davidecibel

Considering Z speed/trajectories, weapon nerf is silly

In case you still haven't noticed, with the new arma ii oa patch a lot of weapons got nerfed to the ground. The most evident ones are revolvers and m1911, but according to many even shotguns, lee enfields, m107, mp5...

Now, even I think it's good for Pvp and if I find cool that more skill to save ammo and kill quickly is required, this is not a good change for dayz because of the way zombies behave. They run ninja fast with erratic dash zig-zag circly paths, making headshots out in the open practically impossible.

Hence, this nerf isn't good. Weapons damage should be increased a bit, or zombie behavior changed. (personally I've always been a fan of HUGE hordes of old school walking zombies, but I do realize they are impractical for such a game :/)

• Like 3

^ guy above me is stupid

arms ii ao patch notes clearly state the nerfs

On topic: ya... rocket has to bring all of the old values back

makarov is now of same value as 1911? really?

^ guy above me is stupid

I looked at the notes yesterday and didn't see anything remotely close to ballistics changes. Post your source, please.

EDIT: of course, the latest change log stops at 309... So who knows.

Edited by 1.7.2.4

Doesn't anyone care that they nerfed the AK74 family?This is the Russians main weapon not to mention a huge portion of the world.I researched it alot yrs back and from what I could gather many people feel they are very similar weapons damage dealing wise to the m16/M4 family.And when you shorten a barrel the weapon will deal less damage but A2 tweaks to their weapons seemed to overlook this very important aspect?

Edited by wolfstriked

WTF did they nerf the AKS74 family??? It uses a similar round size to NATO M4 and yet M4 still do more damage. So now all AK74 are officially the worst ARs in game...

Most of the nerfs in this list posted above seem completely unwarranted. Nerfing double barrels shotgun damage? Are you kidding me? It just went from useless to burden... No one even used it before hand, now no one will ever pick it up.

Rocket, what have you been smoking lately???

^ guy above me is stupid

You're calling me stupid when you say rocket should change the values back?

And no, the patch notes do not state anything about weapon damage.

I almost died to zeds because of this shit last night. my 1911 is now a paper weight.

While at first I was relieved that none of the higher tier weapons got nerfed (especially the FN FAL and the M107). This made me think, if I stumble on a survivor or vise versa, he will be put at a greater disadvantage because his ak-74 takes way more hits to kill me than it will take me to kill him to an even greater degree (possible effects like unconsciousness aside). The 1911 taking 3 bullets out of it's 7 bullet mag is insane, I always thought 2 would be more appropriate but this is too far. The makarov is now even more useless. I know that is is Arma II in general and not Rocket himself but I hope to see a hotfix as soon as possible so that this misbalance is corrected with minimal deaths to zombies shot twice with 1911s.

Edited by Mister_Meatball

AKM all the way for me now. Might s well equip mil.flashlight instead of sidearm - it is more useful

I almost died to zeds because of this shit last night. my 1911 is now a paper weight.

almost died? i HAVE died from this crap. a weeks worth on a survivor wasted by a few zeds that wouldnt die...being killed by a guy with a hatchet would be less embarrassing ><

In case you still haven't noticed, with the new arma ii oa patch a lot of weapons got nerfed to the ground. The most evident ones are revolvers and m1911, but according to many even shotguns, lee enfields, m107, mp5...

Now, even I think it's good for Pvp and if I find cool that more skill to save ammo and kill quickly is required, this is not a good change for dayz because of the way zombies behave. They run ninja fast with erratic dash zig-zag circly paths, making headshots out in the open practically impossible.

Hence, this nerf isn't good. Weapons damage should be increased a bit, or zombie behavior changed. (personally I've always been a fan of HUGE hordes of old school walking zombies, but I do realize they are impractical for such a game :/)

>>even shotguns

Now what the hell? A week ago I murdered someone with Remington 870, using pellets from 15 meters away. And it took 5 fucking shots to kill him. 5 pellet rounds to the neck from 15 meters range. Yeah nice going.

AK nerf aside the only thing I can see being better here is that you need to headshot more.Kinda like that.;)

AK nerf aside the only thing I can see being better here is that you need to headshot more.Kinda like that. ;)

Not to mention the Lee enfield now is losses its name as the dinner bell which I see a good thing.

Edited by Orthus

These nerfs are silly.

They don't add anything to the game at all except more frustration.

After being killed last night due to this stupid change I was lucky enough to find a dead sniper with an M14 ammo and heaps of other gear. 5 minutes later I was dead because of my shitty M1911.

Great fun Rocket.

almost died? i HAVE died from this crap. a weeks worth on a survivor wasted by a few zeds that wouldnt die...being killed by a guy with a hatchet would be less embarrassing ><

LMAO, yea a patient I saved got swarmed at the southern barracks, tried to killing all the Z's but he had like 30 on him beating the tar out of him. :|

Idiots who blame it on rocket everywhere. I hope he fixed what the arma team did and patches back to old damage values.

Edited by Atanar

It's not hard to kill zombies. Before or after the patch. Now it will just take longer. Every time I hear "they zig, they zag!" I just shake my head.

Here's how you do it:

1. Run backwards, facing the zombie who is chasing you.

2. When he stops running to take a swing at you, you stop running for just a moment, long enough to bring your gun up and take a shot.

3. Continue running backwards if the zed continues to chase.

4. Repeat until zed is dead.

There, I just fixed zombies for you. You're welcome.

• Like 1

Great fun Rocket.

so Rocket is now in charge of ARMA II patches as well? ..

so Rocket is now in charge of ARMA II patches as well? ..

He's not no. However, he CAN fix this issue.