Hashisx

Weapon Damage Nerfs

Adapt or die. Whether I like these changes or not they happened. If Rocket doesn't agree with them I am sure he'll adjust what he needs to in order to correct it. Everyone was saying the Zeds are to easy right? This does effect PvP in an interesting way, I am curious how it'll pan out. I'll keep surviving either way... or die trying!

• Like 1

I'm fine with how this affects PvZ, but in PvP people won't have a chance without military grade weapons, which is pretty lame.

This patch is a fucking joke

• Like 1

I just died because I had no idea about these :D I went to a place where I got surrounded by zombies, but I was sure my revolver would easily chew through one side and then let me clear theo ther side. Well, too bad, during reloads I got chewed alive since I had no idea I need to aim for head again.

Seriously, the nerfs are pretty bad. Pistols are now ridiculously bad against players - previously revolver and M1911 at least could easily kill someone, but now you'll need to empty a clip or two to a player to get them dead. Even worse are the nerfs to SMGs which are very underused already due to their low damage. I mean, you had to empty half a clip to someone even pre-nerf to kill them - compare that to about any assault rifle. I don't really see shotguns or Lee Enfield THAT commonly used that they really required nerf. But yeah, it's Arma2 patch, not DayZ patch.

Against zombies the pistol nerf is interesting though. Now the very common pistols, revolver and M1911, aren't the best anymore. Previously unless you found M9SD you pretty much used a revoler or M1911 thanks to the one hit zombie kills. Now the damage difference to the 9mm pistols is so low that you should probably just take one of those thanks to considerably bigger clips and lower sound.

Besides one shotting zombies makes them so much less threathening. Now only if escaping them by running was harder too.

Edited by Elmokki

Bwahahaah, oh my your tears are just so delicious! "Buhu i have to headshot zombies now"

Guys please, since when was headshotting not the name of the game in any zombie related universe? Geez, grow a pair would you?

Are people really this angry that you cant one shot people and take their stuff anymore?

Also, you guys are aware that a lot of guns "do the same damage" in real life because they have similar rounds and firing technologies.

Guns aren't like swords from World of Warcraft.

Finding a rarer gun doesn't let you kill people faster.

Are people really this angry that you cant one shot people and take their stuff anymore?

not too many people are complaining about how it effects pvp. plus all the snipers and US AR's weren't effected

Edited by daze23

ak47 deals lower damage then the M16?

here is the ultimate test !^^

btw i like the idea of lesser weapon damage it will generate better firefights.

but there is one thing that bothers me, headshots. if you shot 2 bullets in somebodys head he should be dead, doenst matter if glock17 or m16.

somebody got a damagetable for headshots?

Edited by samvero

I think people are expecting the guns in this game to be tiered like weapons in modern RPGs.

This is a sandbox, playing for longer shouldn't = stronger avatar.

ak47 deals lower damage then the M16?

the gun in game is the ak74. it uses a smaller round than an ak47. I think the ak47 is similar to the AKM, and that was not nurfed

• Like 2

I know it's an ARMA II patch but it's likely because of you derphards that keep going all Leroy Jenkins in the major cities. Gonna be a bit harder now, isn't it?

I have a pre-patch M1911 that still one-shots zombies; it's pretty much the only piece of gear I've managed to keep ahold of.

I know it's an ARMA II patch but it's likely because of you derphards that keep going all Leroy Jenkins in the major cities. Gonna be a bit harder now, isn't it?

I have a pre-patch M1911 that still one-shots zombies; it's pretty much the only piece of gear I've managed to keep ahold of.

it doesn't work like that. I'm sure a lot of us had "pre-patch" guns. I know I did, and then it took 3 shots to put down a zed

you probably didn't get the update. do you update through Steam?

Edited by daze23

it doesn't work like that. I'm sure a lot of us had "pre-patch" guns. I know I did, and then it took 3 shots to put down a zed

you probably didn't get the update. do you update through Steam?

Maybe the server was not on the latest version yet? I also was on a HC server last night and managed to one shot zombies now I am thinking it was due to it not being the latest version that has the gun nerfs in it.

I'm fine with how this affects PvZ, but in PvP people won't have a chance without military grade weapons, which is pretty lame.

What? People go through more risks to get those military grade weapons, why should they/we not have an advantage? This game is all risk vs reward.

• Like 1

Maybe the server was not on the latest version yet? I also was on a HC server last night and managed to one shot zombies now I am thinking it was due to it not being the latest version that has the gun nerfs in it.

idk, there was someone in one of these threads saying he was playing with an un-patched friend that was one shotting zeds, but it took him 3-4 shots (they were together on the same server). but I take these stories with a grain of salt. people might be getting headshots, be mistaken, or just full of crap

the gun in game is the ak74. it uses a smaller round than an ak47. I think the ak47 is similar to the AKM, and that was not nurfed

ah i see, sorry my mistake

Sounds Like Rocket is a Sniper-Deathmatch-Lover. There is no other possible reason for this nerf of the easy available weapons. It just means that its harder to get into the game and its even harder to stand a chance against players who turn the game into a sniper deathmatch if you just died and have to start over.

Its not only a logic fail but also a gameplay fail.

Edited by Knightowl
  • Like 1

Sounds Like Rocket is a Sniper-Deathmatch-Lover. There is no other possible reason for this nerf of the easy available weapons. It just means that its harder to get into the game and its even harder to stand a chance against players who turn the game into a sniper deathmatch if you just died and have to start over.

Its not only a logic fail but also a gameplay fail.

What should the game be?

Does it need a group system, and boss zombies? And guilds? And giant shoulder pads?

I think people are expecting the guns in this game to be tiered like weapons in modern RPGs.

This is a sandbox, playing for longer shouldn't = stronger avatar.

Then you better enjoy all the non players after 3 days of playing. You sound like you know how to ruin a game, you work for Blizzard or EA?

• Like 1

What should the game be?

Does it need a group system, and boss zombies? And guilds? And giant shoulder pads?

Sounds more like YOU want this. You want something similar to mmo levels. In DayZ a level 85 wow-player is - thanks to this damage nerf - now a player with huge sniper gun, a gillie suit and a nvg. I personally think this shouldn't be the case. No one should be so strong in cause of his equipment that he doesn't need to fear anyone anymore. By nerfing the newbie weapons the gap between a new player and someone with nice equipment is even bigger now.

Edited by Knightowl
  • Like 1

Then you better enjoy all the non players after 3 days of playing. You sound like you know how to ruin a game, you work for Blizzard or EA?

Clearly everyone quit Call of Duty after 3 days.

You need to accept that Day Z is a shooter mod and not a story based RPG.

Sounds more like YOU want this. You want something similar to mmo levels. In DayZ a level 85 wow-player is - thanks to this damage nerf - now a player with huge sniper gun, a gillie suit and a nvg. I personally think this shouldn't be the case. No one should be so strong in cause of his equipment that he doesn't need to fear anyone anymore. By nerfing the newbie weapons the gap between a new player and someone with nice equipment is even bigger now.

Anyone can get those guns, they just need to get there and find them.

And the guns still do enough damage, I think the people in this thread are a little too upset that you cant kill zombies with one hit using any weapon.

Especially since a lot of them are also clamoring for "tougher zombies".

Yes, anyone can get them. But this does not change anything. If you have one you are much stronger than someone who doesn't have one. This gap should'nt be too big. This gap also gives players with good aim a big advantage. Its easier for players with bad aim to kill someone if he just needs one or two shots than if he has to put 5 bullets into someones ass. In my oppinion this game should be no deathmatch so personal aiming skill should'nt be more important than smart behaviour. Now a good player just turns around after the first shot an kills the attacker. Previously he was dead already.

It would be much better to increase the zombie life than to decrease the weapon damage.

Edited by Knightowl
  • Like 2

Does anyone know if you still go uncon with a single shotgun shot? Whats the dmg required for

"A very large amount of lethal damage. (most rifles, sniper rifles, and high military-graded weapons)"

Yeah my m4 COO just got upgraded :D

I think this patch actually is made for dayz since the chances of finding aks is so high. AK's are normally the stronger with less acc, like in RL.

Edited by Black Eye