Sign in to follow this  
slugsmoneygirls

put log out timer and make guns do less damage to players

I think you are clearly missing the point here. Other game developers don't buy the engine because it was not designed to be a game engine. It was designed to simulate modern military combat for training purposes. And in that version it has been sold to numerous countries and militaries. Arma2 is built off that, some aspects are simplified for gameplay reasons, but in essence it remains more a simulator than a game.

when we play dayZ we are playing a game. since the engine is being used as the framework for a game i am judging it as a game engine. whatever you want to call the thing that makes arma 2 tick, i think it does a terrible job at making day Z tick.

1. he is NOT working on this by himself.

2. yep.

3. this is not a GAME engine, it's a simulation engine, no they're not the same. so comparing them to pure game engines is again a moot point.

4. try harder. try again/

Actually, Rocket is the only person doing any of the coding for the mod.

Edited by Authentic92

put a log out timer that keeps u in server for 20-30 secs after u leave the server even if u alt tab. insta log out kind of ruins the whole point of this game.

reduce the gun damage to other players. pvp is fun in this game so make it last longer. fuck realism, i like drawn out battles.

remove RNG based stuff like knocked down when under 9000 hp. this is just dumb. stupid random events like this and bugs are annoying and stupid.

make zombies harder. maybe more damage and/or HP or just add more (might increase lag). reason why people dont work together is because the zombies are so easy. srsly i dont even bother to stealth even if i dont have weapon. just sprint around like a madman and aggro all of cherno, do some crazy tricks its all good. i dont think you should be able to outrun zombies indefinitely either, it makes the game wayyyyyy tooo easyyyyyyy.

please make standalone version fast. arma engine is sucks. god what kind of retard idea was it to put positive accel on y axis and negative accel on x axis and you cant even turn it off. most ridiculous UI and inventory system as well. why use change in colour to represent hunger/thirst levels. almost every other game out there uses a bar or a numerical value because it is better, it is easier to tell what your levels are like compared to stupid colour change system. also current system is not colourblind compatible.

^

DO IT

"Fuck realism"

Go away, please.

Dude. As an ex marksman. I'm going to tell you this. 400 meters to 2 miles a 50 cal round is still going to hit you with more force than a magnum at point blank range. so your statement about 400+ losing power is one of the most retarded and ill-thought out statements I've ever heard. seriously. get your ass back to call of duty and leave us actually ballistics fans to Arma2 and DayZ

ok dude thats really nice. i get it you like realism. i really wish you would understand my game design philosophy

-=- i dont think realism is always the best way--

im not saying you should agree with it, i just would really like if you could understand it because it is getting really painful responding to you because you cant seem to understand that my aim is not to make DayZ realistic.

i think playing a game and treating it like a game results in a better gameplay experience. i have already explained how longer time to kill requires more skill than lower time to kill because the luck of positioning plays a greater role in the outcome of combat. i think the role of luck should be minimised in a permanent death game. <-- please try to address this argument in your further posts.

if you really like the current balistics and damage and realism how about make available body armor, kevlar, ceramic plates etc etc. so players can defend themselves from regular rifle rounds 5.56 7.62 and weaker stuff.

thats cool bro thanks for not being a dick and simply disagreeing/agreeing and putting in your own input

No problem, I want to try and bring the forums back to discussion about the game, or just random stuff. Like rocket says he needs everyones input good or bad. Keep posting ideas, and we will try not to feed the trolls.

ok dude thats really nice. i get it you like realism. i really wish you would understand my game design philosophy

im not saying you should agree with it, i just would really like if you could understand it because it is getting really painful responding to you because you cant seem to understand that my aim is not to make DayZ realistic.

i think playing a game and treating it like a game results in a better gameplay experience. i have already explained how longer time to kill requires more skill than lower time to kill because the luck of positioning plays a greater role in the outcome of combat. i think the role of luck should be minimised in a permanent death game. <-- please try to address this argument in your further posts.

if you really like the current balistics and damage and realism how about make available body armor, kevlar, ceramic plates etc etc. so players can defend themselves from regular rifle rounds 5.56 7.62 and weaker stuff.

then if you don't like realism I suggest you fuck off back to battlefield and make a zombie survival mod for it.

currently I'd guess 90% + of the people PLAY this "game" for it's realism.

DayZ is going StandAlone sometimes in september or october of this year is what i heard

They said if they decided to make a standalone version then it would be released before the December. You think they could make a standalone game in 2-3 months without it being pure crap?

then if you don't like realism I suggest you fuck off back to battlefield and make a zombie survival mod for it.

currently I'd guess 90% + of the people PLAY this "game" for it's realism.

i doubt anyone plays the game for its "realism" - i think most people dont understand why they like the game. all i can say is that it FEELS real, it has soul, it brings out emotions like fear, anger and it utilises emergent gameplay effectively.

i love how you use inverted commas the word game implying dayZ is some sort simulator..... i dont think you understand the what a simulator is.... dayZ is a poor anything simulator. in a zombie apocalypse people there is not an infinite number of survivors that spawn along a coast line and an infinite number of ready to use resources available.... people dont break legs from jumping down 2m off a ladder. you cant simply survive a 50 cal shot indefienetly buy applying a bandage... dayZ is a game, if it makes you feel better you can call it a game simulator...

They said if they decided to make a standalone version then it would be released before the December. You think they could make a standalone game in 2-3 months without it being pure crap?

maybe they already started making it ages ago? i doubt they could make a standalone in 2-3 months unless they use the same engine and simply remove arma2 stuff they dont need and clean it up. i mean they have all the assets there and stuff.

when we play dayZ we are playing a game. since the engine is being used as the framework for a game i am judging it as a game engine. whatever you want to call the thing that makes arma 2 tick, i think it does a terrible job at making day Z tick.

Ok, now I get it. You want to play a different game than the one we're talking about. You're hungry and you want to eat but want to go to McDonalds instead of a sushi restaurant. Well, there's absolutely no reason why you should eat raw fish, when there probably is a McD's somewhere in your neighbourhood. You can find them just about everywhere and they're always open, buddy ;)

Just don't ask your local sushi chef to cook you up a nice burger with xtra fries, cause you're bound to get some strange looks from him. Bye :facepalm:

• Like 2

i doubt anyone plays the game for its "realism" - i think most people dont understand why they like the game. all i can say is that it FEELS real, it has soul, it brings out emotions like fear, anger and it utilises emergent gameplay effectively.

i love how you use inverted commas the word game implying dayZ is some sort simulator..... i dont think you understand the what a simulator is.... dayZ is a poor anything simulator. in a zombie apocalypse people there is not an infinite number of survivors that spawn along a coast line and an infinite number of ready to use resources available.... people dont break legs from jumping down 2m off a ladder. you cant simply survive a 50 cal shot indefienetly buy applying a bandage... dayZ is a game, if it makes you feel better you can call it a game simulator...

you can "doubt" it as much as you want, I play the game for it's realism. games like Cod and BF3 and other games are just too easy now. I come from a time when games had unfair learning curves. they were designed specifically to fuck you up so that you had to keep pumping money into the cabinet. DayZ and arma2 still have that unfair learning curve. and I personally know that most of the people who I play with, play it for similar reasoning.

and your arguement is shit because you can't survive 50cal shots in game. it's 1 hit kill YO.

i doubt anyone plays the game for its "realism" - i think most people dont understand why they like the game. all i can say is that it FEELS real, it has soul, it brings out emotions like fear, anger and it utilises emergent gameplay effectively. it is a breath of fresh air compared to the derivative on rails hold my hand daddy please style console port shooters that have been released in the past years.

Ok, now I get it. You want to play a different game than the one we're talking about. You're hungry and you want to eat but want to go to McDonalds instead of a sushi restaurant. Well, there's absolutely no reason why you should eat raw fish, when there probably is a McD's somewhere in your neighbourhood. You can find them just about everywhere and they're always open, buddy ;)

Just don't ask your local sushi chef to cook you up a nice burger with xtra fries, cause you're bound to get some strange looks from him. Bye :facepalm:

nah bro you still need to understand something else. hopefully you will understand this one a bit quicker.

this game is in alpha. i post to let the devs know what direction i would like to see that game go in. community can discuss/disagree/agree. i dont want to play another game. i want to play this game with some minor changes. you cannot really do anything about that im really sorry to tell you that. im really not sure what i can help to make you understand this whole idea.

So basically... you want to take an Arma2 mod.... and make it not have anything to do with Arma...

As a basic scriptor i can say that that would take MONTHS to make. The coding would have to be edited, and almost completely redone for weapons if you want to nerf weapons, as you would have to balance them out in other ways. The color system is accepted and welcome change from bars and numbers IMO. As for the zombies it has been said numerous times that it wont be changed anytime soon. DayZ was meant to be a proof of concept of making a realistic zombie apocolypse survival mod. Your saying that, without undergoing a name, author, and engine change, you want to make it less realistic. That wouldnt be DayZ then. DayZ is meant to be semi-real. You try taking a few bullets and now wanting to lay down for a bit. As for the inventory, yeah its not the best, but it could be a lot worse. This is an alpha build, and should be treated as such. If you REALLY want to change stuff, go make your own mod.

OK, I do understand your point, Slugsmoneygirls. You want this to bе a more fair playing ground from e-sports point of view. I do like BF and some COD games for them being balanced for competition, where player has to control recoil of his gone to land enough hits for kill.

The thing is - it doesn't fit in Arma+DayZ. Lots of people play this game for realistic experience - if you made a mistake and got caught off guard - well, bad for you. You've made a mistake, play smarter next time. These huge part of players don't want any changes to realism. I would want this game to become even harder and a bit more realistic - more infections from wounds, broken bones resulting in limping after some treatment etc.

Edited by Sinoby

you can "doubt" it as much as you want, I play the game for it's realism. games like Cod and BF3 and other games are just too easy now. I come from a time when games had unfair learning curves. they were designed specifically to fuck you up so that you had to keep pumping money into the cabinet. DayZ and arma2 still have that unfair learning curve. and I personally know that most of the people who I play with, play it for similar reasoning.

and your arguement is shit because you can't survive 50cal shots in game. it's 1 hit kill YO.

how can you say BF3 is easy unless ofc u are referring to the single player campaign...... BF3 is a multiplayer game in which the difficulty depends on your opponent. im pretty sure BF3 as a higher skill cap than dayZ simply because it takes more shots to kill someone. you need to be better at aiming to kill someone in bf3 than you do in dayZ simply because you abiltiy to aim is checked a larger number of times in order to score a kill. on top of this the bullet drop is unrealistically large and the bullet travel time is unrealistically slow requiring excellent prediction in order to land shots at range on moving targets. higher skill cap means it has potential to be more difficult. i would probably say bf3 is a significantly more difficult game then dayZ. i dont think you understand the fact that 1 shot kills infact means the game has a lower skill cap...

why do you think all the esport shooters are arena style FPS with huge time to kills and fast movement? because it is fucking hard to kill people that are moving fast and have huge lifebars unless you have the crazy reflexes, hand eye coordination, anticaption, memory, strategy and awareness. quake live is free. go and make an account and join a duel server and see if you can get 1 kill against the person you are dueling. i dont even have to worry about the selecting an opponent. even the noobs will wipe the floor with yoru arse trust me. quake live/ quake 3 arena is probably one of the hardest games....

more shots = higher skill cap?

boy are you fucking retarded.

and as for your "go try quake yadaydada" bullshit argument. dude I've been playing countless FPS games competitively for years. and I far from suck at them. I was in ranked halo2 clans for years and Counterstrike also. please just take your irrelevant and bullshit arguments somewhere else.

the top and bottom of it is. you're a carebear.

Edited by Blindingsun

reduce the gun damage to other players. pvp is fun in this game so make it last longer. fuck realism, i like drawn out battles which are more about skill rather than the luck of positioning

You're doing it wrong

god what kind of retard idea was it to put positive accel on y axis and negative accel on x axis and you cant even turn it off

ArmA takes into account the weight of the weapon. You're still doing it wrong.

almost every other game out there uses a bar or a numerical value because it is better, it is easier to tell what your levels are like compared to colour change system. also current system is not colourblind compatible.

ArmA isn't every other game and it will never be. You see that H.U.D. on the right side of the screen? You're lucky to even have one, but you're still doing it wrong.

DO IT

You're not playing CoD, so please DO IT.

Edited for spelling mistakes..... :blush:

Edited by SIMJEDI

put a log out timer that keeps u in server for 20-30 secs after u leave the server even if u alt tab. insta log out kind of ruins the whole point of this game. i hear BI is working on some crazy scheme that records players log out behaviours and kills their character or something based on something. WHY not just put a simple log out timer. alt+f4 haha ur char still stays in the server for 20 seconds even if ur game is off. why do you want to overload your servers with more data collection/processing.

reduce the gun damage to other players. pvp is fun in this game so make it last longer. fuck realism, i like drawn out battles which are more about skill rather than the luck of positioning.

remove RNG based stuff like knocked down when under 9000 hp. this is just dumb. stupid random events like this and bugs are annoying and stupid.

make zombies harder. maybe more damage and/or HP or just add more (might increase lag). reason why people dont work together is because the zombies are so easy. srsly i dont even bother to stealth even if i dont have weapon. just sprint around like a madman and aggro all of cherno, do some crazy tricks its all good. i dont think you should be able to outrun zombies indefinitely either, it makes the game wayyyyyy tooo easyyyyyyy.

please make standalone version fast. arma engine is sucks. god what kind of retard idea was it to put positive accel on y axis and negative accel on x axis and you cant even turn it off. most ridiculous UI and inventory system as well. why use change in colour to represent hunger/thirst levels. almost every other game out there uses a bar or a numerical value because it is better, it is easier to tell what your levels are like compared to colour change system. also current system is not colourblind compatible.

^

DO IT

Nice way of letting the devs know which direction you wanted the mod to evolve in.

And please also accept the fact that there are people who have been playing the base game for years already and are sick and tired of others joining this forum after 2 weeks of play, telling others how they don't understand fuck all about this shitty game. And how they are experienced gamers that will take this community by the hand and lead those poor misguided souls to enlightenment and show them what a truely enjoyable game is,which...by all accounts...can't possibly be this crappy, poorly designed, stupidly developed, shitty excuse for a game that Arma (and it's mods) is. And woe to those like me, who've actually enjoyed Arma for years and actually know the game and disagree with them. Yes, you got on my nerves, dear boy. Enjoy it.

• Like 2

OK, I do understand your point, Slugsmoneygirls. You want this to bе a more fair playing ground from e-sports point of view. I do like BF and some COD games for them being balanced for competition, where player has to control recoil of his gone to land enough hits for kill.

The thing is - it doesn't fit in Arma+DayZ. Lots of people play this game for realistic experience - if you made a mistake and got caught off guard - well, bad for you. You've made a mistake, play smarter next time. These huge part of players don't want any changes to realism. I would want this game to become even harder and a bit more realistic - more infections from wounds, broken bones resulting in limping after some treatment etc.

no i dont want dayz to be an e sport. there is no way it could become one. i would just like if RNG dependant things were removed like <9000 knockdowns. if you want to have a penalty make it something that isnt based on random chance. i dont think random chance is fun at all. remember in super smash bros when you were owning and then the hammer spawned right next to your noob friend and it turned the tide. that was no fun imo. if you are good you should be rewarded for being good. if you are bad you should be punished for being bad.

the thing about 1 shot kills is that they luck plays a large factor. it seems like most players are opposed to reducing gun damage because they like realism. what about body armor. soldiers wear ceramic plates that are good for 1 rifle round. what is wrong with including that into the game and almost helmets and kevlar.

bf and cod games are pretty bad for compeition btw. cod is run and gun, time to kill and recoil is very low so any noobs can do well with spray and pray. bf3 recoil patterns are very much random cone shapes. in order to have a competition game you can have random stuff like that. counterstrike 1.6 has fairly predictable recoil patterns which is why it makes a good competiive game. bf3 is also way too big and there too many things that can be exploited/go wrong in competitive play.

more shots = higher skill cap?

boy are you fucking retarded.

and as for your "go try quake yadaydada" bullshit argument. dude I've been playing countless FPS games competitively for years. and I far from suck at them. I was in ranked halo2 clans for years and Counterstrike also. please just take your irrelevant and bullshit arguments somewhere else.

the top and bottom of it is. you're a carebear.

you are a fucking tool. where is your argument? there isnt one. you know why because you WRONG and i am RIGHT. you didnt even take up my challenge. srsly you are a huge faggot dude.

go read my post it clearly explains why more shots to kill = higher skill cap. you are thickheaded fool that cant comprehend simple logic. srsly i dont know why i am wasting time on some pathetic shithead. srsly just go and learn some maths. go and buy a maths textbook for high school students and just learn some stuff, you are so dumb it aint funny, some maths might help train ur logic abilities.

Edited by slugsmoneygirls

Nice way of letting the devs know which direction you wanted the mod to evolve in.

And please also accept the fact that there are people who have been playing the base game for years already and are sick and tired of others joining this forum after 2 weeks of play, telling others how they don't understand fuck all about this shitty game. And how they are experienced gamers that will take this community by the hand and lead those poor misguided souls to enlightenment and show them what a truely enjoyable game is,which...by all accounts...can't possibly be this crappy, poorly designed, stupidly developed, shitty excuse for a game that Arma (and it's mods) is. And woe to those like me, who've actually enjoyed Arma for years and actually know the game and disagree with them. Yes, you got on my nerves, dear boy. Enjoy it.

u mad?

too many arma 2 fanbois in dis bitch confusing unintuitive and unreponsive UI/controls with difficulty

Edited by slugsmoneygirls

First off, I didn't say about dayz becoming esport, I said from esport point of view - it is considered that landing more shots requires better skills in guncontrol, and it gives a guy, that has been jumped on a chance to fight back.

Cod4 was pretty competitive btw, later parts just suck. Bf3 isn't best bf game either exactly because of random cone. But my point still stands - this game requires different skill set - playing smart, planning your movement, team coordination and others. It is different, and people like it for being different. These players don't go to cod forums and ask them to make the game realistic, and they expect others to do the same towards Arms.

Btw, rocket is considering addition of body armor later on.

Edited by Sinoby
  • Like 2