Heyasuki

Broken Bones has to go or fix your coding

I haven't broken a bone in weeks. (unless I'm shot)

Must be something OP is doing wrong.

Me and my friend have between the two of us gotten at least 10-15 broken bones. Only 2 were legit. (One he fell too far, only like 7 feet so not legit in my eyes, but not a bug; the other time I shot him xD) The rest were because of lag or engine weirdness. I've broken my leg by being prone less than like 8 ft away from a wall and turning so my legs come near it. Stuff like that should be fixed at some point... I think that's what the OP meant by 'fix your code'.

Me and my friend have between the two of us gotten at least 10-15 broken bones. Only 2 were legit. (One he fell too far, only like 7 feet so not legit in my eyes, but not a bug; the other time I shot him xD) The rest were because of lag or engine weirdness. I've broken my leg by being prone less than like 8 ft away from a wall and turning so my legs come near it. Stuff like that should be fixed at some point... I think that's what the OP meant by 'fix your code'.

I guess. That never happens to me. The only times I've ever broken my leg (minus gunshots and since the broken leg sim was patched out) was when zombies swarmed me. That's it and that doesn't really happen to me anymore.

How does "this is an alpha" imply "shut up you can't complain about broken features", exactly?

The broken bones mechanic is... completely broken. ;) Belly-crawling through an open door level with the ground shouldn't snap both my legs, suck half the blood out of my body and leave me in shock (well okay, the first two happening would probably leave anyone in shock).

Also, any game mechanic has to pass the 'fun' test. And I'm pretty sure as implemented this one completely fails that test. :)

If *anyone* disagrees with the poster, you are a true idiot.

Think about it -- everyone wants the code to work. If you like broken code than you are pretty fucking retarded and the code *IS* broken. I would even say take it out until it's fixed.

Having said that, the devs already know that there are issues. To combat this, as others stated, the first thing you should probably do is stock up on at least 3 morphines from the hospital boxes around the shore before you venture out.

-D

Edited by daliputka

Just a suggestion but maybe they could add splits into the game as temporary cures for broken bones so you don't have to crawl miles to the nearest hospital. It could be a crafted item like the camp fires requiring 2 bandages and 1 pile of wood. Maybe the split could last 5-10mins allowing you to at least run for a short duration. this could be considered more realistic as if you're in a forest with some minor medical supplies u would make a makeshift split allowing for the character to move about without crawling everywhere.

Its not the game. I have found countless morphine. And every other medical supply in the game. If you want to avoid broken bones, dont be stupid and run into shit. Or have your friends walk over you. Or push you into objects. Its about playing smart. Not bad coding. If you cant find any? You must have the worst luck in the entire world.

I had my bones broken after I opened a door that was opening inside. I was laying there on the floor while opening it and all of a sudden I was laying there unconscious with broken bones. Luckily my friend had a morphine injector with him to save me.. It was still a waste of morphine and we died later on when a zombie pushed me of a guard tower and I broke my legs again.

I agree with the point that losing because the game is buggy sucks hard, but in this early stage things like that are to be expected. Hopefully things like this are fixed soon, we just have to be patient and helpful by using forums such as this to identify areas needing improvement.

I dont agree that zombies should be easily felled. In the olden days the only way to kill them was to completely destroy their brain and incinerate them. They're undead, remember.

Me and my friends crawled all the way to Cherno from Kamenka when our legs were broken. When we got to the outskirts of Cherno, we were sniped. It was friggen hilarious.

Just a suggestion but maybe they could add splits into the game as temporary cures for broken bones so you don't have to crawl miles to the nearest hospital. It could be a crafted item like the camp fires requiring 2 bandages and 1 pile of wood. Maybe the split could last 5-10mins allowing you to at least run for a short duration. this could be considered more realistic as if you're in a forest with some minor medical supplies u would make a makeshift split allowing for the character to move about without crawling everywhere.

I've definitely thought that adding a splint to the game would be fantastic... and this is a great method for doing it. I would say it should allow you to walk normally, but completely restrict running. A splint is a perfectly valid treatment for a broken bone and would work perfectly until you could get better treatment (i.e. morphine as per the game mechanic). At least you wouldn't have to crawl to the nearest town hospital to find morphine.

I just broke my leg and passed out by walking down a staircase in a barn. Thank god I had some morphine and bandages because I had just hit a firestation and found some awesome guns and ammo.

I think as soon as this game is standalone this needs to be one of the first things they improve. It can strike at any moment, and it can completely screw you over. Out of all the times I've broken legs in this game, at least 90% have been from bugs and not legitimate reasons. (Gunshot wounds, zombies, etc)