RiKShaw

Simply, Rope

I suggest there be a new item which is quite simply a coil of rope. It has the same spawn rate as Camping tents but only spawns in barns/agricultural spawn locations.

Naturally, it sits in the toolbelt.

Toolbelt:

• Allows you to pull vehicles.. Very very slowly but surely. This is so when you are driving a vehicle on low fuel and you run out in the middle of the road, you can pull the vehicle to the treeline to hide it.
  • Allows you to hogtie unconscious players. When hogtied, a players view is almost like being prone and the unconscious meter still empties but when emptied the player still cannot move. Hogtied players would be able to have their gear looted as if they were dead. They would still be able to be dragged, or perhaps carried. After 5 min (The time can be changed. Please tell me what you think) the hogtied player gains the ability to "struggle free" by pressing the action key. Doing so would free them from the rope and they would be able to stand up, similar to regaining consciousness. Any player may "Retie bonds" to reset the 5 min timer or "Untie Bonds" to let the player free.
  • Allows you to bind players. Binding is like hogtying in the way that it disables a player but only their hands are bound. They may still walk, run, step over everything. They may not manage their inventory but they can view it and view loot on the ground, just not pick it up. Players get the ability to struggle free after 10 min of being bound. Unlike hogtying, you may bind players from any position. Bound players may be hogtied at any time, regardless of stance. Binding takes the same amount of time as combining mags, taking painkillers, eating, etc. Your player is a competant military officer and they are able to tie someone up fast.
  • Rope up an animal. Roping an animal would loop the rope around the animal and cause it to follow the player that roped it. There is no particular reason for this but there are lots of possibilites that could be implemented later like procreating animals, hiding an animal until you may gut it or even using a cow as cover. It opens up a lot of possibilities.

If you have any feedback, criticism (of the constructive kind) or further ideas, please comment.

Edited by RiKShaw
  • Like 8

I suggest there be a new item which is quite simply a coil of rope. It has the same spawn rate as Camping tents but only spawns in barns/agricultural spawn locations.

It naturally sits in the toolbelt but can be equipped in the pistol slot.

Toolbelt:

• Allows you to pull vehicles.. Very very slowly but surely. This is so when you are driving a vehicle on low fuel and you run out in the middle of the road, you can pull the vehicle to the treeline to hide it.
  • Allows you to hogtie unconscious players. When hogtied, a players view is almost like being prone and the unconscious meter still empties but when emptied the player still cannot move. Hogtied players would be able to have their gear looted as if they were dead. They would still be able to be dragged, or perhaps carried. After 2 min (The time can be changed. Please tell me what you think) the hogtied player gains the ability to "struggle free" by pressing the action key. Doing so would dump the rope on the ground beneath the player (therefore being able to be picked up by the victim) and they would be able to stand up, similar to regaining consciousness. Any player may "Retie bonds" to reset the 2 min timer or "Untie Bonds" to let the player free. Hogtying a survivor consumes your rope. (So you may have 1 hogtied player per rope at one time because freeing them refunds the rope)

Pistol Slot; After reloading your character can throw the rope like a lasso; A lasso may:

• Rope up a survivor. Roping a survivor would imitate legs being broken and force the player to crawl. They may still stand or crouch and most importantly, shoot. Whilst a player is roped they may "struggle free" which would dump the rope beneath the player. (Takes the same time as bandaging). A roped survivor may also be hogtied.
  • Rope up an animal. Roping an animal would loop the rope around the animal and cause it to follow the player that roped it. There is no particular reason for this but there are lots of possibilites like procreating animals, hiding an animal until you may gut it or even using a cow as cover. It opens up a lot of possibilities.
  • Whilst you have something roped equipping a pistol would derope an animal and the rope would drop at the animals feet. If you have a survivor roped they remain roped and must struggle free. Also while you have something roped you may unrope the target or simply "Drop rope". Dropping the rope keeps the target roped and animals would not move, but removes the rope from your inventory.

If you have any feedback, criticism (of the constructive kind) or further ideas, please comment.

I think you confused some points here...

Anyway, I like the idea of something that allows me to steal from a player and then after 2 minutes (about 5 would be better) they can struggle free. I've ended up in firefights where I've knocked the enemy unconscious and just wanted to loot them, but I have no way of doing that or gauging when they'll come to.

Although, the lasso part is kind of strange and no one would really be proficient with it in real life...

Edited by FishIsTwonk

i like the idea but id make it much simpler. be able to tie up a player when hes unconcious or surrendered yes but thats it.

i'd also make it so you cannot retie the enemy up unless they are still unconcious and make any bleeding stop while a person is tied up

I think you confused some points here...

Anyway, I like the idea of something that allows me to steal from a player and then after 2 minutes (about 5 would be better) they can struggle free. I've ended up in firefights where I've knocked the enemy unconscious and just wanted to loot them, but I have no way of doing that or gauging when they'll come to.

Although, the lasso part is kind of strange and no one would really be proficient with it in real life...

Alright lemme help clear it up.

1. Its a toolbelt item. Just like the hatchet or the flashlight however you can "Remove from toolbelt" and then you can use it like a weapon and lasso
  2. If you hogtie someone it uses up your rope. You no longer have it in your inventory. If you want the rope back you have to release the person.
  3. I was just trying to say what happens if you de equip the rope whilst you have someone roped. But thats a good point its confusing. The main point of that paragraph is to say that you can "Drop rope" to keep the animal still or to equip a pistol, yet keep a player roped without hogtying him.

i like the idea but id make it much simpler. be able to tie up a player when hes unconcious or surrendered yes but thats it.

i'd also make it so you cannot retie the enemy up unless they are still unconcious and make any bleeding stop while a person is tied up

Ok being able to rope someone thats prone would be useful but we'll see about the lassoing. Also, you need to retie up a player because otherwise you only have a 5 min window of them being tied. Essentially you are just tightening up the knots so that they can't slip the knot and get out.

One of my other friends suggested the ability to hang people...

Or set up a trap which causes a player to be hung upside down for 2-5 min

Edited by RiKShaw

Alright lemme help clear it up.

1. Its a toolbelt item. Just like the hatchet or the flashlight however you can "Remove from toolbelt" and then you can use it like a weapon and lasso
  2. If you hogtie someone it uses up your rope. You no longer have it in your inventory. If you want the rope back you have to release the person.
  3. I was just trying to say what happens if you de equip the rope whilst you have someone roped. But thats a good point its confusing. The main point of that paragraph is to say that you can "Drop rope" to keep the animal still or to equip a pistol, yet keep a player roped without hogtying him.

Ok being able to rope someone thats prone would be useful but we'll see about the lassoing. Also, you need to retie up a player because otherwise you only have a 5 min window of them being tied. Essentially you are just tightening up the knots so that they can't slip the knot and get out.

I understood but your points are contradictory to the way the game currently works, the reason it's classed as a tool is because it's essentially an unlimited use item, so it being "consumed" would be a strange feature... Also hogtying an animal/person should cause the rope to be "consumed" so why would you need to drop it (to use a gun)?

(Sort of my point with marking the things you said in red)

One of my other friends suggested the ability to hang people...

Or set up a trap which causes a player to be hung upside down for 2-5 min

With this, the only problem is people... They'll ALT+F4.

Edited by FishIsTwonk
  • Like 2

True they would. The best part about the rope is that there is a non-death way to deal with a player. When I find a player, I have to kill them because its just too dangerous to allow them near the lee enfield thats nearby. If I could rope them then it'd give me a 5 min window to escape/loot. The moment you're trying to kill them it is just inefficient.

Then again though there will be people who will DC while being tied up. Even with the next patch wherein it takes them 30 secs to DC, you're not going to have time to loot them. Do you think that hogtied players (or players that are being hogtied) should have their body tied to the server? As in, instead of the 30 second logout, you have a 5 min logout if you're hogtied?

And yes, I realise not consuming the item isnt that bad. And without the lasso, you could still move up to an animal and "Rope animal". I'll update the OP when I have time.

i can just see people constantly retying poor people up just to be pricks. for hours and hours

ooh the other issue is, when you shoot someone they usually die. a better game mechanic in my opinion would be that they went unconcious and would require a second shot while they are downed for the kill.

i mean if you're in a fire fight you aren't gonna aim for the leg.

True they would. The best part about the rope is that there is a non-death way to deal with a player. When I find a player, I have to kill them because its just too dangerous to allow them near the lee enfield thats nearby. If I could rope them then it'd give me a 5 min window to escape/loot. The moment you're trying to kill them it is just inefficient.

Then again though there will be people who will DC while being tied up. Even with the next patch wherein it takes them 30 secs to DC, you're not going to have time to loot them. Do you think that hogtied players (or players that are being hogtied) should have their body tied to the server? As in, instead of the 30 second logout, you have a 5 min logout if you're hogtied?

And yes, I realise not consuming the item isnt that bad. And without the lasso, you could still move up to an animal and "Rope animal". I'll update the OP when I have time.

Agreed but I certainly wouldn't do it for a Lee Enfield...

And tying a body to a server would be nice, including after "death" so their death is registered properly with the HIVE as well as being able to loot it. However, I think it wouldn't be very fair but those leaving whilst being captured aren't really doing it to be fair. If this were to happen, it would have to have a limit of maybe 10 minutes? So after that they will break free no matter what, the lasso shouldn't be implemented at all as it'd be overpowered in this situation.

Oh, and animals will probably struggle more than humans when you're trying to tie them up...

Edit:

People don't always die from one shot, I shot someone in the back with an M24 yesterday, was slightly below the neck and it didn't kill, I ran over emptying my last M9 SD magazine into him and he still didn't die, I had to put another M24 bullet in his chest from point blank range...

Edited by FishIsTwonk

Ribano, if they're tying people up for hours then they're also wasting their time. And yes, if you want to keep a prisoner thats what you have to do if you're going to go trap them in wire. Its a dick move but they aren't killing them. And you'd aim for the legs if you want a prisoner. Also, even if you can't retie, whats to stop people from waiting till they break out, pointing a gun at them, saying "Get down" and then retying them? This also negates any 10 min max timer. If you've been captured once, you've got no guns and no hope of running away if they're standing there. If they can't tighten your bonds then they will just incap you and rehogtie you again.

Animals may resist more IRL but they dont react to gunshots so these arent the smarted barn animals. I think they'd come easily enough to have it as a cool idea. Not useful but cool. PS: M9 SD is a peashooter and thats a statement about the M9 more than it is about player health.

lol at the lasoo idea haha ! ! that doesnt fit into my kinda zombie apocalypse but i still like it ^__^

Hows about a grapling hook aswell ? some people might say " well why would you " and i say just because it would be possible ! rather than entering a building from below risking ambush u surprise them from above ! ( unless 1 member of ambush team heard the hook land above :P)

FUCKING LOVE THIS GAME

I can see a grappling hook killing players and breaking their legs from falling...

I'd love to see some non violent stuff come from this. Like maybe a stun rifle and a police car (can put in hogtied players to lock them up temporarily).

Almost every session now, I see a time where I would have really liked this to be included.

i love this idea the more i think about it... would make being a survivor rather possible without being a perfectly Friendly survivor (you could lone wolf and just Steal from people ) sneak up on them made add a blunt weapon that knocks people out then tie them take there stuff and run :D

Precisely! Half the time I die, I'd gladly trade my stuff (some of it) for my life. EG: My friends are all in Elecktro on another server. I spawn there, find a AK 74 and get shot with a Lee Enfield. If he had been able to tie me up, he'd have taken my AK, left me the Lee Enfield and I'd have happily changed server so I can meet with my friends. This will mean that people can kill for their gear, without killing them!

I updated the OP. Removing the lasso entirely and simplifying it.

I think its a tad too bland without the lasso... anyone agree?

I added the functionality to bind players instead of hogtying them as well. This way I can't be sniping, then suddenly be tied up. I'd still be able to run away from them.

edited out retard

I like the idea of including rope to be used in traps, maybe tripwires too? Make a player trip and have a chance to be knocked unconscious for a minute. (as if he hit his head)

I could see clans dragging a few players behind them who have been captured, and having a bit of a slave trade. The possibilities are endless!

+1 for making me think of all the fun ways to use rope in the game.

Beans to you as well as a show of support of the idea.

Also to the players who state "players will just Alt-F4": Rocket will be programming a consequence for alt-f4ing soon. Like the player dieing, being unconscious, or being warned after several Alt-F4 attempts that they will be banned or killed.

Edited by Partywaffle

Well, my email notification caught your original message

First off I just want to get the dick comment out of the way and say: IT'S SPELLED HOGTIED YOU FUCK.Seeing it misspelled this whole time bugged the hell out of me.

I do thank you for picking up my spelling I dont tend to type hogtied often. Just... dont be so gruff...

Anyhow thats precisely the thing. I've thought of 1 (and a bit) ways to use rope but its such a versatile item that it can expand the game so much.

Perhaps it should spawn same rate as clothing (so, double camo/ghillie suits spawn rate) but still only in agricultural spawns.

i like it the idea, in my opinion though, ropes can pull vehicles, hog tie? maybe but then you could replace that with handcuffs.