KieranB983

Bring DayZ to console aswell!

Guys dayz will never be console the community complains about an hour rollback on cod how do you you think they would react to a game where you lose all your gear if you die.

• Like 1

If they made DayZ standalone, which means using a new game engine, that is compatible with consoles, then it's possible.

With the PC version that's a mod of Arma II, it's impossible.

Every game you see, can be recreated easily, it's just the matter of assets to make it look the same.

In the game code all you have for rapid fire of a gun is a simple 'loop', to shoot while the player held the button down.

Yeah, easy to recreate, in coding.

But to put the animations, the models, the effects in, is what's hard.

Edited by dra6o0n

Why would they use a new engine for a standalone game? They could still use the Arma II engine, especially since BI seem on board with it.

Um, it's not a matter of a simple "loop" to fire while the gun is held down. Firstly, the bullets are not objects in the game, but are used by calculating a ray cast from the firing point of the gun. In most FPS, this ray is a straight line. In Arma II, I think it is a curved line, which is even more difficult to calculate. Programming is not easy.

Necessarily, DayZ would have to be released on the next generation of consoles. However, I think it could work well if they do not dumb down any of the game mechanics. DayZ must always be a PC game before a console game, though.

consoles can't even run arma2........ >.>

this troll's fucking stupid.

Does your PC give you a handjob on request? Pay your bills? Send you Christmas cards? Bashing consoles/ console users just doesn't make PC the end all of gaming. You can't be serious if you're under the impression that consoles have nothing to offer. It's no wonder the world, not just console gamers see us as bitter, antisocial losers that play games (forever) alone. Nobody is contesting that PCs have outgrown the seven year old fixed hardware consoles ffs. Consoles are still great for playing with family and friends, and the next generation will likely see a more powerful machine than most of these people bashing them are playing on right now. It's ok, it's now a standard for everyone who owns any branded object consider their choice of product, and in effect themselves, to be better than the people who use another product. Look at Mac vs Windows, Droid vs iPhone, Chevy vs Ford, Xbox vs PS3, Boxing vs MMA, literally any product or idea that has a competitor. How people can be so narrow minded and be another cog in the machine of consumerism so willingly is beyond me. Again, I challenge those who say console gamers are all immature children need to take a closer look at any PC game forum and show me a single example of a civilized, mature community. They most definitely need to take a closer look at themselves.

lol you're going off topic...

this topic is about whether the original poster wanting the Dayz mod and the arma2 engine on consoles...

and if you're trying to argue that it IS possible, well, then you're fucking retarded. lol

Consoles, as they are now, are too weak to even think about running the arma2 engine

and on that day, all the snob pc gamers went nuts OHMAGAWD A CONSOLE CANT RUN ARMA 2. CONSOLES ARE SUCK

Yes consoles could run arma 2, without lag. But its a pc game, so its just gonna be that way

(I run that crap on my LAPTOP)

Edited by MikeTupper

Seems like a great idea imo, if they brought it to console there would be a ton of sales and alot more people playing it. Yes I understand the complications with the consoles not being able to run it.

But if it's going to be a stand alone game then why not completely redo it and make it compatible for both?

But if it's going to be a stand alone game then why not completely redo it and make it compatible for both?

Because of the massive amount of effort that requires. Not only do you have to make the port, but you also have to tailor the game so that it will run smoothly on consoles; considering where DayZ is going, I doubt that would even be possible on current gen consoles, primarily due to the horrendous lack of RAM they have.

I'd rather see Rocket spend his time working on Standalone DayZ itself, rather than trying to make it work on consoles at the same time.

It would be great if you could play the DayZ mod on console aswell as pc. As I love pc gaming and console gaming, it would be great to have a hand held controller to play DayZ with and communicate and play private games with friends via xbox live.

There is a reason sims don't go to consoles.

Console games aren't built for the mindset of gamers that play PC games: long term over short term. The more I think about it the less I consider that there is an actual market for Day Z on console as it is now. On PC Day Z is gaining players every day. Put it on console and you'd see a huge spike in population for about 2 weeks and then it would drop off to maybe a 10th of what it was after the next cash-sink disk came out. Also good luck selling a hardcore unforgiving game with no clear cut victory screen (Other than not seeing YOU ARE DEAD) to the core console crowd.

Its as if millions of tweens cried out WAAAAAAAAAH and were instantly handed a new game. I feel something terrible has happened. -Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Edited by Ampoliros

The problem isn't even that console will ruin the game. ITS JUST THAT WITH THE RESOURCES THE DAYZ TEAM CURRENTLY HAS ITS LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO GET THIS GAME TO A CONSOLE. Think before you post something!

Its a fucken "MOD" for PC game. So it can't happen. can this thread be closed?

I agree with this Idea.

The sooner we get rid of all the console fucking kiddies the fucking better.

Bring out a console version and good fucking riddens.

This children, is what we call a stereotype. Us immature kids don't spend our days bashing other gamers, boasting about our superior machines. I should try. "WE GET THE "LAST OF US" SUCKAZ!!!"

• Like 1

Neither community can seem to find a happy medium. You have the 12 year olds who play COD(WHICH ISN'T EVERY CONSOLE GAMER) and the elitist PC gamers who think they are genetically above you since they use a different system. And then you have us casual gamers who do not pick a side and play both.

It can be played on a controller. I play ArmA with my controller and, except for a tiny hiccup, works fine. There are plenty of buttons to use, but I still need the mouse for inventory. Just a different inventory system..............................................................................................

Terrible community

I think the same applies here. It is really just douche town.

Edited by Uz3

I don't hate consoles, I love them! Playing some ganes with my friends on a couch is great fun but I still love my PC

I play this on my PC with an Xbox 360 controller.

Isnt that pretty much the same thing as having it on a console?

Not going to happen most likely.

Besides, the last thing we need is more kids.

NOOOOOOOOO!

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! Don't port this game to consoles!!!

It's a waste of time and it will RUIN THE GAME!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

btw. the game would be awful on consoles, it's just not made for it. Keep playing COD and FIFA on consoles, leave us PC players the real PC games

Edited by TSAndrey

Yeah don't think consoles out there are equipped to handle this fancy of a game.

if my 2009 computer could run arma on lowest on somewhat stable fps an xbox or ps3 can run it too, the only problem i see are the buttons but its just matter of spending a few hours tweaking the layouts.

As for the community, i've been in the 3 communities (pc,xbox 360, ps3) and lets face it we are all fucked lol. just take a look at all your posts about trying to fix the pvp read em and you'll see thats the same thing thats happening on the consoles is happening here.

But ya i don't see BI branching out arma to consoles anytime soon, due to them not supporting what the series have been trying to encourage so long community based modding, xbox 360 minecraft might be best example of that i mean the game is cool and all but it took em about a month to release a few avatars, when in the pc that could've been done by a random internet user in 10 mins.

Just hoping the nextgen consoles support user modding abit more.

Also guys if this was going to happen, the xbox, ps3 users could/probably would have their own servers just calm down lol.

Edited by RoboSheriff
  • Like 1