Sign in to follow this  
Bramacgar

Water Bottles, How Many Is Too Many?

I'm carrying 4 water bottles right now. Is that too excessive? How many would you recommend holding?

I stick to one water bottle, and a couple pops to keep me going. My friend holds 3 though. Personal preference I suppose

Edited by Caz

I never get more than 1 water bottle. You'll find plenty of soda's along the way, use your water bottle for emergencies.

I usually carry 1, I pass by a lot of ponds and water sources on my travels so 1 is all I need. Just drink and refill whenever you reach any water.

If anything, 2 would be the most I ever carry just as a backup.

You can always carry 4 and dump any when you come across something more valuable.

Use your empty water bottle for "emergencies"....

I'm currently carrying four, but I'm on extended camp and hunting duty up north in the Mystery Machine..

I usually carry one in my inventory and 2 in my backpack. After drinking 2 canteens I start planning my next water-mission if I was not able to re-fill somewhere along the way. I drink sodas whenever I see one laying around but I don't pick them up. Same goes for beans. I prefer having cooked meat in my inventory. Besides, popping cans aggros players.

• Like 1

I carry two, one on me and one in the bag. To find soda you must enter buildings heightening chance of zed/player ambush, to fill water bottles you just go to a safe pond.

Myself and my clan all carry 3, more than that is a waste of space.

Emergency one in backpack plus my regular one. Never use either though because i eat & drink every other thing i see. You need more if you're avoiding towns, otherwise you find plenty of sodas.

Speaking of sodas, i still haven't seen a Mountain Dew!

One is too much. I used to carry one or two until I realised I don't actually use them. Now I just carry one or two soda cans and drink any I find. I've never found myself losing blood because of thirst. If I cant find any I simply shoot zombie farmers - they very often have soda cans and canned food.

(1 in hand 1 in backpack)

2x water

2x meat

2x bandage

2x blood

2x morph

2x pain

When you have all gear you want out of the towns, and you want live in the woods forever then take 3-4 with you. With 3.4 bottles you can cross the map without leaving the woods till you find another water source.

No need to visit urban area again then

I carry two, one on me and one in the bag. To find soda you must enter buildings heightening chance of zed/player ambush, to fill water bottles you just go to a safe pond.

This.

I always notice players around me by the sound of opening a soda can. Just chugging them inside the building is about the worst thing you can do if you don't know the extent of your surrounding (i.e. always in this game).

I always notice players around me by the sound of opening a soda can. Just chugging them inside the building is about the worst thing you can do if you don't know the extent of your surrounding (i.e. always in this game).

This actually happens if you chug one ever. Or eat food, break a leg, or get low enough blood that you scream. As soon as another player gets close to you, he hears all of the noises you've made in your current session, one at a time, in order.

This actually happens if you chug one ever. Or eat food, break a leg, or get low enough blood that you scream. As soon as another player gets close to you, he hears all of the noises you've made in your current session, one at a time, in order.

Wait... WHAT!?!

Seriously?

Edited by Alpo

Only ever carry one water bottle, and everytime I run by a water source, I'll drink from it and fill it again even if I'm still green and I've never had a dehydration problem.

Get what you can. I died due to lack of water yesterday. I'd have sucked a sweaty sock had anyone offered. :o

Get what you can. I died due to lack of water yesterday. I'd have sucked a sweaty sock had anyone offered. :o

Hrmm.. What about a little protein drink? A sweaty ...ock.. ;)