leblackdragon

Bandits don't get punished, Survivors do...

Like I said in another post the solution is not in rewarding good guys but in "punishing" bad actions, yes, killing is a bad action for most of us^^.

The skin out is perfect. Human is not binary. Sometimes we need to shoot, sometimes we can avoid it.

Soldiers have nightmares, even if they think they kill for the good. That must be simulated to reach the graal Dayz is looking for^^

KILLING IS HARD, it must be an hard choice each time.

80% of humans believe in something after death why not implementing it.

You do bad, you go to hell ^^

What s hell? Waiting for respawning and playing the game we love.

First kill --> You will wait one hour to respawn when death

Second kill --> +50 mins

3 --> +40 and so on..

Then once it reachs 6 kills--> Each kill --> +10 mins

So if you are a serial killer^^ It will be punish and you know it, there is a consequence to kill other. I think people will really hesitating between kill or not.

Mike

80% of humans believe in something after death why not implementing it. You do bad' date=' you go to hell ^^ What s hell? Waiting for respawning and playing the game we love.[/quote']

While I find your idea intriguing, it gives me an unfair advantage. I'm an atheist.

:D

I was about to buy CO for this mod right until I heard they removed the bandit thing. I was only about to buy it because they added the bandit skin mechanic.

As much as I think the devs want this to be realistic unadulterated player interaction, there's just nothing in the game to simulate the actual subtleties of such a situation.

While the bandit skin thing was merely a substitute for something more desirable, it was still the ONLY substitute, and IT WORKED.

The most subtle threat I've seen in the past three minutes

Well, we're all glad you dodged that bullet. This obviously isn't the game for you. Oh, wait. Why am I even replying? You didn't buy the game, so you probably won't even read this post. Damn. I just wasted my time.

Just as an aside, to anyone reading this who actually thinks the whole, "I'm going to tell the devs that I'm not buying their game, because I think they're making a mistake and that their game is bad", actually works? Think again. That's stupid, on a whole other level of stupid.

Yes, DiscoRobo. Your post was bad, and you should feel bad. /Zoidberg

Here is what this game teaches me. Everyone but your friends that play with you are the enemy. You must kill everyone because thats the only way to make it. You cannot trust anyone except your buddy on the other side of vent or TS.

Peole are going to exploit the game, they are going to camp the spawns for equipment food and vehicle parts. That is life and the creator of this game is giving us insite on how people really are or how HE thinks they will be.

This popular game will not be so popular after people keep getting killed because someone can just shoot you for the fact that they can do it with no punishment.

I VALIANTLY DEFEND EVERYTHING THE DEVELOPER DOES -

I will buy and play when it or whatever replacement is being brewed up is back in.

-AND MISSED SOME REALLY OBVIOUS STUFF

I can't "threaten" with not buying CO. DayZ gets no money from that. I can't "buy" DayZ.

Also: They've hinted that they're adding something in later with the whole "humanity" mechanic. Obviously this isn't the game for you if you don't want it and would rather play COD deathmatch shooting everyone on sight.

Here is what this game teaches me. Everyone but your friends that play with you are the enemy. You must kill everyone because thats the only way to make it. You cannot trust anyone except your buddy on the other side of vent or TS.

Then you have closed your mind' date=' and are learning nothing.

Peole are going to exploit the game, they are going to camp the spawns for equipment food and vehicle parts. That is life and the creator of this game is giving us insite on how people really are or how HE thinks they will be.

There are ways around the exploits (i.e. camping spawn points) but camping specific locations for food and parts is not an exploit. If you don't like it, do a proper search of an area before running into a building. I do. Others do.

This popular game will not be so popular after people keep getting killed because someone can just shoot you for the fact that they can do it with no punishment.

You left out 'in your opinion' in the beginning' date=' and a problem statement in the end. There should be no punishment for people shooting you. (Sorry, [i']In my opinion, there should be no punishment for people shooting you. I certainly should be following my own rules.)

The most subtle threat I've seen in the past three minutes

Well' date=' we're all glad you dodged that bullet. This obviously isn't the game for you. Oh, wait. Why am I even replying? You didn't buy the game, so you probably won't even read this post. Damn. I just wasted my time.

Just as an aside, to anyone reading this who actually thinks the whole, "I'm going to tell the devs that I'm not buying their game, because I think they're making a mistake and that their game is bad", actually works? Think again. That's stupid, on a whole other level of stupid.

Yes, DiscoRobo. Your post was bad, and you should feel bad. /Zoidberg

[/quote']

Actyally smart devs do tend to listen ot these kind of arguments if there is enough of them. I hope rocket is a smart dev..

I will buy and play when it or whatever replacement is being brewed up is back in. I can't "threaten" with not buying CO. DayZ gets no money from that. I can't "buy" DayZ.

You most certainly threaten' date=' good sir. You will buy it and play it when the replacement is back in, aka "you won't buy it until your demands are met." That's a threat. Just because it isn't valid against DayZ, doesn't make a cow not a cow.

Also: They've hinted that they're adding something in later with the whole "humanity" mechanic. Obviously this isn't the game for you if you don't want it and would rather play COD deathmatch shooting everyone on sight.

Read some of my posts before looking stupid. Especially the "your fault" link in my sig, regarding how others are making it 'deathmatch', because it's certainly not me.

Not sure.. but if they're going to add another mechanism later, why removing the skins now? Wouldn't be better to wait and deploy a better system instead of risking to spread the deathmatch behavior all around?

Especially the "your fault" link in my sig, regarding how others are making it 'deathmatch', because it's certainly not me.

So... blame all the players for broken game mechanics? Tell humanity to nut up and completely disregard all human nature, while they're faceless on the internet with instant respawns and no repercussions... rather than the dev just accounting for human nature?

You most certainly threaten, good sir. You will buy it and play it when the replacement is back in, aka "you won't buy it until your demands are met." That's a threat. Just because it isn't valid against DayZ, doesn't make a cow not a cow.

It's called feedback. I assume the dev actually reads here. The feedback reads like this: "This issue is so bad, I will not play his mod, (let alone shell out 15-30$ for the requirements of the mod.) [implying this is priority to be addressed]"

This is still in alpha so you can expect much will be added, removed, and possibly added again over the course of development. I'm sure Rocket has an idea in mind for handling the issues this thread discusses, and if perhaps those ideas don't work out he could add the bandit skins back. It is all speculation at this point and just judging by the drastic changes made in 1.5.8, it is safe to say there will be many, many more to come. Some you will like, some you won't, so just take a deep breath and relax.

DiscoRobo - There is feedback, and then there is positive feedback. Devs prefer positive feedback. Telling a dev you won't be buying the game required for his mod because you don't like a change he made is not positive feedback.

Thinking that you can tell a bad guy by how they look, walk, or act is possibly the naivest thing I've heard in years. I realize that the medium of a video game isn't the most realistic portrayal, but the bandit skins were allready beyond the pale, imo.

Folks, bad guys look just like everyone else.

This is still in alpha so you can expect much will be added, removed, and possibly added again over the course of development. I'm sure Rocket has an idea in mind for handling the issues this thread discusses, and if perhaps those ideas don't work out he could add the bandit skins back. It is all speculation at this point and just judging by the drastic changes made in 1.5.8, it is safe to say there will be many, many more to come. Some you will like, some you won't, so just take a deep breath and relax.

This is why I'm sitting on it, rather than buying CO now. THREATENING THE DEVELOPER WITH MY FEEDBACK.

But yeah, I fully expect it, and the new system, to be in and out a few times. This is to be expected of alpha.

Part of the "problem" may be that there is a core of Arma 2 players that have been longing for public multiplayer for a very long time. We don't like CoD, we only play BF3 because it's "adequate", but what we really want is to have the freedom of an Arma 2 island in which to plan our attacks on other human players...

...so, I'm sorry, but to me this is just an elaborate deathmatch, not a role-playing game.

I'd rather play Warfare, but Rocket hath given me noobs to attack and other skilled units to defend against. :D

Survivors=Ayn Rand libertarians.

I think you need to read up on Ayn Rand and Objectivism if you think Ayn Rand should be associated with survivors and not bandits.

I think the one that needs to read up on it AND comprehend what Rand stated in her definition of Objectivism is you...

The system is Objectivism. Everyone can do as they please and eventually there is an equilibrium.

The problem with online games (FPS) is that that there is more weight toward murdering other people rather than avoiding confrontation.

The bandit skin was a perfectly fine mechanism to counter the existing FPS game mentality of shooting people ASAP. It also provided something you would get in reality; word-of-mouth warning of murderers and their description.

Some of the folks replying here are so incredibly defensive about a bandit mechanic in an alpha mod to the point of being disrespectful. Guess they're enjoying this easy streak too much.

To those replying with respect and manners, thank you for contributing to the discussion. I'll say it again, Bandits have it too easy. In real life (this game is a brutally realistic simulator, isn't it?) you get an uneasy gut feeling if someone has bad intentions. It's read from how that person talks, looks, moves... and this game has none of that.

"DICE? Makers of the awesome Battlefield series? Those guys seriously ROCK! Can't wait for the next awesome expansion pack. I have my dollars ready!" Quote from leblackdragon

Are you kidding me they haven't addressed those that have problems on PC I have it for xbox then I also bought it for PC for the larger battles, but it doesn't work. when the game actually loads all I get is a black screen with the objective markers and the HUD

leblackdragon - And I'll say it again, the numbers on the front page of the website just do not back up your assertion. Bandits and murders are just not that much of a problem save for those folks who try to enter a major city all alone with nothing but a pistol.

This game, in its current alpha state, can be played in a way that you can avoid bandits, by heading north and avoiding the hot spots like the airport. I'm not promising you won't get sniped by someone randomly, but your odds will be far, far higher than the method of play you appear to be using.

leblackdragon - And I'll say it again' date=' the numbers on the front page of the website just do not back up your assertion. Bandits and murders are just not that much of a problem save for those folks who try to enter a major city all alone with nothing but a pistol.

This game, in its current alpha state, can be played in a way that you can avoid bandits, by heading north and avoiding the hot spots like the airport. I'm not promising you won't get sniped by someone randomly, but your odds will be far, far higher than the method of play you appear to be using.

[/quote']

Thanks for assuming I'm a noob. Put your shoes in both parties for a moment and compare the advantages. Thank you and your numbers.

So your only complaint is that it is easier to be a bandit than a survivor? If that is the case, you either need to grow some stones and accept the challenge of a survivor or take the easy way out like so many others and just become a bandit.

I'm a noob, so yes, I assume anyone complaining the game is too easy for bandits is a noob too.

I was about to buy CO for this mod right until I heard they removed the bandit thing. I was only about to buy it because they added the bandit skin mechanic.

As much as I think the devs want this to be realistic unadulterated player interaction' date=' there's just nothing in the game to simulate the actual subtleties of such a situation.

While the bandit skin thing was merely a substitute for something more desirable, it was still the ONLY substitute, and IT WORKED.

[/quote']

How do you know that IT WORKED when you have never even played the game? Truth is that it didn't work. If someone attacked you, missed, and you shot back and killed them...guess what? You get the bandit skin! In order to avoid this you had to let them shoot you before returning fire, and in an ultra realistic game like Arma2 this is not an option since most guns will kill you every time. We had bandits running around with survivor skins killing people and survivors running around in bandit skins getting killed because no one believed them. You may want to try getting a clue before posting.

leblackdragon - And I'll say it again' date=' the numbers on the front page of the website just do not back up your assertion. Bandits and murders are just not that much of a problem save for those folks who try to enter a major city all alone with nothing but a pistol.

[/quote']

Thanks for assuming I'm a noob. Put your shoes in both parties for a moment and compare the advantages. Thank you and your numbers.

I don't see many advantages to being a bandit other than having camouflage. Of course, that camouflage comes with the distrust of other players and will probably end in you getting shot if you don't shoot first.

Rocket (the dev) wants to go for ultra realism' date=' and that you should solve problems faced like you would in real life, he lost grasp of the fact that this is a video game medium he's using.[/quote']

Agreed his time spent coding could have been much better used creating a biological weapon capable of turning living human beings into mindless flesh eating undead drones.

Meaning, you'll attract all the gun ho CoD players without a care in the world for fellow humans. There's no penalty for immoral acts in this game, so they aren't punished AT ALL for being bandits now. While decent survivors ARE punished for being moral.

If this was real, and thank god it isn't, I wouldn't trust anyone. Why would you? Trust is earned not just handed out. I avoid contact unless absolutely necessary. Just because I'm one of the few surviving people in an area doesn't immediately mean it's touchy feely time with everyone else, still breathing, I encounter. People lie. People cheat. Most Zombie story writers and movies show the very realistic breakdown of morality the absolute millisecond shit hits the fan. It's human nature, read a history book and then imagine what would happen if zombies were added in the mix.

... and the biggest fault (IMFO) to Rocket's broken vision is...

Rocket's broken vision. Bravo. I'd say a poor choice of words, but perhaps in your bitterness it was intended.

[..]you can't read people online. Their body language, their tone of voice, their faces... while they, at all time, are reading the chat log and abusing it.

You need to be very well versed in human psychology and trained in reading body language to have any remote hint of someone who is well experienced in deception, to see any red flags in their behavior. I guess you're a trained interrogator, such as a police homicide detective or other more extreme examples of said job.

How many Zombie or even horror movies show you the main characters responding to a distress call only to be ambushed upon entry. It isn't unrealistic, humans are greedy, especially in dire circumstances. Watching the news should be enough proof of that fact.

Not everyone is a sour grape, but all it takes is one sour grape to kill you.

The MOD is not heavily sided, IT'S FULLY sided for Bandits. Which I consider makes it broken now. Rocket may have good intentions, but he isn't introducing any real counter balance to Bandits.

Rocket's good intentions just made the company he works for a nice chunk of money, and given me close to 100 hours already of amazing gaming experience, like none I've had. As far as this garbage about siding with Bandits. Avoid them? I've been ambushed only once and laid the dude out with my buddy. I've never been jumped unexpectedly unless in areas I knew the risk was present. (IE NW Airfield). There are so many ways to avoid Bandits. It's a bit like, "Well I have all these miles of land to navigate and gather supplies, however, I'd much rather go in the direction of all that shooting and player deaths".

If you want to find someone to group with, you are taking that risk. Not everyone will kill you just to kill you.

Introduce some small animation difference to their walk. Add a very subtle deviation to how they hold weapons. Change their faces ever so slightly so that it could only be recognized real close. Flip side, deny bandits access to the chat log or something.

I didn't know being unable to chat actually prevents them from killing you... oh I see, you hopefully aren't one of those cats who listens to folks saying "Come here I found a great gun but can't take it in Cherno". Rocket doesn't like global chat to boot, he wants to have it be direct chat only, which it should be.

Don't get me wrong, I'm fully for realism. You don't want forced bandit skins. Fine! Give me what I use in real life to help make a decision on someone. Body language and facial expressions.

Yes you're all for realism, on your terms. It doesn't take much to fool people in real life as to your intentions unless, you're like I said, a real gangster at reading people. That requires training and a lot of instinct, something most folks don't have.