JulieMeyers

Graphical "artifacting" because of wirefence in distance

I just noticed that when you look at a wirefence from a certain distance the graphics go crazy and give all sorts of weird artifacts on the screen. When I walked closer, it llooks just fine. But as soon as I am a certain distance from it it goes crazy again.

Screenshot here:

http://imgur.com/7MTcC

Windows 2.6.1.7601 (win 7) service pack 1

Intel Core i7 3770 3,4 ghz

6 gb ram

AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series

1,7 gpu memory

1920x1080 resolution

Do you think this belongs in the "cheating" section?

It's a known bug by-the-way, not much you can do about except changing drivers.

Edited by Bravo-Two-Zero

Changing drivers won't work. It's a common bug.

• Like 1

Oh crap. I meant to post it under bugs. Hopefully a mod can move it

I got this fixed by loading the original game, then expansion, then dayz again.

isint there a shortcut of key combinations you can press all at once like a ctrl + alt + del but it filteres your texture memory or refreshes it so that dosent happen? someone i was watching on twitch tv mentioned it but i failed to remember hte keys to press but i definitely know it works and seen it done. just if someone only knew as i forgot the keys to press :/

isint there a shortcut of key combinations you can press all at once like a ctrl + alt + del but it filteres your texture memory or refreshes it so that dosent happen? someone i was watching on twitch tv mentioned it but i failed to remember hte keys to press but i definitely know it works and seen it done. just if someone only knew as i forgot the keys to press :/

I could be wrong but have you tried:

hold shift and the "-" key on the number pad and then typing "Flush."

*Best solution to the artifacting seems to finding a new server that has less stuff to cause the f'up, staying away from highly populated hotspots seems to be fine.

Edited by SluttyYutty

i can also confirm this, the graphical issues seems to be coming from a stack of garbage or something inside one of the hangars and one of the outside of it, also the graphical issues occur in cherno whilst looking at the direction to the center of the town / church.

this makes is very hard / unplayable to be in theese areas since if a player spots you from that direction you can't see them cause of the graphical issues.

the same with zeds.

pls fix this, and btw this started to occur when i updated to 1.7.2.4 :/

I'm having the same problem, although I thought it was a problem on my end so quite a relief to find alot of other people are having a similar issue, which will probably make it priority number one to be fixed, apart from this I absolutely love this game to bits :)

Edited by SGTBawbag

For some people the problem was solved by doing this:

1. Go to your documents folder. (usually found in C:\Users\<<name>>\Documents)
  2. Go to the map: "ArmA 2 Other Profiles". If this map doesn't exist, simply go to "ArmA 2" map instead.
  3. Open the map with your own profile name.
  4. There is one text file located in this map, besides the maps "missions", "MPMissions", "Saved" and "UserSaved". The text file has once again the same name as your profile and the extension .ArmA2OAProfile. Right click on this file and open with a text editor, notepad is fine.
  5. Go to the bottom until you see "sceneComplexity=" (17th line from below). Change the value into 1000000, so it becomes << sceneComplexity=1000000; >>.

Like I've said, for some people it works, while others don't see any difference.

Edited by Bravo-Two-Zero

The following works to fix the issue for some users:

Go to Video Options, then set Video Memory to DEFAULT.

Setting Video Memory to anything other than DEFAULT does not use your video card's memory properly. It's an old ARMA bug

A long-term player of ARMA 2 informed me of it.

FIX!

Left shift + (Minus numpad button) ... the invisible console will appear.. than type "flush" withnout those (")

NOT A JOKE, I AM SERIOUS, JUST TRY IT AND YOU WILL SEE.. FOR ME, IT WORKS NOW

not sure if it fix barbed wire.. but these common glitches in balota,NE airstrip,NW airfield,Green mountain,... are made by death army corpes

Ok, to sum up quickly this is not directly client-sided but can be fixed (temporarily) by the client.

First you need to face in the direction of the graphical artifact(s) then disconnect from the server and exit the game and reload the game and server and the artifact should be gone (I tested this). Reason why this works because it reloads everything including game files and most importantly map data. Secondly you could change the "Video Memory" through the options menu to something that its not currently on (eg: High > Normal), in theory changing this will 'reset' the video memory because it has to compensate for the lower (or higher) memory allocation and thus reloading the mapping data and ridding you of the graphical artifacts...temporarily. I've personally defragmented my files, though not proven yet to fix (temporarily or permanently) should improve gameplay like FPS and system speed but mainly because of the recent DayZ updates it just relocates the associated files so will make DayZ run more smoothly because your system doesn't have to go searching around any longer than it needs to for the files it needs because its now all in the same corresponding location, on the disk that is.

After update 1.7.2.5 graphical artifacts should hopefully be eliminated from DayZ, should being the operative word so just keep your hopes up and maybe we won't have to keep using temporary fixes.

Happy gaming and hope I helped,

CRUSADER

this happens to me a lot and it clears up if you exit the game and re-launch it.

i have tried the invisible console and flushed the game, but they did not go away for me even temporarily...

I am trying to completely close and restart dayz...