mind_grenade

Biggest/best camp you've found so far?

My new hobby (as some of you may know) is finding hoarder camps and redistributing to nubs/people who don't KoS.

We find probably 2 big-ish (roughly 3 or more vehics counts as big-ish) camps a night on various servers in 2-3 hours, so in the last few weeks we've had our fair share of big camps. We've got it down to a science now, it's amazing how common it is for people to hide things in the same spots. With amazing reliability. Like you could almost give grids for each "camp spawn" (that's what we call them they're that reliable) along the north of the map. It's insane.

What's the biggest one you've ever found?

From memory mine was about 12 vehicles, 3 of them Urals, about 30 tents each paaaacked to the brim with shit. I think that camp had about 14 AS50's in total, 12 MK48's, 13 Ghillies, about 15 NVG's, 15 M4 CCO SD's, 52 SD mags (no joke), 60+ M107 mags, tons and tons of vehicle bits, the lot. It had every single item in game at least once. Tons and tons of bear traps (which we placed *all*, around 30 of them, around the camp for a night before stealing it all for teh lulz).

EDIT: Can't have one of these threads without pics! Here's one of the Urals from said camp

p3iWU.jpg

Edited by mind_grenade
  • Like 1

Jelly.Once I get arma,I expect AS50 and ghillie suit from u :D

What goes around comes around. Well done. I dont build camps I just use other peoples.

I've been involved in building big camps. I've been involved in raiding camps too.

If you think that's a big haul, there are ones out there a lot lot bigger.

I've had three large camps I was involved in building raided simultaneously, and all our vehicles found/stolen/destroyed, by just 2 players in the space of 2 hours. With the current state of the alpha, camps are just like your personal equipment. Don't get attached. Fun to build and stock, but in the long run, they'll be discovered, destroyed, or bugged to death. Same with vehicles.

Yesterday, I did a little exploring and discovered 3 small camps in just a few hours. Obviously the personal stashes of small groups of players, maybe no more than 2 or 3 strong. Rather than raiding or destroying, I used them to restock, taking nothing that would indicate that they had been found. I'll be using them for restocking when fresh respawning on the coast from now on ... or at least until I am discovered, or someone else finds and destroys them. I prefer being a ninja to being a bulldozer.

• Like 3

Giving AS50's to people who don't kill on sight, and expecting them to stay that way? Really?

• Like 2

Giving AS50's to people who don't kill on sight, and expecting them to stay that way? Really?

ROFL! Quite true.

"Honestly that guy was looking right at me, he had a winchester and I am sure he was gonna rob me of my frank'n'beans and Mountain Dew. I've had the MD since April!"

"How far away was he?"

"Oh about 1159m..."

• Like 5

ROFL! Quite true.

"Honestly that guy was looking right at me, he had a winchester and I am sure he was gonna rob me of my frank'n'beans and Mountain Dew. I've had the MD since April!"

"How far away was he?"

"Oh about 1159m..."

Made me lol .... (well smirk if I'm honest) .... have some beanz

• Like 1

I don't go camp hunting in the north, but I found a nice 2 tent camp one. As50 with 6 mags, m4a1 cco sd with 20 sd stanag mags, and 7 mountain dews were among the choice items.

Maybe the one where i got my first ghillie. Have found ~60 tents today so far after got bored and went in the woods :P

Pretty sure me and my friends found a clans camp. Well over 20 tents. Hidden real good too. We just got lucky but it was nuts. Some of the tents had tents on tents so like 3 all on top of each other. It was near a pond and in a hedge-row Crazy hoarders. We looted what we wanted and left the rest which wasn't much. Guessing they all became infected..

P.S. you will find player tents above the Stary military tents. Normaly the snipers will drop loot in them and sit a ways back and enjoy the fresh noobs who are greedy.

Edited by RyBo

It's foolish to think you won't ever need the guns, but most people aren't even giving anyone a chance and just killing straight away. Which a lot of the time, robs people of the high-tier experience in DayZ, but if you give someone a chance a much more evolved experience can unfold. Human interaction is much more spontaneous and surprising than continuing along without them 'cos they're dead

People whinge that DayZ is a deathmatch, but they don't get that every time you kill someone without absolutely confirming they are KoS hostile you are just adding to the situation.

Damn, I should hunt up north more often, but I just don't have the patience for it.

I got no pics but the biggest camp I ever found was at the middle western part of the map on top of a hill, 2 vehicles and a shit load of tends, not all filled tough.

Damn, I wish I could have one of those M16A4 ACOG guns, or the M4A1 SD...

I've been involved in building big camps. I've been involved in raiding camps too.

If you think that's a big haul, there are ones out there a lot lot bigger.

I've had three large camps I was involved in building raided simultaneously, and all our vehicles found/stolen/destroyed, by just 2 players in the space of 2 hours. With the current state of the alpha, camps are just like your personal equipment. Don't get attached. Fun to build and stock, but in the long run, they'll be discovered, destroyed, or bugged to death. Same with vehicles.

Yesterday, I did a little exploring and discovered 3 small camps in just a few hours. Obviously the personal stashes of small groups of players, maybe no more than 2 or 3 strong. Rather than raiding or destroying, I used them to restock, taking nothing that would indicate that they had been found. I'll be using them for restocking when fresh respawning on the coast from now on ... or at least until I am discovered, or someone else finds and destroys them. I prefer being a ninja to being a bulldozer.

take a bit and leave no trail. i like it. we. (my son and i were heading to town for blood bags) as we needed supplies. ( we both had less than 12000)when all of a sudden . tent city. lol. well we took some bloodbags, left the rest. and changed targets with a clear concience. btw. i did the save tent thing cause i wasnt sure and didnt want to destroy all thier hard work. does that save the tent from being destroyed?

We stole a camp, 2 days later it got stolen, we got someone else's camp then a day later that got stolen lol.

Spill the beans ... where are the likely places for camps? I've not seen any yet.

take a bit and leave no trail. i like it. we. (my son and i were heading to town for blood bags) as we needed supplies. ( we both had less than 12000)when all of a sudden . tent city. lol. well we took some bloodbags, left the rest. and changed targets with a clear concience. btw. i did the save tent thing cause i wasnt sure and didnt want to destroy all thier hard work. does that save the tent from being destroyed?

Saving the tents just saves the current inventory. Explosives and/or driving over them in vehicles destroys the tents and their contents .... at least until the next server restart :(

I have 1 Tent hidden somewhere, and it has never been found yet has been there for about 5days now :P, just a matter of time i know but still it's nice to have alot of items to run back to when you die.

I found my first tent last night, and it was surprisingly close to the coast. I found 4 enfield mags and liek 11 .45 acp rounds for the revolver. This worked well as they are the two guns I happen to have. Also found morphine which is the first time I've seen any. Various food items. Clearly not a major camp, but a good find for being so close to the coast.

Biggest camp not that I found but we built was 23 vechs, 7 atvs, 3 tractors, 3 bikes, 2 motorcycles, ural, blue van, red car, 2 busses, supply truck, white overroad truck and the military offroad.

Surrounded camp with barb wire and tank traps and had maybe 1/2 way with sandbags damn things are rare -.-. We had it for over 5 weeks but lately hackers just keep teleporting there and blowing it up lol. We had I think 18 ppl living outta it at one point. And yes we used most the vechs we would usually have most the atvs out and the bikes roaming for other camps or heli crashes we had soooo much stuff.

Havnt been back in a while not sure whats still left there ended up just taking an atv and a tent and making my own camp closer to cities with supplies I needed.