kieranbrazil91@gmail.com

BattleEye is shit. Bring on Punkbuster/Admin bans

I think many of us would agree that BattleEye just does not cut it as a anti-cheat system. I've seen it ban innocent players, continuous hacking and the failure to actually stay on top of any of the hacks that are being used. My server was hacked 5 times in a row with a full population server - the entire population was teleported to a location and mowed down with a helicopter. We managed to go through the logs and ban those responsible (pretty easy to see who it was with the scripts log) But the question is - why doesn't BattleEye seem to have implemented a feature that can detect this? Or report a anomaly in players location (e.g. moving great distances quickly, executing scripts). It doesn't seem to able to keep up with the rapid expansion of the game. Perhaps its time to move to another anti-cheat system that keeps up to date and seems to work. (Sorry, not the biggest fan of BattleEye - too many bad experiences) Also, a question - can Server owners globally ban players? Because I've heard reports of players that I have banned and that are now globally banned? Cheers guys :D

Punkbuster is just as bad as BattleEye...not to mention the ArmA engine was not built very well to protect against cheats seeing as its a milsim. Your argument is invalid.

Edited by Grimlok

Ahaha, PunkBuster.

Good One.

Seriously though, PunkBuster sucks. Yes, more so than BattleEye.

I will be damned the day a reliable anti cheat system comes out.

Battleye is shit but I think the problem is more with how Arma2 is so script based. That being said I did get a chuckle from the Steam store page for OA that listed "CHEAT PROTECTION" prominently as a key feature of the game.

Back when I was playing Battlefield 3, people were pissed off because Punkbuster same as you are at Battleye.

Sad truth is, that we are not winning the war with cheaters / hackers, they are always one or more steps ahead :(

Punkbuster is shit..... has been forever. kicks LEGIT players before hackers. dafuq?

To be fair there all easily exploitable whatever anti-cheat you have in place...

And to be honest you should thankfull the guys working at battleye BIS and Dayz do what they do..

nevermind coming on here Bashing there software, they do work hard with keeping up tracking whats being used and done to cheat then swinging the ban hammer and sorting alot of accounts at once, as it should be, no they probably wont ever win but its trying to keep up they work at..

Also with such a popular mod / game there will allways be many more emo 12 year old fucktards wanting to ruin everyones fun

Why dont you go and code your own full proof online game software anti-cheat, Mr 2guns and a few others i'm sure will welcome you with open arms..

plus you will become legends of the DayZ community, i cant wait to see your work

epic!

• Like 2

I'm not sure how difficult it would be to implement, or if its being done already, but wouldn't be easier to do an automated whitelist of the scripts that can be run and the people that can run them; and whomever runs an unauthorized script along with not being in the list of allowed people(server admins), gets a global IP and CD-key ban?

Even world of warcraft has hackers. and blizzard/activision are probably the richest software developers out there.

Even world of warcraft has hackers. and blizzard/activision are probably the richest software developers out there.

Not really...

Edited by Wexzor

Not really...

yes actually. do you know how much they make per year JUST from WoW? 12 million x £8,99 x12 = £1294,560000 yes that's one thousand two hundred and ninety four MILLION per year. JUST from Warcraft, and that's BEFORE

Diablo 3 + real money AH.

+ Call of duty

+ Skylanders

yes they have overheads and staff to pay. but trust me, only maybe EA are close to having that much money.

yeah mate. they're the poorest.

BattleEye: Not too good.

PunkBuster: Kicks legit players.

What is the worse, what is the best... When it'll be a standalone, something different may occur, but otherwise...

Punkbuster is even worse than Battleye.

Utter tosh.

Do you have a clue what you are even talking about?

yes actually. do you know how much they make per year JUST from WoW? 12 million x £8,99 x12 = £1294,560000 yes that's one thousand two hundred and ninety four MILLION per year. JUST from Warcraft, and that's BEFORE

Diablo 3 + real money AH.

+ Call of duty

+ Skylanders

yes they have overheads and staff to pay. but trust me, only maybe EA are close to having that much money.

yeah mate. they're the poorest.

Actually, Activision is majority owned by Vivendi as of the merger in July 9, 2008 now know as Activision blizzard, Vivendi also own Blizzard entertainment by majority share, Thus making Vivendi probably massively rich, CoD produces Billions of dollars a year when each game is released.

As of January 18, 2010, it has taken over $1 billion in sales - modern warfare 2

By December 22, worldwide revenue of Black Ops exceeded $1 billion.Sales remained strong months after the game's release, remaining at the top-seller list in February 2011 - Black Ops

Modern Warfare 3 went on to gross $1 billion throughout the world in 16 days of availability, Modern Warfare 3 topped the UK video game sales chart in its first week, becoming the biggest video game launch in history by revenue. By November 21, 2011, the game remained the bestselling title in the United Kingdom, despite sales dropping by 87%.Modern Warfare 3 held the top spot on the UK charts for a third week and fourth week running.

Probably as you said, the richist developer in the world.

Edited by Authentic92

Actually, Activision is majority owned by Vivendi as of the merger in July 9, 2008 now know as Activision blizzard, Vivendi also own Blizzard entertainment by majority share.

yeah but they're still the same company. it's called "Blizzard-Activision" now if you look on boxes. so I'm sure their profits are consolodated. either way. they've got a fucktruck of cash compared to most developers, and still get hackers. *my original point*

yeah but they're still the same company. it's called "Blizzard-Activision" now if you look on boxes. so I'm sure their profits are consolodated. either way. they've got a fucktruck of cash compared to most developers, and still get hackers. *my original point*

Read my edit'd post, i was agreeing with you :P

Edit, They deal with hackers alot better than most companies except they let the leader-boards get fucking ruined every year and take a good 3month to fix it.

Edit 2, Blizzards Warden anti hack is quite good compared to a few others.

Edit 3, I have not played any of the CoD games on a PC so i could not tell you how terrible the anti hack is, but for console it's solid never seen 1 hacker, only leader board abusers.

Edited by Authentic92

I'm not sure how difficult it would be to implement, or if its being done already, but wouldn't be easier to do an automated whitelist of the scripts that can be run and the people that can run them; and whomever runs an unauthorized script along with not being in the list of allowed people(server admins), gets a global IP and CD-key ban?

This sounds like a good idea. Is it plausible?

Thanks to battleye I can't even play DayZ for more than 10 minutes at a time. Something happened after 95054 beta that makes Battleye end up "not responding" 5-15 minutes after I login to a server.

I'd rather have punkbuster, it hasn't ever prevented me from playing any hl/hl2 mod/tf2/l4d/etc.