iGolden

Am I the only bandit who feels guilty when he kills someone?

Just yesterday we had an excellent man-hunt. We were holding near Stary and spotted a pair of guys far to our south. We started to intercept. There were 5 of us and we had 2 x thermal in the squad, so it was relatively safe. Once spotted, we trailed them for maybe a kilometer, making sure they didn't get the jump on us. Then we caught them stationary for a while, took ranges and opened up. Our DMR guy got the other with a single headshot, but the other guy managed to run off despite 3-4 guys shooting at him. I flanked and when we spotted the guy again, I was closest and support was 300m+ behind. What followed was a 1,5km long hunt after the guy. He ran, I tried to spot him and not get killed. Finally, after a while, I found him taking cover and preparing for ambush in a few trees and flanked again. This time he didn't get to run.

TL;DR: 5 guys with thermals and DMRs hunt down 2 guys with inferior gear, FEELS GOOD MAN, hoping for more opponents and bigger firefights, but I take what I can! No regrets <3

PS. Thank you very much guys for not disconnecting! It was terribly uneven but still made our day. Hope it was good for the victims too ;)

^I think he didn't disco because he knows how annoying it is, and he probably thought he had a chance which his little ambush, maybe his friend was on the way to his position after dropping by a supply cache they had set up.

Think of it this way. If you didn't kill him, he would have killed you.

A Bandit must never feel guilty about killing one another.

We all die, its part of the game. I think ambushing, sniping, and killing other players is the most exciting part of the game.

unarmed people is a threat , i remember meeting a vet waiting for his friend on electro beach , i was unarmed with no pack , i asked him if i could go with them for more security , they said yeah. after a while i think they got bored from me and they tried to run away without me when i was paying less attention .

when i found them back 2 building later , i ran in the building , ran upstairs before them and found a good old shotgun, instant took it , then aimed at the stairs... you know what happened next...

Trust no one , even an unarmed guy.

Don't mess , even with an unarmed guy ;)

sad but true.

Edited by bwarky

I've been killed too many times to feel guilt. Not only by bandits, but people that I found in game and played with for a few hours before they'd killed me.

If you kill someone, it's their fault for leaving themselves exposed.

I'm not a bandit. In fact Ive got 0 murders to my name, not only on my current character, but on past ones too.

I've rarely seen other people in the game but one event has made me think it's best to kill first and ask questions later.

On my current character I spawned near chemo an spent two days in the town gearing up to head out into the wilderness.

Just outside of chemo I shoot and gut a pig because I'd taken a couple of knocks from zombies in the town. I tab a few k north into woodlands before lighting a fire and cook my meat. This takes me a while as this is the first time I've had all te materials to carry out the task. Just finish cooking and hit 3 on my num pad; there he is, 30m away crawling in my direction. I knew his intent. He wanted to kill me. If he wanted to open communication he could've hid behind a tree and tried to talk to me. No, not this guy.

I dropped and rolled left behind a tree, poked my head out and got off a few shots at his legs as he scrabbled behind a tree. I wait, I see no movement. I wait more. Perhaps he's passed out. I creep to the tree and nothing. He's gone. He's alt f4. He's a bandit. He's a coward. But it's more infectious than the undead. I'm now a bandit.

But when I do shoot someone, I feel extremely guilty

Thats good! It probably means you aren't an asshole like most bandits.

;)

Maybe you need to just go to the coast and kill spawners so you can get over your emotions of ruining people's days.

haha this. Snipe people at elektro for an hour or too. You soon get over killing people and all the hard hours they've put in. When we find fully geared vehicles at camps we usually just blow the things up. Feel no guilt.

unarmed people is a threat , i remember meeting a vet waiting for his friend on electro beach , i was unarmed with no pack , i asked him if i could go with them for more security , they said yeah. after a while i think they got bored from me and they tried to run away without me when i was paying less attention .

when i found them back 2 building later , i ran in the building , ran upstairs before them and found a good old shotgun, instant took it , then aimed at the stairs... you know what happened next...

Trust no one , even an unarmed guy.

Don't mess , even with an unarmed guy ;)

sad but true.

Just wondering, did you happen to get an akm off of one of them? And did you also happen to bump into the same player while you were on your way to balota airfield? Was your name gabriel iglesias?

After getting sniped n'th time or getting raped by server hoppers I ended up trying it myself. It feels so wrong to shoot survivors, but I want to revenge my deaths :-(

I normally don't need any items, so I just leave the body as is. Maybe they come back for it or maybe some bypasser tries to loot it...

Edited by Ihmemies

i remb the first guy i killed...he was called stephen, if your here stephen im sorry!! xD

on a more serious note its a dog eat dog world out there. today i was starting out again after being killed. i was in the electro market, and only had a hatchet. there was a winchester on the floor and as im picking it up i hear footsteps. i look round and a guy is looking at me about 5 metres away. he is well equipped with an ak weapon and pistol and a good back pack. he doesnt shoot me but rather looks aimlessly out the door at a few zeds that are wondering past. i equip my winchester....he does nothing, i load up the slugs...he still does nothing. wondering why he hasnt shot me yet i put a bullet into his face. searching his corpse he gives me everything i need to head north. canteens, meds ,knife, matches, food etc. my survival was increase substantually by his demise. did i feel guilt? no not really. he should of known better when he had alot more to loose than i did. and especially when he caught me essentially with my pants down xD

I've murdered so many times in this game that I do it now. Iv'e even been killed as a fresh spawn. I dont kill fresh spawns, but dont help them either. Anybody with a firearm however, is dead. I dont feel guilty, because its only a video game(just pixelized people with beans, no reason to feel guilt).

I always feel disheartened when I see my murder count go up rather than my bandit kill count.

Here is the way I see this game:

I started the game, willing to make friends, but wary of other players.

I then got sniped/killed while screaming friendly about 5-6 times.

I then came to fear other players, and avoided/killed them, allowing my power to grow.

I then came to a point where I now have the precious (a scoped rifle,) and now I have the power.

Overall looking back on the steps that occured before this point: I had fun growing in power. I decided to become more powerful due to fear of other players. My fun, came from my fear of other players.

Fear->Power->Fun

Now, looking at this logically, other players need someone to spread fear, so that they can grow and become more powerful, and have fun... I shall be the hero that they need. I shall snipe them while they are unarmed... so that they can have fun. :) They won't thank me for it, and maybe they'll never realize it, but I did it for their sake.

Now, before anyone tries to refute my claims that I'm doing this so my victims can have fun: I know for a fact, that I would have quit this game a long time ago if all I had to look forward to was being even MORE powerful than the zombies than I already am with a hatchet at night time. I mean, hatchet+nighttime=you're God in PvE. What would be the point in getting a DMR or AS50 or some other such baller weapon when a HATCHET already fufills every roll of PvE ownage there is (1 shot, infinite ammo, silenced.)

Edited by Ayashiki

Sometimes I do if they are just chillin and scavenging but when I kill someone that shoots me im like fuck yeah!

Rarely Do i feel guilty anymore we all are trying to do the same thing now.

I do

But only when I get the jump out of nowhere on them, not when they shot at me first

I not.

Just killed an unarmed guy, he had a single zed on him, I shot him first, then the zombie (for preventing stealing my kill), then i drag his body into the sea and watching him die under the water bleeding.

• Like 1

This shit is getting old. It's a video game. If you feel guilty for killing somebody in a video game, you are either A, a power puff girl; B, too attached to the game; or C, in need of psychological help. There are therapists that can help.

Of course, you could also be a faggot looking for replies and "beans".

How exactly do you need psychological help when you feel bad about killing someone's character who has invested many hours in gearing it up?

By far the most retarded post I have read not only on this forum, but on the internet in its entirety.