tbartoli13@iskl.edu.my

Whats the point of getting a M16/M4A1/AKS-7U etc?

Nobody has mentioned the amazing M249 SAW. My fav weapon to be honest. Most people will hit the dirt when they hear it going off and for good reason - it suppresses the shit out of everything you are aiming at.

• Like 1

I have a SVD Camo for long distance, for middle distance i have a M4A1 CCO for very short distance i have a clock.

In my case automatic weapons nice for middle distance fights, in a building i love a M1911 but i lost my :-/ so i used the clock cause of her big magazin :P

Edited by Suito

M4 SD suks bad.. since the game turned into PvP by a while already, you're going to die bad by almost any other weapon in the game if you encounter another player. It was good before (where the main task was killing zeds), now it's just a waste of space into your backpack. You need to go for a good PvP weapon: FN FAL (pretty common at heli crashes), AKM (easy to find / common mags), Lee Enfield (powerfull, but not so good in close).

On a separate note: this game is all about camping/sniping .. if you own an AS50 you don't need anything else really. :)

Edited by WalkerDown

They pick them for utility and flexibility.j

What I'm carrying now:

m16a4 ACOG with a mix of regular and SD Stanag clips - Good close quarters weapon that also has 400m effective range and the bare minimum in terms of optics for scouting. High RoF for those rare occasions when I get a horde of zombies I can't just run from.

Camo SVD - For when I want to hide in the grass and watch an airstrip for an hour. Good range, good optics, good rate of fire, and it just looks cool. :)

M9 SD - For stealth kills on zombies anywhere I think other players might be. If I have to kill a zombie anywhere near an airstrip, downed helicopter, or major city I headshot them with this.

The Enfield is the great equalizer, the mass-produced partisan gun of DayZ that can kill anybody regardless of how much gear they have. It keeps the experienced players honest when they come to the coast for a little PvP. Anybody spawning on the coast can snag an Enfield from a barn in 5 minutes and put up a fight regardless of how otherwise outgeared they might be.

Edited by random51

I have a SVD Camo for long distance, for middle distance i have a M4A1 CCO for very short distance i have a clock.

In my case automatic weapons nice for middle distance fights, in a building i love a M1911 but i lost my :-/ so i used the clock cause of her big magazin :P

you shoot things with a time keeping object? interesting story bretheren, I think you mean GLOCK.

@Blindingsun haha thanks a lot :D little mistake from my side :-) but isnt it cool to kill someone because i use my clock? ;)

On a separate note: this game is all about camping/sniping .. if you own an AS50 you don't need anything else really. :)

Until you need to go get medical supplies etc.

because there is more then 'lurking in the bush sniping' as a role in this game.

I love my AR's, they are handy in a time of crisis. when you need to break silence and mow down a horde you can do it faster and more efficiently.

Because they are weaker than the AKM/Lee Enfield/M14 and those one shot kill guns?

What is the point of having an automatic weapon in DayZ?

AKM has an audio range of 150m, Lee enfield 234m and M14 180m, meaning they will attract alot of zombies. Automatic weapons on the other hand can be silenced, if not then they are still quiet, most at 80m audible range.

More reason? Because everyone has a different preferences, there is a reason why there is so many weapons to choose from, and that's for you to choose you which suits you best.

You can kill zombies with one hit with an M16..

Not really, two to the body.

AKM has an audio range of 150m, Lee enfield 234m and M14 180m, meaning they will attract alot of zombies. Automatic weapons on the other hand can be silenced, if not then they are still quiet, most at 80m audible range.

Automatic weapons on the other hand can be silenced, if not then they are still quiet, most at 80m audible range.

Automatic weapons

...are you trying to say the AKM isn't an automatic weapon?

Because they are weaker than the AKM/Lee Enfield/M14 and those one shot kill guns?

I prefer the M4 CCOs over the AKM because of their red dot sights and lack of zeroing (I think zeroing is just an inconvenience for an assault rifle). But yes, they are weak, and I would much rather go with a M14 AIM or FN FAL than an M4.

What is the point of having an automatic weapon in DayZ?

A higher rate of fire.

• Like 1

I love the Enfield and always found it to be great looking weapon.But sadly my fave weapon is only in Dayz in its camo format(SVD camo).Would love to see the normal SVD drop at same rate as the Ak's since its been around for a very long time.

Edited by wolfstriked

Nobody has mentioned the amazing M249 SAW. My fav weapon to be honest. Most people will hit the dirt when they hear it going off and for good reason - it suppresses the shit out of everything you are aiming at.

[2]

I love my M249. A lot of people talk about the Mk48 or the M240, but I honestly prefer the M249. Sure its's only 5.56, it takes 2 body shots to kill, but it has a 200 rounds clip (that's 100 bullets per inventory slot!), great accuracy, an insane RoF and low recoil, so who cares?

• Like 1

Have a m249. Great gun, got lots of kills with it. However, I am looking to recover another gun that I had hardly used and lost it when I died (and in retrospect, should have used more): the Mk 48 Mod 0.

Anyways, the Lee Enfield is a good starter gun I think. Has decent range, and great stopping power. However, in my experience it doesnt do well against automatic weapons (or weapons with a higher rate of fire). Had people fire at me with the enfield, miss, and I fire a few shots into them (m14 AIM for example) before they can even get the next shot off. I suppose it is good for ambushing someone if they are alone and don't see you, but you can't afford to miss.

Guns without decent sights like AK's, M4's, M16's are difficult to use at long ranges if you are playing on a server that doesnt allow the crosshair. And in the end, all guns like that and the enfield cannot go toe to toe with a decent sniper rifle. They just dont have the handling and the range.

I drop the Enfield when I find a decent automatic gun with enough rounds to go with it.

I'm currently using an M14 AIM with a Saw as my backup. I killed a guy with the Saw at the NW AF a couple of days ago and it was one hell of an exciting kill even though he didn't see me. I imagine he must have absolutely shit himself when that wall of bullets slapped into him :D

Also I actually prefer the Winchester over the LE

I run M4A1 CCO SD and DMR, yes for pvp.

M4A1 CCO SD - Effective range 200m , 2700 damge. Audible range its >1m. This gun is perfect for sneaking up on people and killing them. Cherno/Elecktro Snipers. The damage is meh but the fact people can't really tell where you're shooting from is probably the best advantage you can have.

DMR - I am not afraid of the dark, even before I had NVGs. Fact is being Semi and needing two shots to take down a person isnt bad at all. The option to use NVGs with it makes this gun even better. I found most of the time you can get two shots off pretty quickly. I tend not to shoot moving targets with lag/dsync is can make it almost impossible.

Edited by Hashisx

... What, why? The M4 CCO SD is one of the best guns in the game because it's silent and you won't attract every player in cities towards you. Especially handy at night. Plus, zombies turn into shooting gallery puppets with it.

Well yeah I know. But the ammo is somewhat rare, and 2722 damage is a bit on the low side. Since zombies isn't really a big threat anyway, I prefer the louder AKM with 4500 damage and common ammo.

Also for some unknown reason I've always liked the russian AK's better than american M16 or M4 guns in pretty much every game.

Edited by Fryseboks

I can't stand the AK iron sights, personally. I'm used to compensating for bullet drop on weapons without zeroing thanks to Battlefield games, so having a nice open sight like the CCO means lining up headshots is a breeze.

I'd take the CCO SD any day because suppressed weapons are much more useful against zeds. If I come across a player, then my tactic is either run if they see me first, hide if they haven't. Or shoot them if they have something I really want.

A lot of it is down to personal opinion, of course. In most instances I wont switch away from the Enfield unless it's for a suppressed weapon or something in 7.62x51 NATO

In Battlefield (I own and have played everything up from 1942 to BF3) your weapon is zeroed pretty much perfectly for every distance, except very long range when there's a slight drop. In DayZ and Arma 2, it works both ways. Since the M16 is zeroed at 400m, shooting with it close range (10-100m) means that the bullet will hit considerably above where you are aiming, which just feels so awkward. I wish the zeroing was adjustable for most guns.

The CCO has nice sights however and is zeroed at a way more reasonable distance.

Honestly, if you can't work out these reasons yourself then you'd be better to stick with a starter weapon since it won't hurt you so much when you lose it.

A gun is NOT just a gun, there are so many factors involved that one gun will be favoured over another in certain conditions.

Sure, a bolt action like a Lee Enfield might do more damage but raw damage isn't always a bonus.

Suppression is one method. Example, there's 2 guys and you're in cover. What's going to be more beneficial to you? One damaging shot that's loud and gives your position away or laying down a hail of bullets making them drop? Same if you're with a partner, do you think firing one shot every so often giving them time to pin point your location is a good thing because it can OHK? Or laying down a couple of rounds as your buddy creeps towards them

Recoil

RoF

CQC

Ammo consumption

Damage

maneuverability

The size of the weapon (Having a massive barrel poking out giving your position away F.EX)

Ease of finding the ammo

Reloading time

Loudness

How many rounds the magazine holds

Are you solo, support, suppressing, spotting, against zombies, players or both.

The extras that come with it, night vision, scope, zeroing etc etc

The location you're going to raid, inside buildings, in the city, village, trees, castle, fields etc etc

There are SOO many factors involved when looking at what weapon you want to carry that just looking at damage alone will only cut down your survival time. It's a factor but it's a limiting factor. Getting a 1 shot kill isn't going to help you against 2+ people when they can spot you and hit you after you drop a buddy of theirs. What if you miss? Are you going to stay calm while there's 2 weaker automatics firing your way with bullets whizzing past your head? They can strafe left and right while spraying and praying, you're going to have to stand still and make yourself even more of a target so you can ADS and pop that damaging shot off.

I dunno, do you really need to be told all this?

• Like 3

why have anything else other than the mk? 2 shot kill for players, kick of an fal, laying down it is really accurate, 100 round belt, easy ammo to find, and a very high rate of fire.

It's just a tool box, you pick the tool for the job. Myself I like the ol' 1911 45. Seriously though my favorite weapon is whatever I have ammo for. Getting attached to supposedly rare guns is silly.