Sign in to follow this  
FrankDaTank1218 (DayZ)

Should armed vehicles be added to Dayz?

I'd like this idea, but only on "man made" pickups.

Basically, the pilot is still vulnerable through the windscreen in that kind of vehicle, and the gunner is extremely vulnerable.

On military vehicles, there is just too much protection.

Of course, you'd have to find the gun, the conversion kit, and the ammo! (That would take a lot of room in bags) before refilling the vehicle.

I really think a civilian vehicle converted that way would be totally all right.

Now, what would it bring to the game?

-First, a vehicle that can answer to ambushes without everyone immediately dying after a wheel got off to a shot, but can only carry three people and these people are still vulnerable to rifles and LMGs.

- Second: Not an op gun, as you'd have to find ammo (rare military loot) and hitting targets while on the move isn't a piece of cake, or even spotting them.

- Third: A good "Cover fire" unit against zeds, with the guy staying in the pick-up downing zeds near helicopters.

- Fourth: Finally something that can down helicopters.

- Finally a vehicle that would allow clans/groups to move out with their vehicles, instead of taking them and mostly keeping them deep into woods.

In all seriousness: Would THAT be op?

Somalia-militia.jpg

Edited by Deuzerre
  • Like 1

I think armed vehicles would make the game more realistic. But whether they add armed vehicles to the game or not I still think you should at least be able to shoot from vehicles. If you’re a passenger, and have a gun, you should be able to shoot out the windows or something.

Everyone has their opinion and we all come from different fps types. I for one would LOVE to have armoured vehicles added which would be impossible to penetrate with normal shells. This would make group play much more valuable because you would now be able to drive to cherno hospital, raid it, and drive away unharmed.

I also would like a Mil-26 Hind D please. It would let me encounter any small arm fire up to .50cal without harm, even blow up hueys unarmed. Also, a tactical nuke, Sharks with lazors, Maus tanks from world war two and a soldier skin with hitler's moustache please.

Come on, are you fucking serious ?

No. No armoured vehicles. not now, not ever. The point of DayZ is having to run around on foot for the most part, and damn but it's fun.

One vehicle I would like to see though is a repairable fire truck with a water cannon. That would be fun. Non-leathal zombie sprawling havocy fun!

What about it Rocket???

Let's have a fire truck!!!!!!

Yeah sure, add tanks and run around all the cities and destroy everything, that's the best idea ever!

well I am not totaly against armed vehicles as Dayz is not COD/BF3 were cars have unlimited endles ammo. Make ammo for armored vehicles rare and without ammo these will be only cars.

only problem what might happan is that someone defently will destroy buildings and again as this is not COD/BF3 there is not end of round and destroyed vilages vill stay in that stage for too long

also agianst vehicles there already are tank traps etc - if you dont want some one drive in your vilage just block the roads. Some time ago I found even M136 rocket launcher and again it perfect against armored vehicles.

The OP mentioned MG armed weapons. Why does everyone have to think OMGYOUMORONTANKSOUTOFGAMEFAST.

An MG can't break a building. Limited ammo supply is good balance thing.

No...My reason WHERE DID ALL THE BIKES GO??? Blows my mind there are not more bikes and motor bikes....should be hundreds on the map.. just my 2cents.

Hudreds of bikes. It'll start to look like Amsterdam.

I'd be happy if I could fire my sidearm out the window.

Nobody remembers the Huey? It had two M240 HMG's, besides being very fast and air mobile. A pick-up truck with rpk or pkm won't be more dangerous anyway, as long as it doesn't get a cal.50 which is much too powerful against buildings, vehicles and players.

TL;dr - If you want more weapons and armed vehicles, then stop playing the DayZ mod and go play multiplayer in vanilla Arma2.

Yeah, why not.

We already have AS50's and L85s with thermal scopes, as well as other military equipment such as G17's, AK47's, M16's and assorted machineguns.

Lets add technical vehicles, but lets not stop there. Lets also add APC's, BMP's, T90's and Abrahms tanks... also, A-10's as rare spawns right?

/sarcasm

This is a bloody survival game.

If you want vehicles with firepower, here's a thought... play Arma2 and not the DayZ mod.

You do realize that Arma2 also has multiplayer and includes all these "great ideas" about armed vehicles that people seem to come up with as if it was a brand new concept ???

If anything, the amount of military grade weapons in DayZ needs to be REDUCED and made alot more rare... or at the very least, the ammunition needs to be a rare commodity. Much more so than it is today. It's a survival game (or at least supposed to be), where Rocket really wants to have you face challenges such as hunger, thirst, sickness, weather ... pretty much everything you can think of that would affect your chances of survival. He's even stated he wanted to add things like malaria and other conditions that are real threats and affect your chances of surviving on your own. Adding more guns and armed vehicles isn't going to be a step in that direction.

Adding more guns and vehicles is a step towards making DayZ more like the vanilla Arma2 again.

• Like 1

What I think would be cool to have is Modified Vehicles. You ever seen Dawn of the Dead? When they ramp up those Mini-Buses? Yeah thats what I'm talking..

You find like Scrap metal and all this, like.. you need 15 pieces of Scrap metal to make like a Metal Side panel.. Something hard to acheive but worth it at the end. Non of this Already enhanced vehicles though.

They need to add vehicles like of the show storm chasers. Basically add vehicles that appear to have been modified to protect you from Zombies and bandits. Maybe some old school Thunder Dome type stuff.

TL;dr - If you want more weapons and armed vehicles, then stop playing the DayZ mod and go play multiplayer in vanilla Arma2.

Yeah, why not.

We already have AS50's and L85s with thermal scopes, as well as other military equipment such as G17's, AK47's, M16's and assorted machineguns.

Lets add technical vehicles, but lets not stop there. Lets also add APC's, BMP's, T90's and Abrahms tanks... also, A-10's as rare spawns right?

/sarcasm

This is a bloody survival game.

If you want vehicles with firepower, here's a thought... play Arma2 and not the DayZ mod.

You do realize that Arma2 also has multiplayer and includes all these "great ideas" about armed vehicles that people seem to come up with as if it was a brand new concept ???

If anything, the amount of military grade weapons in DayZ needs to be REDUCED and made alot more rare... or at the very least, the ammunition needs to be a rare commodity. Much more so than it is today. It's a survival game (or at least supposed to be), where Rocket really wants to have you face challenges such as hunger, thirst, sickness, weather ... pretty much everything you can think of that would affect your chances of survival. He's even stated he wanted to add things like malaria and other conditions that are real threats and affect your chances of surviving on your own. Adding more guns and armed vehicles isn't going to be a step in that direction.

Adding more guns and vehicles is a step towards making DayZ more like the vanilla Arma2 again.

Absolutely! I simply don't understand this lust everyone has for more military gear! There's too much of it already! If anything i wish it was the opposite, where even finding a handgun and enough ammo for it was a challenge in itself. Let alone having to deal with food, thirst, health, shelter, etc. and of course the infected and other players.

If you all crave this unrealistic hi-tech military shit then surely this isn't the right kind of game for you???

Personally i'd like to see more 'normal' vehicles such as cars, bikes, bicycles, even boats (seeing as there are several docks). I've no problem with that at all. And of course being able to establish a proper camp or 'base' would be great - but not some ludicrously inpenetrable army-esque underground fortress like some people want! I'd prefer something more modest, or realistic based on your environment and what's available to you... and old shack, an underground sewer, abandoned houses, barns or warehouses, etc).

There's so much potential here for a truly awesome game, but it's vital, absolutely VITAL, that it retains some 'realism'! For example, i know if my town went to hell, top of my list of would be finding some place safe for me and my loved ones (which could include any kind of vehicle to get us the hell out of here), getting food, water and medicines, and finding a means of defending myself from the horrors outside!! I wouldn't be thinking about getting ghille suits, thermal scoped sniper rifles and armed helicopters ffs!!! :)

Edited by Anduril
  • Like 1

I think this should be expanded on, not with added weapons but more of a defensive style vehicle...

What I mean is you have a bus, buses are bullet magnet's so add some 3-4" thick plating might help in the matter, but if you got a guy's shooting at you with a couple of ak's or m16's you would stand a better chance.

Your could add plating over the wheel arches to protect tyres, block up the windows to protect passengers, creating slotted front view so can still see but with limited viewing like a long thing strip cut into the metal, a ram or *hunk of metal* bolted to the front to remove those pesky zeds from the roads or if your good get that player that's been shooting at you, this would also protect the engine from certain angles.

Being heavier would also mean using more fuel as it would take more engine power to move it and obviously would go slower.

These plates could be looted from only sheds (corrugated metal) or dismantling destroyed military vehicles, you could dismantle the tank traps into 2-4 iron/steel slabs, barbed wire to put around the outside, basically a mobile fortress but with no offensive capabilities.

Like everything though you would have to keep it repaired or it could fall of mid drive due to rust or decaying parts?

Thanks for the read :)

AJ

I don't think so, because once someone finds it Cherno or Electro or even the NWA will be under constant fire, people would abuse the power of it, and because rockets are extremely rare as well it would be impossible to take who ever is driving it down. Now if they made it to where you have to build it from ground up, and only one of the vehicles you are talking about are in one server per vehicle, and it has it's own parts which are extremely rare, then yes I would say it would be fine.

Really? A truck with a gun in the back is undefeatable without rockets? Someon is too bad of a shot to hit drivers and gunners.

Yes for Dayz but not overboard.Think more like post apocalyptic type.

Not this

Arma2_oa_hmmwv_m2.jpg

But this

Arma2_oa_offroad_mg.jpg

BUT I DO GOTTA ADMIT THIS WOULD BE BADASS

Arma2_oa_landrover_special.jpg

If side plating/adding armour was added as an option it should take over an 30 minutes to do the required welding to add it to the vehicle..thats 30 minutes of your char sitting their doing the work, plus finding the required plating, a welder and enough gas to weld. It shoud not be a ..find plating..5 second magical fit.

Rockets..rockets should not even have a place in this mod.

It wouldn't matter with all the vehicle hoarding cunts on every server. You'd never see one.