Sign in to follow this  
notownlikemotown

laptop

I play on toshiba 18.4'' with numerical keyboard. So it's not that different than a PC. You'll need all the keys from a REAL keyboard, trust me.

You need a keyboard that a basic PC would have.

Num pad, all the buttons, everything. Unless you want to take the time to rebind them all.

I used to play on a laptop (even without a numpad, but you need to change keybindings!) but ended up investing in a new gaming computer to play.

So, yes, it's possible but it's usually awkward and regular consumer laptops are normally lacking in the gaming department.

I personally do not use the num-pad, as far as I am aware it is only used to look around and I hold down "alt" and use the mouse to look around.

can you get the game for a mac? i have looked but it wont download

Pretty sure it's PC only, sorry.

I currently play it on my 2011 MacBook pro.

Only issue I've found so far is no hash key for some servers other than that it's fine.

You'll have to install a windows operating system in a bootcamp partition though as its a pc only game. (recommend 7 if you're using mac lion).

• Like 1

can you get the game for a mac? i have looked but it wont download

Why would you EVER play any game on a MAC? Blech.

How well would a gaming laptop with i7, 8GB RAM and a GTX 670m with 1.5 GDDR5 run this?

I currently play it on my 2011 MacBook pro.

Only issue I've found so far is no hash key for some servers other than that it's fine.

You'll have to install a windows operating system in a bootcamp partition though as its a pc only game. (recommend 7 if you're using mac lion).

Would you mind posting a screenshot of your settings or something? I partitioned my drive yesterday just to play this, and I got it working, but the only thing I can do is run and look around. Oh, I can crouch, do that move over obstacles, and that's about it. I'm using the trackpad on my 2011 MacBook Pro. Can't cycle through weapons. Can't defend myself. I don't even know how to chat.

I'm also a strict console gamer. (Tried mapping my PS3 controller to use for the game, and I was only able to move and crouch.) This Day Z concept is the only thing that's lured me away from consoles.

Please help, man.

How well would a gaming laptop with i7, 8GB RAM and a GTX 670m with 1.5 GDDR5 run this?

Very well. I run it at absolutely full gfx and fraps with a good draw distance on a similar laptop. (6970m instead of the 670m)

• Like 1

You'll most likely have to use a mouse dude, windows 7 doesn't like my track pad either haha.

A few of the keys you'll have to rebind by pressing escape, options controls etc but that'll be more a preference thing so i'll let you figure out what you want doing what.

To get the chat up press the / key and then press the up arrow twice so you're in a channel called 'direct chat' that'll let you speak over a set radius, but most people will just kill you lol.

• Like 1

Don't use a track pad for gaming.

Anyways;

I have a late 2011 MacBook pro with AMD 6770 with 1 gb, 16 gb ram and 1440 by 900 resolution and 2.4 ghz i7 quad core

It runs fine on max graphics and highest visibility so you have nothing to worry about. I also bootcamped windows 7 32 bit ( I don't want 64 bit since I only use it for arma2!!!!)

Would you mind posting a screenshot of your settings or something? I partitioned my drive yesterday just to play this, and I got it working, but the only thing I can do is run and look around. Oh, I can crouch, do that move over obstacles, and that's about it. I'm using the trackpad on my 2011 MacBook Pro. Can't cycle through weapons. Can't defend myself. I don't even know how to chat.

I'm also a strict console gamer. (Tried mapping my PS3 controller to use for the game, and I was only able to move and crouch.) This Day Z concept is the only thing that's lured me away from consoles.

Please help, man.

First off, do you have a weapon? Can you look at your gear?

Edited by InsaneBob