :s

So, 9mm no longer kills zeds on a headshot... And apparently the revolver won't either, if the zed is far enough.

I'm not sure if I like this... some rebalance is OK, but I feel this was excessive.

Hope I'm not necroing this too badly, but I can add that I have noticed the makarov in particular being extra shittastic. It used to be about 3-4 rounds to the body to down a zombie with it, but now it literally takes 8-12. I have not bothered shooting a player with the new makarovs yet, though.

I don't care if it's 9mm or .45 ACP. You can't instantly neutralize anyone with a body shot unless you hit their central nervous system or you convince them to be neutralized.

In real life, if you take a pistol round to the stomach it's not going to kill you immediately, regardless of the caliber. However you're probably going to stop doing whatever the hell you were trying to do because of the pain and fear.

In this game, you're shooting at zombies. Zombies don't give any fucks about pain. Zombies just want to eat you alive.

Realistically, you should HAVE to shoot for the head to kill a zombie… if zombies were real that is.

• Like 1

Eh, played all night. Gathered a ton of loot, killed ~75+ zombies, repaired a UAZ, stuffed it with gear... game seems fine.

M1911 mostly.

Seems like a lot of needless drama going around here.

• Like 1

I don't care if it's 9mm or .45 ACP. You can't instantly neutralize anyone with a body shot unless you hit their central nervous system or you convince them to be neutralized.

In real life, if you take a pistol round to the stomach it's not going to kill you immediately, regardless of the caliber. However you're probably going to stop doing whatever the hell you were trying to do because of the pain and fear.

In this game, you're shooting at zombies. Zombies don't give any fucks about pain. Zombies just want to eat you alive.

Realistically, you should HAVE to shoot for the head to kill a zombie… if zombies were real that is.

Sounds like you've watched way to many movies. Also they're technically infected, meaning they are still ALIVE meaning they would still die from wounds sustained not to the head.

Edited by osiriszoran
  • Like 2

heh I thought my friend was joking when he was complaining about how many shots it's taking his revolver to kill zombies. I assumed he was missing and trying to blame the game. Then I saw it happen over and over, and even had trouble with my 1911.

I've been wanting tougher zombies with less spawns. I'd like to think this was the beginning of that. :/

Sounds like you've watched way to many movies.

Yea, cause in movies people TOTALLY run around with a bunch of rounds in them. Most of the time, people die within seconds from shots to the stomach… faster if they're bad guys.

IRL, if you shoot someone with a pistol, and you don't hit the CNS or heart, they will still be physically capable of attacking you. Most people will choose not to continue attacking you if you've hit them directly, but that doesn't mean they can't.

Of course, if you hit an artery or knick their heart, they're going to die soon, but “soon” isn't the same as “now”.

Also they're technically infected, meaning they are still ALIVE meaning they would still die from wounds sustained not to the head.

I know that the infected are plague zombies (instead of undead zombies). They will eventually die if you hit them… but while they're still alive, they're going to continue attacking you. The point was that even though they're technically alive, they're not going to suffer the same psychological consequences as a normal person would. They don't care about pain, and they don't feel fear.

Bottom line: it shouldn't take only one body shot from a pistol to down a zombie. The change may be unintended, it may be bad for the game, it may be reverted soon, but it's not unrealistic.

• Like 1