Sign in to follow this  
SamboS1ice

Average life expectancy?

Is the average life expectancy still 49 minutes? are there really that many idiots playing this game?

I would imagine people spam respawning on the coast for a more desirable location would skew the results quite a bit.

this is the reason, people spam respawning to get the desired spawn location, drags the number down, and thats why its only 49 minutes.

my first 2 lives were trash.

1. I was just dicking around trying to learn the controls & zombies got me.

2. Was some good ole coast player killing.

But, 3rd life I'm like an easy 3 hours in.

That's why I kinda find it puzzling that its so low but, I guess that coast can be a real bitch sometimes!

It's been rumored that the respawns don't count towards times, however, the number is most likely skewed because of new players trying to survive, and those of us who run through Cherno with trails of Zed just for the thrills, only to be back on the coast again in half an hour.

If you take out people respawning it problem is around an hour, but I think noobs skew it too and people killed by bandits who like killing fresh spawns for teh lulz

Rocket did confirm that it only counts as a life if you live for a few minutes (cannot remember the exact amount of time), so people who keep hitting respawn are not counted.

I would imagine people spam respawning on the coast for a more desirable location would skew the results quite a bit.

This is going to be addressed in a future patch. The respawn button will be disable after your character is created.

My first life was about 30 minutes of swimming because I had no idea what I was doing.

Second life was about 15 minutes because of bandit camping the coast.

My best life so far was about 30 hours ended in me stubbing my toe and bleeding to death in the middle of the forest.

Today has probably been my best run in dayz so far. I have looted 2 helicopter crashes and been to the air field twice without dyeing...of course we killed a guy because most people at the air field are hostile. Probably been playing it for a good 4 hours so today my best so far.

This is going to be addressed in a future patch. The respawn button will be disable after your character is created.

I hope you can still hit respawn after you have been alive for a while. Sometimes, it's just hopeless and I'd rather just start over.

I hope you can still hit respawn after you have been alive for a while. Sometimes, it's just hopeless and I'd rather just start over.

It is being removed in the next patch, if you really must die you will need someone or something to kill you.

Realised the other day that I must be getting close to breaking a record. Up to 253 days alive. I usually play about 3 hours most days and stick to the midlands hunting and trying to find other players to help (or kill if they are hostile).

Is the average life expectancy still 49 minutes? are there really that many idiots playing this game?

I hope you're not serious with "are there really that many idiots" .. The reason people live so shortly is because other players kill them. No matter how careful you are someone will eventually spot you somehow and possibly take you out. Especially if they have a sniper and you don't.

I take a nothing to lose approach to the "getting started" phase which means I can cycle through 2-5 30 min lives before I get some moderate kit and start heading north.

All depends on how well I ghost through cherno/Elektro