sethcombs@gmail.com

Revolver and M1911 nerfed?

What's the deal with the Revolver and the M1911 getting nerfed?? Since the last OA beta update, both guns are no longer 1-shot kills to zombies (unless it's a headshot, of course). It now takes like 4 shots to kill a zombie. I've confirmed this several times and so have a few other guys I play with regularly.

It sucks because now those pistols are essentially as useless as the Makarov it seems.

Can anyone shed a little light on this?

jopp...they got nerfed and i think it kind of sucks to...i allways liked the good old m1911

Yes.

Don't know..

Everyone things it was the Arma patch so far.

No one official has commented.

Thus far, people have only speculated.

10,000 people. It iced and made new threads.

I wonder how many did a simple search for "revolver" or "M1911" before hitting the old new thread button? Well never know.

They were OP against zombs. You should not be able to should a zomb anywhere with a pistol for a 1 shot unless it's in the head. This was needed.

• Like 1

I think they should be 2 shot kills. The 1 shot was a little powerful I guess, although I did like it. But, 4 shots for a revolver!? 3 shots for the 1911?! The round is larger than the makarov's so why does it take the same or more shots to kill a zombie? *sense none*

• Like 1

Yes but the point was that it was a .45 caliber bullet. That is a pretty hefty load. Why Nerf the gun? Just reduce the ammo spawn rate.

They were OP against zombs. You should not be able to should a zomb anywhere with a pistol for a 1 shot unless it's in the head. This was needed.

Zeds are still just living people and therefore should be shoot-able accordingly. (I agree one shot with .45 to the leg shouldnt kill them also)

Maybe because of the infinite ammo exploit with these two weapons? I see a lot less people using them now.

Edited by Warlord Bob

I did like the one shot kill, but I understand some of the points made.

I think it should be one shot to the head and chest, but 2 shots any other location.

It sucks the way it is now.

Ski

Edited by Ski
  • Like 2

Yeah, those 2 pistols got me out of many a jam with zombies.. I really don't see why 1-shot-zombie kills with these pistols is such a big deal. It makes a very difficult game a little more playable, especially if you're soloing or if you don't have very much gear.

• Like 1

its not just pistols.. slugs in shotties are also nerfed

now it take between 1-3 slugs

lee enfield is not 1 shot 1 kill anymore aswell. Some accurate patchnotes would be appreciated.

Make room in your backpack for more ammo. I dont think headshots are unreasonable. Making headshots on an aggro'd zombie is a bit much especially with the zigzag Matrix style maneuvers they pull.

its not just pistols.. slugs in shotties are also nerfed

now it take between 1-3 slugs

Can you confirm that this refers to all of the shotguns? If not, which one(s) have you confirmed this for?

Great, there's no point in picking up the M1911 or Revolver now since they have lower ammo count than a fucking makarov.

With me so far:

Revolver: talk about a surprise... I taught my self to not bother with head shots and when a zombie kept coming today I thought it was server lag.

Auto Shotgun: I'm not a gun guy so I forget the name... took more than 1 slug so I dropped it.

Lee: 1 shot kill, but that is to the chest or head. Did not shoot anyone in the leg to test since I was not sure if I was just on a server with bugs or something.

If this is the actual patch... wow, brutal.

Edited by lugaru

Great, there's no point in picking up the M1911 or Revolver now since they have lower ammo count than a fucking makarov.

That's funny.

Guess someone didn't pay attention in class and figure out that M1911 and .45 revolver has infinite ammunition as long as you have at least 1 clip on you.

Well kid, guess you better go google.

Zeds are still just living people and therefore should be shoot-able accordingly. (I agree one shot with .45 to the leg shouldnt kill them also)

If they are still living people why are they rotting?

honestly, before downgrading the damage on guns they should sort out the jumpy buggy lag movements of zombies, where you can aim and shoot rather than aim and as you shoot they moved 3 meter to the right now crouching and when you shoot again they are in the previous place now standing. they one shot kill isn't realistic but nor is the buggy movements, in and outdoors. so fix both or leave it as it is i say

If they are still living people why are they rotting?

...they are infected...just like in 28 Days Later. You realize that was one of the main influences for DayZ? Rocket has stated this in many interviews...

i like this new update, the zombies are just too easy to kill and it gets boring after so long which is why everyone has been going PVP. The zombies should be the number one threat not the last thing on your mind that could kill you.

Here is the thing, I dont care if they are rotting or what, a 45 round to the chest...nothing lives/moves after that... well on two legs anyway. Dont nerf a weapon because its good at being a weapon, make stronger or different types of zombies.

Also, the reason the M1911 is so silent is due to how slow the round moves...hell its nearly SD type of round.

Maybe because of the infinite ammo exploit with these two weapons? I see a lot less people using them now.

So instead of fixing ammo exploit,we will ubernerf these pistols to make them almost useless? Make total sense man...