Sign in to follow this  
theengine

Bullying, Can or cannot ban if it is constant?

Hello Server admins, I would like to ask a question about the topic of Bullying.

Over the past few weeks i have had a member join our server just to Bully specific members of our server, he's ruining the gaming experience for all the players on our server and some of these players are constant members that help support the server. The player that is bullying has been doing so for the past 2 weeks without stop, The Moment he logs into our server he begins to Bully anyone who he has any information he can get on them. We have asked him multiple times to stop and these requests have been ignored. What i am asking is wether or not we can ban this player for a short period of time. What i am looking at is a 1-3 day ban just to get the point across and a permanent one if he continues to bully after the ban. I am asking for your opinions and i would love to hear from anyone who can help me out.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerly The.Engine

Edited by TheEngine
  • Like 2

Please clearly define what he is doing. All in-game communication should be in the direct channel as well, so why don't you guys just shoot him if he is that close?

Yes im here to say that this person is a constant problem for ppl trying to play this game. He was kicked out of our clan for hacking and we are pretty confident that he wallhacks now. He badgers players constantly in malicuous way. All he does is get on and attacks everyone through side channel i dont even think he plays the actual game.

• Like 1

We have Side chat enabled on our server, This specific player is calling people names. he is claiming that we are breaking our own rules, he has been constantly bulling Avariel one of our clan mates, the abuse has been through chat mostly. and let me remind you this has been going on for the past two weeks and we have put up with it until now.

• Like 1

You cannot try to get someone internet lynched without something more concrete than "he is bullying people in ways we cannot describe".

Sounds like someone wants to silence someone. Loose lips may sink ships they say.

I suggest disabling side chat, considering it's no longer part of the game.

no one person should be able to communicate or locate specific players... it sounds like he must be scripting or hacking if he is able to attack or abuse specific ppl.. even if he is able to communicate with them, he should not be able to.

Honestly I have heard the devs say admins are not allowed to ban hackers, but I think thats BS, if someone was cheating on my server i would ban their ass no hesitation. They cannot rationally expect admins not to ban cheaters.

If he hacks ban him. If he is offending people, ban him.

We have Side chat enabled on our server, This specific player is calling people names.

Press P and mute him. End of the over dramatic story.

Disable side-chat, and voila! Problem solved.

Besides, as far as I know, we're not supposed to have side-channel on anyway.

The server owner does not want to disable side chat, and i have been pushing to get it removed. i don't see how its not part of the game however it would solve All our problems.

I suggest disabling side chat, considering it's no longer part of the game.

this, why do you have side chat enabled

i don't see how its not part of the game

The game is supposed to be realistic and being able to talk to someone 50 km away from you is not realistic

no one person should be able to communicate or locate specific players... it sounds like he must be scripting or hacking if he is able to attack or abuse specific ppl.. even if he is able to communicate with them, he should not be able to.

Honestly I have heard the devs say admins are not allowed to ban hackers, but I think thats BS, if someone was cheating on my server i would ban their ass no hesitation. They cannot rationally expect admins not to ban cheaters.

He is not teleporting to people, We have Side chat enabled on our server for some reason.

The game is supposed to be realistic and being able to talk to someone 50 km away from you is not realistic

your probably 200+ KM atm. :P

Edited by TheEngine

i don't see how its not part of the game

Side chat got disabled in the mission file about a month and a half back already. Unless he's running a very outdated mission file, he had to edit the mission file to re-enable side-chat, which is against the server hosting rules. We're not allowed to edit the mission file.

The server owner does not want to disable side chat, and i have been pushing to get it removed. i don't see how its not part of the game however it would solve All our problems.

Then until it's removed I don't see a problem. If it's bothering you THAT much, man up or find a new server. Side chat was removed for a valid reason, this probably being one of them.

Edit: I also suggest having him lock the server to the beta patch it's on so no one with an outdated version can join.

Edited by Synix

At the moment, the server will not be removing side chat and i doubt there will be any convincing of the server owner, as i said i am an Admin on the server but i dont have any control over the mission files. i think a 1-2 day ban is the only solution, even as i speak he is still bullying people.

Unless he's running a very outdated mission file, he had to edit the mission file to re-enable side-chat.

We have had this mission file for about 1 and a 1/2 months now.

For those saying side chat is against the rules it is not. Rocket does not like side chat being enabled but he does see the necessity of it for some servers. We do want side chat to be removed, I've been pushing for it with the leader of our clan but he has yet do to anything. We cannot edit the mission file for that is against the rules so we must wait for a new mission file.

At the moment, the server will not be removing side chat and i doubt there will be any convincing of the server owner, as i said i am an Admin on the server but i dont have any control over the mission files. i think a 1-2 day ban is the only solution, even as i speak he is still bullying people.

I don't see how banning someone for using something that was supposed to be removed a while ago is even remotely fair. Bullying or not.

In my opinion, as long as it's enabled on your server, he can use it how he sees fit, excluding racism(Rocket no likey).

I think blacklisting the server for breaking the rules is reason enough for disable sidechat ;)

I think blacklisting the server for breaking the rules is reason enough for disable sidechat ;)

Read my post, it's not against the rules, you can opt to have it on. I will dig up the post on it if I have to.

EDIT: I looked around and servers were able to to opt for side chat but it is no longer allowed. However like I said earlier we have a very old mission file and it is still enabled within that file. Also like I said I'm pushing to get a new one.

Edited by D3hydratedWater