sethcombs@gmail.com

Revolver and M1911 nerfed?

Here is the thing, I dont care if they are rotting or what, a 45 round to the chest...nothing lives/moves after that... well on two legs anyway. Dont nerf a weapon because its good at being a weapon, make stronger or different types of zombies.

Also, the reason the M1911 is so silent is due to how slow the round moves...hell its nearly SD type of round.

Do you own a .45? I have 2 1911's and those things are not silent. They are much louder than your standard 9mm. I have owned both, including .40's. .45 is definitely an attention getter indoors or out.

I've heard many a time of enraged and drug influenced criminals taking more than 1 round to kill them when shot in the back and such. It should take 2 or so to the chest with these infected at least. Obviously 1 to the head.

• Like 1

I don't know if it's coincidence or not, but after last patch (95310), I killed 3 zeds with 1 shoot(each!) in center of the mass .

Will play in different servers to confirm this.

Edited by octopos

lol, and i thought it was the server i was on :)

Edited by M4L

Monday: This game is too easy. There's no challenge. Zombies are irrelevant and can be ignored! Fix this!

Tuesday: I'm so bored. Zombies are no challenge at all so the only thing I can do is PvP! This will ruin DayZ!

Wednesday: Who said this was a zombie game? This game isn't about zombies! Zombies are just background noise! The game is a PvP deathmatch and that's all. PLEASE make zombies harder!

Thursday: M1911 and Revolver were nerfed against zombies. It now takes more shots to kill them! This is FUCKING BULLSHIT!

...got to love internet forums.

Edited by ZedsDeadBaby
  • Like 1

Monday: This game is too easy. There's no challenge. Zombies are irrelevant and can be ignored! Fix this!

Tuesday: I'm so bored. Zombies are no challenge at all so the only thing I can do is PvP! This will ruin DayZ!

Wednesday: Who said this was a zombie game? This game isn't about zombies! Zombies are just background noise! The game is a PvP deathmatch and that's all. PLEASE make zombies harder!

Thursday: M1911 and Revolver were nerfed against zombies. It now takes more shots to kill them! This is FUCKING BULLSHIT!

...got to love internet forums.

The idea of different people posting different opinions could solve your puzzle. ;)

That's funny.

Guess someone didn't pay attention in class and figure out that M1911 and .45 revolver has infinite ammunition as long as you have at least 1 clip on you.

Well kid, guess you better go google.

He means the capacity is lower.. Not the amount of ammo or infinite ammo........

I don't know if it's coincidence or not, but after last patch (95310), I killed 3 zeds with 1 shoot(each!) in center of the mass .

I was wondering about this

a lot of yall get too far ahead of yourself. we don't even know if this was intended, so all talk about what a .45 can do in real life is besides the point. I don't think it was intended because it's a pretty drastic change. I'm not talking about the effects it may have on DayZ gameplay, just the fact the amount of damage is 1/3-1/4 what it used to be

Never mind... M1911 precision is so good that I aimed c.o.m and hit the head. News patch continue with nerfed guns oO

i think it's lame that it was 'hidden' in the patch notes, because i would certainly be interested to know if it effects PvP damage as well.

however - it certainly makes zombies tougher to deal with in the open. if you want to take a shot at another player then you'd better make sure you hit them otherwise you have a swarm of uber zombies and an aggro'd player to deal with.

it needed to be done though... it was rediculous that G17, M9 and the SMG's were godawful damage compared to noob pistols. at least the g17 and m9 will actually be viable now.

Edited by tarquinbb

They were OP against zombs. You should not be able to should a zomb anywhere with a pistol for a 1 shot unless it's in the head. This was needed.

you should be able to spell shoot noob and a .45 acp to a decaying corpse is going to leave an exit wound the size of the ammo box in the zombie

Useless against players now, all 7 rounds into centre mass and still alive. Right.

ArmaII's gun damage tables are increasingly becoming a joke.

I've heard many a time of enraged and drug influenced criminals taking more than 1 round to kill them when shot in the back and such. It should take 2 or so to the chest with these infected at least. Obviously 1 to the head.

Bullets that might be considered to have stopping power for dangerous large game animals are usually 11.63 mm (.458 caliber) and larger, including 12-gauge shotgun slugs. These bullets are monolithic-solids; full metal jacketed and tungsten steel insert. They are constructed to hold up during close range, high velocity impacts. These bullets are expected to impact and penetrate, and transfer energy to the surrounding tissues and vital organs through the entire length of a game animal’s body if need be.

Bullets with sufficient stopping power for humans are generally large caliber, 9.07 mm (.357 caliber) handgun bullets of hollow point design. Pre-fragmented bullets such as Glaser Safety Slugs and MagSafe ammunition are designed to fragment into birdshot on impact with the target. This fragmentation is intended to create more trauma to the target, and also to reduce collateral damage caused from ricocheting or overpenetrating of the target and the surrounding environments such as walls. Fragmenting rounds have been shown to be unlikely to obtain deep penetration necessary to disrupt vital organs located at the back of a hostile human.[citation needed]

--http://en.wikipedia....mics_of_bullets

Guess how much damage handguns and shotguns do in Arma II.... (Hint: ArmaII's damage tables are a joke.)

Edited by BazBake

They got nerfed but I would expect in the near future that they will be "unerfed"

i like this new update, the zombies are just too easy to kill and it gets boring after so long which is why everyone has been going PVP. The zombies should be the number one threat not the last thing on your mind that could kill you.

Zombies just get "too easy to kill" again once you get a rifle, sniper or shotgun.