CAVEGRAFFITTI

HACKERS ARE OUT OF CONTROL

I agree the hackers are out of control. Killing the Community.... Very sad.

• Like 9

I have to agree with the OP, it's very frustrating & hard to keep our community intersted in the mod when they get on & are hacked almost ever hour. Our server is maintained by donations from our community members & no one will donate toward a server they cannot or don't want to play due to the constant hacking/teleporting/ect....

Over the last few days we've gone from having about 12 to 15 dedicated players to about 5... the others are getting tired of being teleported or otherwise hacked & are playing other games.

This has nothing at all to do with the DayZ mod being in alpha, I totally understand that & so does my community, but if the DayZ devs can't get BIS to step up detection & protection, then all this is kinda pointless because the hacking is only growing by the hour & will evenually cost more & more players.

Edited by TCEd
  • Like 9

Just now, our server (US 362) was hit with a kill script... everyone on the server was killed. It's been less than 45mins sense last teleport hack. Can DayZ please turn on the who killed who message again, so at least we can see who or possible some how find who is doing this stuff??

• Like 6

Im actually enjoying this teleport thing, rack up about 10 murders in two clips blind firing.. If only i had my mk48

way way out of control

nobody cares though

"Look where we are in three months" lol, really Rocket?

Where we are is a fuckin mess where the hackers have taken control of everything and nobody is doing anything about it.

Results is the only thing we expect.

fuckin ridiculous

• Like 5

rocket is an idiot afaik this community is getting shit on by hackers and its sad...

Edited by eternalFive
  • Like 5

Im just going to cancel my server. this is stupid. I pay for this my self and my clan mates donate to help, ever since the server has been attacked I have not gotten 1 single donation and they all say the reason why is because the hackers. I give Rocket 1 week to resolve or I'm just going to password protect the server and invite another clan to battle us on it. Blacklist me I dont care we dont play on other servers. At least we know what type of people are playing on our server if it is password protected. Infact I'm even willing to go as far as having our server blacklisted before I password protect it. Maybe we can have it taken off the blacklist after the hacker situation is under control...

• Like 9

I dont blame Rocket or the DayZ devs in any way... this is a BIS issue guys. Until DayZ, there was no other mod or Arma series game that used a database to track players, DayZ is the first, hence the more attraction to the hackers as now ppl have more invested in playing & thus get more angry & frustrated when hacked, but my post was not to bash on DayZ.

Perhaps getting the text that shows who killed who would at least give us a name, but make no mistake this is a BIS issue for sure.

Edited by TCEd
  • Like 5

Well at the rate they are moving.... it will kill the DayZ community.

• Like 1

Ok, I have seen FAR FAR FARRRRR to many of these threads today and this week in general. If hacking gets any worse, then all of those threads saying the game is dying will actually have some real truth to them. We aren't there yet, but at the rate hacking is going now....it won't be long before dayz becomes hackz.

Please for the love of God ROCKET....stop the hackers!

I don't know how, I don't care how, but it needs to be stopped. Soon.

btw: I was hacked yesterday and lost a 6 day character with L85AWS and ghillie. Shot in the head from a teleporter who raided my whole CLANS camp. A very prominent clan in DayZ btw, who is being specifically targeted by hackers. We have pretty much had a hacking event everyday this week. Last nights was one of the more serious in terms of LOOT and items lost. But it pales in comparison to some hackers who just out right kill the server. At least I haven't been involved in something like that...yet.

• Like 2

Ok, I have seen FAR FAR FARRRRR to many of these threads today and this week in general. If hacking gets any worse, then all of those threads saying the game is dying will actually have some real truth to them. We aren't there yet, but at the rate hacking is going now....it won't be long before dayz becomes hackz.

Please for the love of God ROCKET....stop the hackers!

I don't know how, I don't care how, but it needs to be stopped. Soon.

btw: I was hacked yesterday and lost a 6 day character with L85AWS and ghillie. Shot in the head from a teleporter who raided my whole CLANS camp. A very prominent clan in DayZ btw, who is being specifically targeted by hackers. We have pretty much had a hacking event everyday this week. Last nights was one of the more serious in terms of LOOT and items lost. But it pales in comparison to some hackers who just out right kill the server. At least I haven't been involved in something like that...yet.

How did you manage to have a 6 day old character with a ghillie when they haven't spawned since the last update?

How did you manage to have a 6 day old character with a ghillie when they haven't spawned since the last update?

Theres loads in tents from prepatch then they duplicated them... not hard.

raided a camp...had both the gun and suit. Speaking of that the server we raided was DE541, which is now private...interesting? Shame admins can't take a loot grab and move on with life.

Doesnt matter if you got it from a tent, the loot will respawn full on a server restart :)

• Like 1

people raging must remember this is an Alpha, its not a finished game for you to be complaining about. Its "take it as is", and try to help it get better.

thats all.

• Like 3

There are rumors of another ban sweep in progress. Let's hope so.

To the server owners: we appreciate that you pay for the servers, just hold out as long as you can - it is an alpha. You should not expect much. If not, come back after 1.0 or the standalone release.

• Like 1

The sad part is the single best anti-cheat is an admin. They pay for the server give them control of it. Anyone spamming its Alpha its Alpha no sir it is bad coding by BI and wont be fixed. I seriously do not understand why admins have no control of their paid server not like stats exist or something .....and who cares if they did they would be padded and cheated anyways........

• Like 2

The sad part is the single best anti-cheat is an admin. They pay for the server give them control of it. Anyone spamming its Alpha its Alpha no sir it is bad coding by BI and wont be fixed. I seriously do not understand why admins have no control of their paid server not like stats exist or something .....and who cares if they did they would be padded and cheated anyways........

Cause the game is forgiving or w/e some spouted shit. Basically the engine is easy to hack as most of it is client side

people raging must remember this is an Alpha, its not a finished game for you to be complaining about. Its "take it as is", and try to help it get better.

thats all.

I agree it is only alpha. I don"t care about my items, I know I'm going to eventually loose them... BUT.... The game is unplayable right now because of the hackers I can't even find a hachet before everyone on the whole server is teleported and killed. You tell me how can I play like that??? Also it has chased everyone from my server witch was always full now no one will play on it, so you tell me who wants to play on a dead server? Once people start coming back the hack attacks start almost every hour on the hour!

maybe if we post about this enough they will just stop hacking.

There was just a massive ban wave.

I have been teleported twice and killed, two of my party members were teleported and killed yesterday, a few weeks ago I emptied an entire clip of AKM from 1m away into someone who looked very, very well equiped - he turned around and said "You've fu**ed with the wrong guy" and shot me in the head.

If I am killed like this again I will have to give up on DAY-Z - It's stupidly out of control and destroying my fun!

Oh no, not another one of these threads.... Again......

These threads are necessary until the problem is resolved. Unless you have something you'd like to admit?