Cooky1809

NIGHT TIME IS RUBBISH

Ive tried to not write a thread about this mod because its so amazing. Ive spent 60 hours on this game in 1 week. But please get rid of night time or atleast sort it out! cant see anythin (which is not realistic) and also the rain is abysmal in the game. I do not know whether it is Arma 2 with the bad night time and rain but it is poor. This mod is awsome still! but im from UK an im going to play in american servers to get day light :D

I was absolutely fine with the night before, even preferred it. That was before i had experienced rain in the night, that shit makes it like you're looking through four sheets of frosted glass. In the dark.

And no i don't have any NVG's.

i totally agree with u. But maybe jus make it that little bit brighter so like ure eyes adjust to the night or somethin. maybe that can be a feature? lol

The dark nights are not in Arma 2, most of the time you can actually see pretty clear in vanilla arma 2 at nights, so that is something Rocket changed for the mod.

tbh thats the problem, the rain! lol night time is too dark but once gamma is full and brightness u can see a little bit but when it rains i may as well have spawned blind with a guide dog. but like i said before its still an amazing mod :D

Am I the only one who prefers night time?? :huh:

I really like the night. it may sound contridicting my self but i do LOVE the night time, but only when gamma is at max. (which is kind of cheating but at least i can see a little bit) jus hope it gets a little bit brighter so i dont have to higher settings :(

I really like the night. it may sound contridicting my self but i do LOVE the night time' date=' but only when gamma is at max. (which is kind of cheating but at least i can see a little bit) jus hope it gets a little bit brighter so i dont have to higher settings :(

[/quote']

Okay, I admit, I have upped my gamma as well. It's still VERY dark though. I mean, the choices you have to make though are intense and make it very fun. You can either fight and travel through the pitch black, or light chemlights or god forbid a flare and give away your general location to potential bandits. Hmm.. decisions, decisions....

I do agree with the rain sucking though! I can only see in the night rain if I have a flash light.

It really depends if you get a full moon and how high it is. Moon cycles are simulated, I'm not sure as to how accurate they are but they are there. Try a server out at night every now and again and you should eventually see what I mean. Better yet, go into the editor, and experiment with different times and dates to figure out when the best time to play at night is.

Personally I love running around when it's pitch black it's much easier to conceal movement at night... Unless someone is hunting you with NVG's :P

Night should definatly NOT be removed! Night time normally offers very interressting gameplay.

But right now there are so many factors that encourage you to play during the day, that I just avoid night time. You don't even seem to have a stealh advantage vs zombies at night. Which is strange.

Yeah it should atleast be possible to see a few meters infront of you. Sometimes i can even see if im running or just stuck running against a object.

You don't even seem to have a stealh advantage vs zombies at night. Which is strange.

I do... :huh:

Or maybe I'm just a ninja. Who knows.

The dark nights are not in Arma 2' date=' most of the time you can actually see pretty clear in vanilla arma 2 at nights, so that is something Rocket changed for the mod.

[/quote']

Incorrect.

All taken in editor at the same time (0000 hrs), date (May 18, 2012), and position (valley west of Windy Mountain, facing south):

*Vanilla, no weather*

Vanillanoweather.jpg

*DayZ, no weather*

DayZnoweather.jpg

*Vanilla, weather*

Vanillaweather.jpg

*DayZ, weather*

DayZweather.jpg

When there's no moon, I'd like to see it pitch black in forests, but brighter in the open due to light from the stars. That would be the most realistic. Not sure if that's possible though.

I don't know about you but i feel much safer in the night.

This.. well, until you fall down a cliff. :)

I love night time, and I don't think there's anything wrong with it being pitch black sometimes. You could argue that the day/night cycle should be quicker, so 3 hours for day, 3 hours for night (or something like that), but the night time currently IS realistic.

Just wondering, have you ever been in a forest (in R/L) at night when the clouds have hidden the moon? You can't see past your nose, seriously. If there's no light source, you can't see. That's just a fact. So claiming it's not realistic isn't right at all. You do however get a little bit of light from the stars, but once again, it depends on the weather.

The question is, should a realistic aspect like this be used in this mod? Or should nights be more brighter so you can actually function at night time without spamming flares / using a torch just to move forward.

The thing is, you may not of noticed but tonight the night time was really black (not sure if all servers share the same weather patterns or what, but I was on UK6). I was playing during the day before it went night and it was extremely cloudy. It wasn't raining, but it was very very cloudy. So presuming at night time it doesn't just go "lololol weather night switch" then that's why it was so dark, simply because the moon was covered up by the clouds.

Whereas last night, the moon was out and it was a lot easier to actually see what the heck I was doing when I wasn't out in the forest areas. So the weather effects the night (which is realistic). Plus there's the moon cycle which is thrown into the equation too. I do love games that have more advanced weather systems.

As far as rain goes, it's the same again. But if it's raining, and presuming this game does follow a realistic weather pattern, then there's going to be clouds most likely blocking out the moon a lot. It's a bitch but it's pretty cool.

I wouldn't mind a faster day/night cycle maybe so you wouldn't be stuck in night all night.. but other then that I wouldn't want them to really change how dark nights can get. It's based on the weather and the moon. If the moons not out, you'll seriously find it hard to move around.

But if you've spent any part of the day time well, you'll have a compass so even if you get lost at night, you can just slowly start crossing back south, till you hit the sea. Then you can work your way to a town and go from there. That's what I was forced to do tonight.

Anyway, just my two cence.

Woohoo, another darkness thread.

I'm on the US west coast and can only play in the evenings after work so I'm just thankful there are a few UTC +4 servers. As a noob I try to avoid playing at night unless I just can't find a daylight server. I haven't tried adjusting the gamma yet though so next time I get stuck in the dark I'll see if that helps.

Although I will say I'd rather play at night in the US than during the day on a Russian server where I can't understand anyone. :)

Ive tried to not write a thread about this mod because its so amazing. Ive spent 60 hours on this game in 1 week. But please get rid of night time or atleast sort it out! cant see anythin (which is not realistic) and also the rain is abysmal in the game. I do not know whether it is Arma 2 with the bad night time and rain but it is poor. This mod is awsome still! but im from UK an im going to play in american servers to get day light :D

You should be asleep in the night. True story :sleepy:

Either get a torchlight and enjoy the game or if you can't handle the dark find a server that's currently in the morning, it's really nothing to be complaining about, sorry for getting so direct with you but I've seen this kind of comment too often. The reason why its so dark 'compared to vanilla' is that there's 0 artificial light coming out of buildings, vehicles and equipment in DayZ compared to the milsim.

I agree with Alfie and I dont want to get night removed. Maybe it needs some tweaks since even when there is no cloud on the sky and stars, and you are in an open field you cant see. There is a level of darkness that I see in this mod wich I would suggest to be the maximum darkness. I dont have any SS of it but its pretty dark, you cant see others or zombies but you can see the ground and some shadows at least.

Plus, this mod has some horror thing and at night its even more tense and PvP is easier to happen at night, since I can spot a flare from km away.

Heres a thought, If you dont like playing in the night, go to sleep.

Night time on DayZ is prime hunting time for Bandits. some people find a place and hunker down until the moon comes up, wile others take the cover of darkness to move far distances.

I enjoy the night, so if you peeps got a problem with it, turn your brightness up, get some chemsticks and a magazine and deal with it.

I don't mind it being dark but being that dark is overkill. It's like going to a movie theater for a horror movie and all they do is turn off the lights and play scary sounds over the speakers. The only thing I find "scary" about Day Z at night is wondering if my monitor is on or if I just spent 15 minutes running up against a fence in place

i just come from a nice fire in a church with a friend, after 2hours of sneaking in the rain by night...

[attachment=334]

and yes, we are a surv and a bandit messing around togheter :P

If you think it's too dark, wait two weeks for the moon to be full, when it will look like this:

dzclrfm.jpg